Apocalyptic Love

DeadSlash

Pick for the best song from those that've heard it?

Anastasia and We Will Roam.

Ditto.

They are basically the only ones that would make it to the last album. The other ones wouldn't make the cut.

except Far and Away, Not For me, One Last Thrill, Shots Fired...

Nope. Far and Away is just bad. Not for me is kinda cool, it's like two steps behind the other two I mentioned. Others are mediocre at best. :-/

It's sad, 'cause I'm a huge Slash fan. But this is pretty weak. There isn't one memorable solo on the whole album. Anastasia outro the only one barely reaching that territory.

Nope. Far and Away is just bad. Not for me is kinda cool, it's like two steps behind the other two I mentioned. Others are mediocre at best. :-/

That's not the case, not for these tunes. There's more going on there than the first impression suggests.

Just listened to Apoc. Love, Halo, and One Last Thrill. Good stuff, but I immediately notice it's the same song structure for all. Riff. Verse. Chorus. Verse. Chorus. Breakdown/Bridge(whatever you call it). Solo. Chorus. Very formatic. I'm sure I'll like the entire album, but it's one of the reason I like Nu-Guns a little bit more than Slash. Axl is doing stuff different, whereas Slash is sticking with what he knows works, not taking a chance.

Just listened to Apoc. Love, Halo, and One Last Thrill. Good stuff, but I immediately notice it's the same song structure for all. Riff. Verse. Chorus. Verse. Chorus. Breakdown/Bridge(whatever you call it). Solo. Chorus. Very formatic. I'm sure I'll like the entire album, but it's one of the reason I like Nu-Guns a little bit more than Slash. Axl is doing stuff different, whereas Slash is sticking with what he knows works, not taking a chance.

+ 1000 :thumbsup: You nailed it.

for me there's just a lack of songs, there awesome guitar parts and solos but it's hard to really find a song. But the looseness Slash has on it is great. There's no big deep meanings it just a bunch of riffs and solos. In some ways when Myles tries to sing about something it sounds worse cos the music is so don't give a shit. it should be all songs about drinking and strippers.

for me there's just a lack of songs, there awesome guitar parts and solos but it's hard to really find a song. But the looseness Slash has on it is great. There's no big deep meanings it just a bunch of riffs and solos. In some ways when Myles tries to sing about something it sounds worse cos the music is so don't give a shit. it should be all songs about drinking and strippers.

It's a good point, I like the album, but there isn't a track I like to skip to or for that matter skip over. It's just solid.

I feel out of touch because I really like Standing in the Sun and not one person mentioned it! Maybe it's because I dated a girl for almost four years that that song could have been written for. *Shrugs*

I was dissapointed by the lack of ballads... "I was all like, oh here we go!!!" when Anastasia started and then all of a sudden it was a rocking.

One Last Thrill = VR v2.0?

Anyone?

Edited by DeadSlash

That's what I thought this seems like a stepping stone for Myles join VR.

Far and Away is pretty good ballad but it's like they couldn't be arsed.

Anastasia didn't really have the dynamics that I thought it would.

There's parts where vocals sound like Plant or Cornel, loads guitar parts.

No More Heroes might be good live.

I was dissapointed by the lack of ballads... "I was all like, oh here we go!!!" when Anastasia started and then all of a sudden it was a rocking.

Anyone?

Not for Me...

One of the 3 really good songs on the album.

The rest is VERY generic and boring, sadly.

Standing in the sun is kinda cool, but Myles really kinda sucks on it.