Your university/college experience

GivenToFly

Yeah,

I went to Coulsdon College

hqdefault.jpg

This was my college.

Damn, hooray for tolerance! - your college is ghetto as fuck.

Snake - are you the Mexican dude with the track pants on?

Boo college boooooooo.

Ya, booooo the college that helped you snag a $50,000 job at 20 years old.

Without that college degree you'd be starting off making pizzas or flipping burgers for $8 and hour.

But instead, you are starting off at $25 an hour and making more money than most people twice your age.

Most 20 year olds drive a beater car and live in an apartment with a couple buddies.

You, on the other hand, could buy a new house and drive a new car, and take killer vacations - thanks to the amount of money you make.

But sure.

Boooooo college.

(Hint: the problem wasn't your college, the problem is you).

• Like 1

Judging by the name, that's a sixth form college, not a degree awarding institution.

Rubbish: it offers a BA in ''gangsta' speak'' bro. Just remember, this is where Snakepit gained his education - this is Snakepit's Alma Mater haha.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Yeah,

hqdefault.jpg

This was my college.

Boo college boooooooo.

Without that college degree you'd be starting off making pizzas or flipping burgers for $8 and hour.

But instead, you are starting off at $25 an hour and making more money than most people twice your age.

Most 20 year olds drive a beater car and live in an apartment with a couple buddies.

You, on the other hand, could buy a new house and drive a new car, and take killer vacations - thanks to the amount of money you make.

But sure.

Boooooo college.

Well Groghan, I am actually an idiot.

I am dumb as fuck. I struggle with work everyday. There are HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE more capable of anything over me. But because 'college' gave me a diploma, that entitles me to higher pay?

A degree shouldn't define you. It's a fallacy. College graduates are no more smarter than those who have regular high school diplomas. I actually feel dumber since high school.

It's a scam.

Yeah,

hqdefault.jpg

This was my college.

That's not Ghetto. Haling Manor High School (my secondary school), was Ghetto.

Fights, intimidation, kids getting pregnant, race wars - police would be a regular site at Haling Manor, that's not to mention the stuff that went on outside of school.

Haling Manor was funny though.

This made me smile, a neek is a cross between a nerd and a geek.

rock2.jpg

Taken my senior year.

I digress, Coulsdon College was decent, full of people doing their own thing, that was pretty cool.

There was no race wars at Coulsdon College, no fights, no one getting pregnant; was cool. :)

I remember a lot of people coming up to me from schools I had never even heard of claiming they had beef with my school, in college.

True story, I should have went to college with a lot more people from my secondary school but on day 1, there was this huge fight outside and a lot of my Haling Manor alumni were involved and got kicked out of college and, I had to make all new friends.

Edited by Snake-Pit

my university experience was essential in my development as a person

i grew up an only child in rural Nova Scotia. I needed to be exposed to communal life.

Residence was one thing - but the real lessons came when i lived with 9 guys in a house.

i learned more in those walls than i learned in any university classroom. I learned how to co-exist with peers. Essential life lessons. I've used my degree in my professional career but those inter-personal lessons have proved to be far more valuable. As many would expect - the lessens learned outside the classroom are worth just as much $ as those learned inside the classrooms.

It's been so long since I attended college, 2003 actually! My experience was pretty good. Met and made many friends but found that most of the students in my classes were immature and most

were not serious about their studies.

I may go back next year to focus on film/media since the movie business is booming in Atlanta-the Hollywood of the south...

It's been quite exciting here!

I wanted to focus on film originally but my parents were against anything in the entertainment industry and steered me away from it for some reason.

There are more jobs than acting or being a singer you know....

We'll see what happens-I'm sending off headshots for local casting calls since we have so many movies filming around here. Exciting indeed!

I get e-mail alerts for casting calls with the casting directors E-mail and directions on what they are looking for.

Wish me luck!

Edited by Sheri_Rose

Yeah,

hqdefault.jpg

This was my college.

Boo college boooooooo.

But sure.

Boooooo college.

Well Groghan, I am actually an idiot.

I am dumb as fuck. I struggle with work everyday. There are HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE more capable of anything over me. But because 'college' gave me a diploma, that entitles me to higher pay?

A degree shouldn't define you. It's a fallacy. College graduates are no more smarter than those who have regular high school diplomas. I actually feel dumber since high school.

It's a scam.

Except..........none of that is actually true.

You aren't an idiot and you aren't dumb as f*ck. You are a smart kid. When you are whining about how terrible your life is, you are enjoyable to chat with.

The only thing I'd say that you do that is really "dumb" or "idiotic" is that you choose to self medicate your depression issues with drugs and alcohol instead of going to a professional. It's going to be extremely difficult for you to ever get better until you are willing to make that big step.

