Do you think when Fortus spoke about the record coming out in the fall, he meant the remix?

SMG

Personally, although I do like the sound of Blood in the Water, a remix album would bury Axl. Better Gone was an awful attempt, and I'm not sure many people would put up with it.

It just seems like the only album that would have a chance coming out so soon would be the heavily rumoured "Remix" one.

What do you think?

IMO a remix album would be cool/ fine if Axl had/ has been releasing music all these years... right now you have an older fan base thats a little PO'd about the HOF stuff and you have the newer fan base starving for new music... I personally do not see how a remix does anything for either fan base.

It just seems like the only album that would have a chance coming out so soon would be the heavily rumoured "Remix" one.

What do you think?

IMO a remix album would be cool/ fine if Axl had/ has been releasing music all these years... right now you have an older fan base thats a little PO'd about the HOF stuff and you have the newer fan base starving for new music... I personally do not see how a remix does anything for either fan base.

Indeed

Fortus probably (and HOPEFULLY) meant new shit

I think a simple remix album would be a terrible business decision. It wouldnt do much for the fans either.

If it was bundled in some sort of deluxe edtition with unreleased stuff however, maybe we could see something.

At this point CD2 being released "this fall" seems very unlikely. The Plot thickens.

Time will tell.

CD + Remix + Leftovers fanpack to get 'em ready for a 100% new line-up album would be sweet.

I think that does look like the plan.

But how much longer will we have to wait to get our hands on a fresh new album?

What do you think?

First off, he didn't say a new record was coming out, but that they are working for that aim with more recording being done after the European tour.

As to your question, no, I don't think they need recording for a remix album; any new recording being done is for an album with new music.

CD + Remix + Leftovers fanpack to get 'em ready for a 100% new line-up album would be sweet.

How does that look like the plan though? Have there been any hints at all other than Better Gone and this supposed new 'leak'?

How does that look like the plan though? Have there been any hints at all other than Better Gone and this supposed new 'leak'?

Before either songs were released, a Russian magazine spoke of Axl sorting out title tracks to a remix album.

Better Gone is clearly a fake, done by a fan playing with the multi-tracks. It sounds terrible and just isn't something they would put out

Now this new one, while it still may be fake, sounds very cool and could be some sort of remix for TWAT or Prostitute, for example.

But a remix of TWAT and Prostitute with brand new lyrics? Doesn't make sense to me...

The talk of the remix album has been mentioned by Brain for years now. It's entirely possible Axl could've laid down some additional vocals for that project at some point in the past 4 years.

It's just about the only logical explanation. Because the vocals are either Axl or an amazing impersonator. And the song clearly contains elements of Prostitute/TWAT's instrumentals. Either that or "someone" got a hold of a vocal track for an unreleased song and remixed it using the CD multi tracks, which doesn't seem realistic.

Edited by shotgunblues1978

The talk of the remix album has been mentioned by Brain for years now. It's entirely possible Axl could've laid down some additional vocals for that project at some point in the past 4 years.

It's just about the only logical explanation. Because the vocals are either Axl or an amazing impersonator. And the song clearly contains elements of Prostitute/TWAT's instrumentals. Either that or "someone" got a hold of a vocal track for an unreleased song and remixed it using the CD multi tracks, which doesn't seem realistic.

Valid points actually. I can't really see it as a new Guns song for some reason. It also has the same hip hop vibe that Better Gone(which I think was legit) had.

What do you think?

Indeed

Fortus probably (and HOPEFULLY) meant new shit

+1 :thumbsup:

I'm sorry, I always try to be a "glass is half full" type of person in most everything I do but when it comes to GnR, it has become very difficult. Until we see an album on an official release schedule, what makes anyone think new material is coming "soon"? Just because recording has happened, does anyone think Axl won't tinker with it for, possibly, years to come?

If they can keep touring with the same material year after year and people keep showing up, what's the hurry?