Leaks -Decision from the mod team

Montrealer

Can we at least discuss it? I mean there is no harm in talking about it, there is nothing else really going on right now. I was liking the extra life it breathed into the forum...

This

I make a thread for my found about this leak, not contains links for the song, i hope mods aren't deleted this either.

problem is if a person wants to be a cupcake slaps a link to the clip and keeps doing it, the thread gets deleted.

That can and will happen, so to solve this we will suspend the account of the person instead and delete the post :thumbsup:

I think Montrealer is trying to allow discussion but not links to real, fake or otherwise unreleased music. I think it is a fair choice by allowing discussion but not allowing links

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we at least discuss it? I mean there is no harm in talking about it, there is nothing else really going on right now. I was liking the extra life it breathed into the forum...

This

I make a thread for my found about this leak, not contains links for the song, i hope mods aren't deleted this either.

problem is if a person wants to be a cupcake slaps a link to the clip and keeps doing it, the thread gets deleted.

That can and will happen, so to solve this we will suspend the account of the person instead and delete the post :thumbsup:

I think Montrealer is trying to allow discussion but not links to real, fake or otherwise unreleased music. I think it is a fair choice by allowing discussion but not allowing links

Exactly, that other thread would have take way too long to clean. If you see a link, just report it.

I am not a member at many other boards, but do other bands forums seem to have the large numbers of fake wannabe insiders the GNR's boards seem to be stricken with? It is just bizarre to me the amount of fake insiders we deal with around here.

I am not a member at many other boards, but do other bands forums seem to have the large numbers of fake wannabe insiders the GNR's boards seem to be stricken with? It is just bizarre to me the amount of fake insiders we deal with around here.

I imagine it's because most other bands are not shrouded in so much mystery and the fans are kept regularly informed that there is not so much needed for 'insiders'

I imagine it's because most other bands are not shrouded in so much mystery and the fans are kept regularly informed that there is not so much needed for 'insiders'

Exactly

THIS!

What we need is one real insider. Who can prove it in some way and provide real information.

What we need is one real insider. Who can prove it in some way and provide real information.

Or axl to take 5 minutes of his time just to provide us a little info?

-We have/haven't been in the studio yet. The plan is to finish off recording, and release an album this year/next year/in the foreseeable future?

Come on, it doesn't take much just to throw us a bone once in a while.

Or axl to take 5 minutes of his time just to provide us a little info?

-We have/haven't been in the studio yet. The plan is to finish off recording, and release an album this year/next year/in the foreseeable future?

Come on, it doesn't take much just to throw us a bone once in a while.

You have to know what you're doing to be able to tell people about it.

Folks, this is being done to keep traffic down so the board doesn't go offline again.

Leaks spur traffic, and on this board increased traffic leads to downtime when you have a board owner who can't afford it but won't sell it to someone who can.

Like everything else having to do with GNR it is ass backwards. I guess it is fitting the message forum shouldn't be any different.

Ummm ... did you know this forum is kept running in large part by the advertising? And do you know what drives that same advertising? I'll give you a hint, it starts with a TR and ends with an IC B)

Furthermore in case anybody didn't notice, when the website came back up a few weeks ago it no longer was necessary to sign in if you want to read the boards. Anybody can read the boards now, not just members. They wouldn't allow non-members to visit the boards if they wanted to keep the traffic down :crazy:

BTW - The mods here allow a LOT more than most forums, I belong to other non-GNR music forums where they do not allow any audio or video links of the artist. I think we should be grateful that we can come here and view so many great videos of GNR, especially concert footage that many sites dedicated to other artists would never allow.

I disagree with your decision. A lock would be better... or delete the links.

Sorry, I don't have the time to read 52 pages and delete and the links and then lock it! O_o

I'm happy for you if you do tho!

Of course you can. Just don't post to leaks, fakes or real ones.

Thank you,most appreciated :)

Hey all, I just deleted the thread where a possible leaks was posted. At this point, it's not confirmed as legit. This was not a request by GN'R or anyone from GN'R camp.

We had problems in the past when leaks were posted on this board and we don't want to have that kind of problem again.

Anyone posting a link to a leaks, real of fake will be automatically suspended for 7 days.

Thank you for your cooperation

Thank YOU!

looks like uzisuicidalllc pulled some previous leaks off youtube back in 2009(?). who is uzisuicidalllc???

They're like the men in black. Nobody lays claim to them, but for some reason they get to go around fucking up everybody's fun.

rofl-lol.gif

Hey all, I just deleted the thread where a possible leaks was posted. At this point, it's not confirmed as legit. This was not a request by GN'R or anyone from GN'R camp.

We had problems in the past when leaks were posted on this board and we don't want to have that kind of problem again.

Anyone posting a link to a leaks, real of fake will be automatically suspended for 7 days.

Thank you for your cooperation

Thank YOU!

looks like uzisuicidalllc pulled some previous leaks off youtube back in 2009(?). who is uzisuicidalllc???

They're like the men in black. Nobody lays claim to them, but for some reason they get to go around fucking up everybody's fun.

rofl-lol.gif

It ceases to be "fun" when you appropriate intellectual property and post it without the owner's/artist's permission.

Copyrights exist for a reason.

Good Call mod team :thumbsup: