When did Axl start wearing the kilt?

nonlinear

In the early 1990s, one of Axl's iconic clothing pieces was the kilt, but I'm pretty sure he "borrowed" the look from Mike Patton. I know Axl wore the kilt during the UYI tour, but does anyone know the exact year and time he started wearing it? Mike Patton can be seen wearing a kilt in the Faith No More video for "Falling to Pieces," which was released in 1990 - a year before Axl started wearing it in 1991.

look around 0:25

This would not be surprising, as we know Axl copied his early look from Mike Monroe... and the snake dance was copied from Richard Black.

In the early 1990s, one of Axl's iconic clothing pieces was the kilt, but I'm pretty sure he "borrowed" the look from Mike Patton. I know Axl wore the kilt during the UYI tour, but does anyone know the exact year and time he started wearing it? Mike Patton can be seen wearing a kilt in the Faith No More video for "Falling to Pieces," which was released in 1990 - a year before Axl started wearing it in 1991.

This would not be surprising, as we know Axl copied his early look from Mike Monroe... and the snake dance was copied from Richard Black.

So you mean to tell me Axl watched through twenty five seconds of this horrible song and said "Yea that's me."?

Edited by iftheworld

He's quite proud of having Scottish roots (god, I do sound like a bit of a poster-boy for my own country here)... He's said that the chorus for Paradise City was inspired by some kind of Celtic vibe, and when he was in Glasgow in '06 he said "You guys are fucking amazing, being I am Scottish and all y'know." So, that's probably where it came from...

^^I agree, I love FNM! mr. bungle is awesome too. and mike patton, in general. i once paid like $30 to watch him get on stage with RZA in hollywood and basically just make a bunch of really weird sounds with his mouth for like 2 hours. :rofl-lol:

I was oblivious to the Richard Black thing, but upon watching this clip, it does become rather obvious...

Not a bad tune really either, may have to look into this... rock3

When we have idols or people we admire for some reason we tend to imitate or copy something from them. I don´t know if Axl copied those guys or if it was just a mere coincidence but I don´t see that as something bad.

So you mean to tell me Axl watched through twenty five seconds of this horrible song and said "Yea that's me."?

Horrible song? This was a fuckin hit!