Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Adler- The one that you hated

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Streetchild

Streetchild

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts
  • 12-November 05
In the video for "The One That You Hated," former Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler takes on destructive relationships with his new band. "The lyrics are about two people that are no good for each other, but for whatever reason won't break up," says frontman Jacob Bunton. "Maybe it's the sex, maybe it's the convenience, maybe they're just scared to move on and start over, but a lot of people seem to be attracted to the people that they hate. Love and hate are intimately linked within the human brain."

Although it's an early Adler track, "Hated" was one of the last songs the band recorded for their album. "One night Slash was at the studio and we played him a couple of the songs," reveals Bunton. "When this song started playing, he was grinning ear to ear, so we knew either it's a kick-ass song or it's so bad we're making him laugh."

For Adler, the new project is an invigoration, a fresh breath of creativity. "I love the music we're creating!" he says. "I haven't been this excited about my band since the GN'R days." "Hated" is the first single off the band's debut album, Adler. No release date has been set.

Read more: http://www.rollingst...6#ixzz1tB1vLJM6
Posted Image

Daedalus

Daedalus

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • 03-May 10
Cool song :)
Steve is (still) a kick-ass drummer!

When I see footage of Guns N' Roses, I see that fucking hunger and attitude. You could not fuck with those five guys. It was just raw. It was this lean, hungry thing on its way up.  - Slash

When we started we wanted to be the coolest, sexiest, meanest, nastiest, loudest, funnest band.  - Axl

HowlinWolf

HowlinWolf

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • 11-December 09
I really like that.. Definately has a 80 metal vibe but feels fresh at the same time.. When does this album come out? Slash should take these guys out on the road with him??? Steven could jam out a couple uns tunes with him every night too. Sounds like a bad ass idea to me anyway..
Tom-Ass

Turn_It_Up

Turn_It_Up

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts
  • 10-April 05
Really good track, Steven is playing his ass off and sounding great and the whole band surprisingly strong. BUT--might be a case where they shoulda used young actors in some type of story vid and let the song speak for itself. Sometimes better to sell the song that way, than showing the band themselves. :lol:
If everything's coming your way you're facing the wrong lane

Zint

Zint

• SILVER
  • 17,234 posts
  • 24-February 06
Yo,Slash...need an opening band for your tour?

2i0u9oh.jpg

vaida

vaida

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • 19-November 11
I'm not sure how to rate it. I didn't dislike it, which is a good thing, at the same time it didn't make me go 'wow'. There was an 80's 90's vibe going on. I dunno.

gnr_zps958a9313.png

Zint

Zint

• SILVER
  • 17,234 posts
  • 24-February 06
A bit sing-songy...I dunno.
I don't really dislike it,but it's not got me wanting to buy the cd either. :shrugs:

2i0u9oh.jpg

tat2d1

tat2d1

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,342 posts
  • 16-October 02
Slash should have Loaded & Adler open up a run of shows in the late summer/early fall. Duff & Steven could join Slash on stage for Paradise City at the end of the night. I bet the tour would sell fairly well.
Check out Pythons By Design on Facebook

The Real McCoy

The Real McCoy

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 5,601 posts
  • 14-February 11
Credit where it's due.

Cool tune.

"I'm the original rock n' roll cliche, Gypsy, pirate, cowboy, You wouldn't last a minute in my boots, 'Cos baby, I'm the Real McCoy" - Hanoi Rocks

IndiannaRose

IndiannaRose

The Ambassador

• SILVER
  • 10,830 posts
  • 01-June 03
That's actually a pretty cool tune. To be honest, I didn't expect much. Like the poster above said, "credit where it's due".

Posted Image

"DON'T ASSAIL THE ROSE OR YOU'LL TASTE THE THORNS"

INDIANNAROSE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users