Ricky Nelson

Guest deleted_19765

Guest deleted_19765

As far as I'm concerned, Ricky Nelson is a Rock and Roll legend. Sure, he was Hollywood. But he did it as good as anyone and in his own style.

Just a few from Ricky there.

"He sang his songs calm and steady, like he was in the middle of a storm, men hurling past him. His voice was sort of mysterious and made you fall into a certain mood."

-Bob Dylan

Filled the void between Elvis and the Beatles, you could say him singing on Ozzie and Harriet were the music videos of the day, a lot of guitarists learned how to play along to his singles and learned the name James Burton. You kind of have to mention Burton & Nelson together. Somewhat overlooked in rock history, but undeniably important.

Edited by dalsh327

he was good in deep purple

was he in deep purple? :thumbsup:

"Duane Eddy used to be my favorite. I also got into James Burton and Scotty Moore. Big Jim Sullivan was a big influence." - Ritchie Blackmore

Favorite Guitar Solos: "Believe What You Say" - Ricky Nelson with James Burton on guitar (from Blackmores Night website)