Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Apocalyptic Love

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

lol_Dave_Kushner

lol_Dave_Kushner

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • 17-February 12
Listen to the whole album 3 times. Still can't like any of those songs. There are worse, but these ones are nothing special.
Posted Image
I'm here to exercise my constitutional right to humiliate losers and crush their dreams.

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,568 posts
  • 03-April 03
the more I hear it, the more that's not the case.

“To the ones who are negative and want to see either myself or the new band fall on their faces, personally I can’t pass up an opportunity to upset so many of them in one quick swoop. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it."

lol_Dave_Kushner

lol_Dave_Kushner

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • 17-February 12
Completely the opposite for me. :-/
Posted Image
I'm here to exercise my constitutional right to humiliate losers and crush their dreams.

WhazUp

WhazUp

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,621 posts
  • 29-February 08
Carolina is a cool funky tune, loving the talkbox

wasted

wasted

Freedom Fighter

• Members
  • 37,156 posts
  • 31-March 04
Bad Rain is a fun track. I like Slash guitar, the vocals are like Jack white. Lyrics are a bit unconvincing but there's some awesome parts.

Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Soul Monster, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song, Zodiac - Here comes the rain, here she comes again!

packersnroses

packersnroses

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • 16-February 11
Just listened to Apoc. Love, Halo, and One Last Thrill. Good stuff, but I immediately notice it's the same song structure for all. Riff. Verse. Chorus. Verse. Chorus. Breakdown/Bridge(whatever you call it). Solo. Chorus. Very formatic. I'm sure I'll like the entire album, but it's one of the reason I like Nu-Guns a little bit more than Slash. Axl is doing stuff different, whereas Slash is sticking with what he knows works, not taking a chance.
And when you're in need of someone, My heart won't deny you. So many seem so lonely

With no one left to cry to baby.

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,388 posts
  • 23-December 10

Just listened to Apoc. Love, Halo, and One Last Thrill. Good stuff, but I immediately notice it's the same song structure for all. Riff. Verse. Chorus. Verse. Chorus. Breakdown/Bridge(whatever you call it). Solo. Chorus. Very formatic. I'm sure I'll like the entire album, but it's one of the reason I like Nu-Guns a little bit more than Slash. Axl is doing stuff different, whereas Slash is sticking with what he knows works, not taking a chance.

+ 1000 :thumbsup: You nailed it.

I'M HALF THE MAN I USED TO BE  25jhz46.gif THIS I FEEL AS THE DAWN IT FADES TO GRAY

wasted

wasted

Freedom Fighter

• Members
  • 37,156 posts
  • 31-March 04
for me there's just a lack of songs, there awesome guitar parts and solos but it's hard to really find a song. But the looseness Slash has on it is great. There's no big deep meanings it just a bunch of riffs and solos. In some ways when Myles tries to sing about something it sounds worse cos the music is so don't give a shit. it should be all songs about drinking and strippers.

Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Soul Monster, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song, Zodiac - Here comes the rain, here she comes again!

DeadSlash

DeadSlash

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • 13-March 06

for me there's just a lack of songs, there awesome guitar parts and solos but it's hard to really find a song. But the looseness Slash has on it is great. There's no big deep meanings it just a bunch of riffs and solos. In some ways when Myles tries to sing about something it sounds worse cos the music is so don't give a shit. it should be all songs about drinking and strippers.

It's a good point, I like the album, but there isn't a track I like to skip to or for that matter skip over. It's just solid.

I feel out of touch because I really like Standing in the Sun and not one person mentioned it! Maybe it's because I dated a girl for almost four years that that song could have been written for. *Shrugs*

I was dissapointed by the lack of ballads... "I was all like, oh here we go!!!" when Anastasia started and then all of a sudden it was a rocking.

One Last Thrill = VR v2.0?

Anyone?

Edited by DeadSlash, 19 May 2012 - 04:08 AM.

For the love of all that is holy, DeadSlash is not negative in any way toward Slash.  It is a handle I used when the band was still together.  It's a reference to the skull with a top hat design from the Illusions albums. I like Slash and Axl.

wasted

wasted

Freedom Fighter

• Members
  • 37,156 posts
  • 31-March 04
That's what I thought this seems like a stepping stone for Myles join VR.

Far and Away is pretty good ballad but it's like they couldn't be arsed.

Anastasia didn't really have the dynamics that I thought it would.

There's parts where vocals sound like Plant or Cornel, loads guitar parts.

No More Heroes might be good live.

lol_Dave_Kushner

lol_Dave_Kushner

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • 17-February 12

I was dissapointed by the lack of ballads... "I was all like, oh here we go!!!" when Anastasia started and then all of a sudden it was a rocking.

Anyone?

Not for Me...
One of the 3 really good songs on the album.

The rest is VERY generic and boring, sadly.

Standing in the sun is kinda cool, but Myles really kinda sucks on it.
Posted Image

Kid A

Kid A

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • 04-November 11
What a bad record

'It's good to have you with us, even if it's just for today.'
|November 15th 2011, Rosemont Illinois|

Monty

Monty

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts
  • 17-July 04
Need to check this out, I enjoyed the 1st album. Really liked all the different styles and artists he was working with...hope that 'magic' isn't lost :unsure:

The Post cornered him and asked how late he generally stays out. Rose just smirked. ďAs long as it takes".

***Member formerly known as BLSMonty***

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users