What was the song title hoarded by Madison?

rjo333

I remember reading her tell us Axl told her a song title, but she wouldn't reveal what it was.

I think I recall her saying it was one word, ended in a vowel and an 'everyday' word.

Am I right or am I mistaken?

Was it ever revealed?

Wasn't it Scraped? Her hint was "a 7-letter word starting with s".

I remember this because she also claimed it was going to be a single and I recall being mildly disappointed when we finally got to hear the song.

Scraped... like Madison was scraped right off this board! :devil: :devil:

I thought it was Better. Meh, it's one of the CD tracks anyway, why bother saying she's heard stuff without telling.

Bragging rights. She ran this place like it was Nazi Germany. I'm glad she is gone.

I always had my doubts. I think she just wanted to convince people that she had some "insider" info, that she knew something that none of the rest of us did.

While madison could kinda make ya scratch your head at times wondering" WTF?!, are you for real??", she also has a very kind & caring side to her too. She's really not as evil as some people have made her out to be....

Who the fuck is Madison?

Lol

"Lol" is right...I've been here long enough to cringe whenever this story has to be re-hashed for newer members. What a shitshow, haha.

yeah every time this comes up its an almost here we go again vibe lol

Wasn't it Scraped? Her hint was "a 7-letter word starting with s".

I remember this because she also claimed it was going to be a single and I recall being mildly disappointed when we finally got to hear the song.

Scraped... like Madison was scraped right off this board! :devil: :devil:

She was full of shit. She claimed to had this inside info after the MSG 2002 backstage.. Back then, as far as we know, Axl didn't even considered any of the songs played live as singles, even though they released Chinese in 2008 as the 1st one.

Its highly unlikely that he would tell her anything about that and even if he did, she acted like an idiot by not saying anything - as if Axl would trust her this inside info just because she was a mod here. Pretty obvious that she didn't have anything. :rolleyes:

BTW, even if it was true, it wouldn't be Scraped as the song was originally called Lies They Tell, as showed up on ASCAP short before the album release in 2008.

It is possible Axl told her a song title at the time. Who really knows. Things changed so much in 2002 from what was originally planned, and we still have no idea what really happened.

Based on the suggestion of a one-word title ending with a vowel, my guess was 'Americana' at the time. Could be anything, someone should ask her if she's still posting somewhere.

All the songs have working titles, they change month to month / year to year. Whatever the title was has probably changed

Leaving this thread open leaves Madison open to abuse, which is not fair years after she has quit the forum, regardless of what people think about her.

Scraped feels like a working title they never dropped...I like Lies They Tell.

Scraped is a strange title.

Its like scraping through in times of struggle or the battles in life leaving you with scrapes and bruises. Or life itself being one big scrape. I wish Axl would say what he was thinking of when he chose that title.