People get annoyed with you because of your attitude, not your intelligence level. You've got loving parents who support you. A college degree. Your physical health. And now a college degree that affords you a job that pays you more than probably 99% of people your age make. The entire world is at your finger tips.........but instead, you just want to whine and cry about how bad you have it.

Talk to the 20 year old kid who lives in a van because his parents were abusive, and he works at Subway for $8 an hour because he doesn't have a high school degree, as he had to drop out at 16 years old so he could get a job to FEED himself. And he can't get a gf because he was unfortunately born with bad genes and is an ugly mofo. Tell that guy how BAD your life is.

Who said your college degree defined who you are as a person? I work in a completely different field of work than what I went to college for. In terms of defining one's self, a college degree doesn't even make the top 50 list for most people.

And guess what? You are 20 years old, there should be thousands of other people who can do your job better than you. There are hundreds of thousands of people who can do ALL our jobs and activities better than we can. None of us are Michael Jordan or bill gates. WHO CARES if people can do things better than you can? There are hundreds of thousands of people who can do everything better than I can. Who cares?

And academically, of course a college graduate is going to be smarter than a high school graduate. (Yes, you could pick out one college graduate and compare them to some genius high school student.....but in GENERAL) Simply because you were introduced to new knowledge.

If you aren't smarter NOW than you were four years ago, that isn't the fault of the college. That's 100% on YOU. That's a choice you made.

Life isn't a scam. The world doesn't suck. Everything is what we all choose to make of it.

Your choices are clouded because of your depression and anger struggles.

The world is literally at your finger tips......you've got advantages that most people your age don't. Get some help, man. And a year from now you could be living a life that the rest of us dream about.

A 21-year-old dude making 55,000 a year, owns his own house with a pool, has a nice new car, taking vacations to Mexico, college degree, decent looking, with a gf who looks like Mila Kunis. Doesn't that sound more appealing than whining and crying constantly about how ba dyour life is.

• Like 1

Let's talk about that video of Pit's. Those are some dance steps there. I am not sure what they are doing exactly but they are good (I am sure they would 'pop a cap in my ass' if I offer dissent so I am not going to question their rather strange gyrations.) Nota bene the big white geek in the left corner (0.44) - surely the most out of place person, ever in fact?

I bet this is a good college to attend if you are a white chap who happens to be into the, ebony - the dusky - lady. De Nero and Boris Becker would be in their element in fact! But then you are constantly under the knowledge that you have the smallest penis in the place until a Chinese fellow joins, it is going to be a hard two or three years (no pun intended).

Yeah,

hqdefault.jpg

This was my college.

That's not Ghetto. Haling Manor High School (my secondary school), was Ghetto.

Fights, intimidation, kids getting pregnant, race wars - police would be a regular site at Haling Manor, that's not to mention the stuff that went on outside of school.

Haling Manor was funny though.

This made me smile, a neek is a cross between a nerd and a geek.

rock2.jpg

Taken my senior year.

I digress, Coulsdon College was decent, full of people doing their own thing, that was pretty cool.

There was no race wars at Coulsdon College, no fights, no one getting pregnant; was cool. :)

I remember a lot of people coming up to me from schools I had never even heard of claiming they had beef with my school, in college.

True story, I should have went to college with a lot more people from my secondary school but on day 1, there was this huge fight outside and a lot of my Haling Manor alumni were involved and got kicked out of college and, I had to make all new friends.

Snake you're the greatest

I would of loved to pull out some white guy moves at Coulsdon College

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Uni sucked ass. Worst four years of my life.

Now I have a meaningless degree and unemployed.

I regret not drinking more and banging more chicks. I would have done stuff differently.

Uni is such a joke. It is theft. Uni gets you nowhere in life except homeless.

Yeah but you're only unemployed cuz u left the lucrative job you had because it wasn't fulfilling your special boy needs internally, thats not the degrees fault, thats you being a cunt :lol: It got you literally a shitload of money, it's not the degrees fault you're work-shy. Seriously, what is your idea of a good job, working a lathe for 120,000 a year, sorry but it ain't gonna happen...and even then you'd probably moan like a bitch cuz you got blisters or something.

Uni sucked ass. Worst four years of my life.

Now I have a meaningless degree and unemployed.

I regret not drinking more and banging more chicks. I would have done stuff differently.

Uni is such a joke. It is theft. Uni gets you nowhere in life except homeless.

You had a great job and you were too lazy to do it so you got fired. :facepalm:

I lost my virginity the morning of my last exam, and flew off to America the very next Monday and reflected upon that week from a balcony in Pennsylvania, 20 minutes north of Philadelphia.

Edited by Snake-Pit