I would be ok with the European tour being canceled for BBF's sake

GivenToFly

I don't know how serious his situation is, but it does look pretty bad. I for one wouldn't complain if the tour was canceled (I got a ticket for the first London night) to allow Ron to get proper treatment, or at least not to make his condition worse.

I have seen them twice before (2010) so that may influence my view.

How does everybody else feel about this issue?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Health comes first - however I also feel that a temporary replacement shouldn't be out of the question. It's not like most of the songs can't be played with two guitarists well if need be until the replacement is up to speed.

I'm sure if Bumble was clearly not able to tour they wouldnt have booked the tour in the first place. Either that or they'd of found a replacement.

Maybe Bumble enjoys the tour to take his mind of things abit? Either way, No, i dont want the tour to be cancelled, and i dont think theres a reason for it to be.

I'd be pretty pissed off if this happened, considering both my train fair and hotel are non-refundable, meaning I will have pissed £240 down the drain.

The idea of cancelling an entire tour because one of the three, count em... THREE guitarists isn't well is absurd. If Ron has to cancel, then they should make do with two guitarists. Most other rock bands can manage with that. Besiides, it's about time DJ stopped wimping out of some of the more tricky solos.

Edited by Towelie

I'm sure if Bumble was clearly not able to tour they wouldnt have booked the tour in the first place. Either that or they'd of found a replacement.

Maybe Bumble enjoys the tour to take his mind of things abit? Either way, No, i dont want the tour to be cancelled, and i dont think theres a reason for it to be.

These dates are probably booked months in advance, Bumble planned to have the last couple of months free for recovering but things didnt go as planned, like many GNR stuf :rolleyes:

I've seen Buble live 3 times, I would mind seeing Bucket return for a short Euro tour :thumbsup:

Why don't they just get somebody else? It's unlikely he's going to make a full recovery from a spinal injury like that, time for a another lineup change. :shrugs:

fuck u

ha, fuck you

Just being realistic, I know that's looked down upon in this section :rolleyes:

Why don't they just get somebody else? It's unlikely he's going to make a full recovery from a spinal injury like that, time for a another lineup change. :shrugs:

It might be that time. He can record inthe studio with them, but get a replacement for the road. Nothing played in GNR is that mind bogglingly crazy that a competent professional musician couldn't handle it.

This thing is getting kind of old anyway. I feel bad Ron has the problems he does, but if it is too much being in the band he needs to call it a day. Letting everyone know how miserable he is all the time though is getting a little played out.

Ya it's not like any of the fans going to these shows are specifically going to see Bumblefoot. There's two other guitarists that could play his parts or dumb them down at worst. It's not like he's as important as Buckethead or Slash were to their respective line-ups. It's the Axl show now and everyone knows it, if Bumble can't make it invite some other player, some kid, have DJ do it, it doesn't matter at all the crowd won't notice at all.

It's funny that he said he has the money.

Maybe Axl did reach out to Buckethead and he wants nothing to do with GnR.

Beta prob. kept tabs on what's going on though, if this guy is complaining about his ability to play or can't do the show, she prob. wants to know that, in case they have to find someone else. But once he's out, he's out, and he knows it. It's not that easy to leave after the amount of time he's put in.

It's funny that he said he has the money.

Maybe Axl did reach out to Buckethead and he wants nothing to do with GnR.

Beta prob. kept tabs on what's going on though, if this guy is complaining about his ability to play or can't do the show, she prob. wants to know that, in case they have to find someone else. But once he's out, he's out, and he knows it. It's not that easy to leave after the amount of time he's put in.

Bucket wants nothing to do with Guns...

Cancel a tour because BBF can't be there???

pfff .. I could see if it was Slash or Izzy or someone who mattered. But you could replace BBF with just about any swingin dick and you still wouldn't have gnr, regardless

nice, another retard on mygnr

Everyone wishes Bumble well and hope he gets well, but to cancel a tour this near to starting. A lot of people not only buy the gig tickets but they also buy plane tickets and pay for hotels. This money is not refundable so a lot of fans would be left out of pocket and the way things are at the moment money wise for a lot of people I don't think it would be a good idea.

Ya it's not like any of the fans going to these shows are specifically going to see Bumblefoot. There's two other guitarists that could play his parts or dumb them down at worst. It's not like he's as important as Buckethead or Slash were to their respective line-ups. It's the Axl show now and everyone knows it, if Bumble can't make it invite some other player, some kid, have DJ do it, it doesn't matter at all the crowd won't notice at all.

Man, you just know everything about everyone don't ya? :)

Let's be honest, nobody is really going to the shows to see Ron or any of the other guys... people are going to see Axl and Axl alone. 75% of the people in attendance to the shows probably haven't even heard Chinese Democracy let alone know any of the current musicians Axl has employed. I'm sure nobody would bat an eyelid if Ron were to sit the shows out, if they even noticed at all.

I'm not trying to be anti-Ron because I actually do really like him. I just think it would be a poor excuse to cancel a few shows or indeed an entire tour because he's not well. It's not as if the songs can't be played with just 2 guitarists.

But that's my opinion on it anyway, like it or not.