Leaks -Decision from the mod team

Montrealer

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to share this notification from my Mediafire account.

________

Dear MediaFire User:

MediaFire has received notification under the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") that your usage of a file is allegedly infringing on the file creator's copyright protection. The file named bloodinthewater.mp3 is identified by the key (522n6iy6fmk56m7). As a result of this notice, pursuant to Section 512©(1)© of the DMCA, we have suspended access to the file.

The reason for suspension was:

BDM user "billy" says: Copyright Proprietor: Axl Rose p/k/a "Guns N' Roses" Relevant MediaFire URL/Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?522n6iy6fmk56m7 (the "Link"). To Whom It May Concern: This law firm represents Axl Rose professionally known as "Guns N' Roses" (the "Artist"). MediaFire is hereby advised of the following: (1) Artist is the exclusive, worldwide owner and proprietor of the sound recording entitled "Blood in the Water" (the "Recording") available for download via the Link, including, without limitation, all copyrights therein and thereto; (2) no person other than Artist has any right(s) to make the first distribution of the Recording or to otherwise reproduce, transmit, distribute and/or otherwise exploit the Recording; and (3) Artist has not authorized any person or MediaFire to reproduce, transmit, distribute or otherwise exploit the Recording available via the Link. Accordingly, MediaFire is hereby advised that the reproduction, transmission, distribution and any other exploitation of the Recording via the Link, MediaFire's services and/or otherwise is unauthorized and constitute violations of the Artist's rights under copyright and other applicable law. On behalf our client, we hereby demand (1) that MediaFire immediately disable the Link and make the Link and Recording unavailable via its services; (2) that MediaFire immediately cease and desist from reproducing, transmitting, distributing or otherwise exploiting the Recording via the Link, its services and/or otherwise; (3) that MediaFire immediately destroy all copies of the Recording it may have in its possession and/or available on its servers and provide the undersigned with a certificate and/or affidavit attesting to such destruction by MediaFire; (4) that MediaFire provide the undersigned with all information pertaining to the individual(s) that posted the Recording to MediaFire and its services; and (5) that MediaFire contact the undersigned at this office to discuss any further action necessary to resolve this matter. If MediaFire fails to comply with these demands, then our office will be forced to pursue any and all appropriate legal action against MediaFire in connection with the aforementioned activities. MediaFire's prompt cooperation and reply is anticipated. Be advised that the foregoing statements are accurate to the best of our knowledge, under penalty of perjury; and that this office is fully authorized to act on behalf of Artist. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be construed as an admission of any fact, nor a waiver of any rights, claims or remedies which the Artist has asserted or may assert in the future, in connection with these matters or any other matter; and all such rights, claims and remedies are hereby expressly reserved. Sincerely, David Ferreria, Esq. Mark Music & Media Law, P.C. Email david@markmml.com -------------------------------------- Beverly Hills: 120 S. El Camino Drive, Suite 104, Beverly Hills, CA 90212, Direct Tel. 310.818.7244, Cell 310.849.2322, Google Voice 310.574.2984 / New York: 9 St. Marks Place, Suite 1, New York, NY 10003, Tel. 310.818.7240, Fax. 310.818.7249. / www.markmml.com / THE CONTENTS OF THIS E-MAIL AND ANY ATTACHMENTS ARE PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination and/or copying of this e-mail, any attachments and/or its contents is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact me and destroy all copies of the original e-mail, its contents and attachments. NTF: -----------------------

Information about the party that filed the report:

Company Name: Mark Music & Media Law, P.C.

Contact Address:

Contact Name: David Ferreria, Esq.

Contact Phone:

Contact Email: david@markmml.com

Copyright infringement violates MediaFire's Terms of Service. MediaFire accounts that experience multiple incidents of alleged copyright infringement without viable counterclaims may be terminated.

Thanks for the info, but I dont think you're allowed to post the message content online.

Haha, he gets in trouble for uploading copyright content then he gets in trouble again for posting a message about him uploading copyright content.

^is there any way that you can claim copyright infingment on Mediafire but not have anything to do with it like that Uzi Suicidal guy on youtube?

I don't see why a person would want to copyright a 40 second clip of a supposed leak of a GN'R song just for shits and giggles.

^is there any way that you can claim copyright infingment on Mediafire but not have anything to do with it like that Uzi Suicidal guy on youtube?

I don't see why a person would want to copyright a 40 second clip of a supposed leak of a GN'R song just for shits and giggles.

Not neccesarily actually copyrighting it but at least making it seem like you have. I mean like I said the Uzi Suicidal person is assumed to not be legit but yet he gets a lot of stuff taken down on youtube. Why they would do it is beyond me though

Thanks for the info, but I dont think you're allowed to post the message content online.

Haha, he gets in trouble for uploading copyright content then he gets in trouble again for posting a message about him uploading copyright content.

Being honest, I couldn't care less. I just wanted to share the message since it had some "Axl Rose" and "Guns N' Roses" words on it. I haven't even read it lol.

To those guys at copyright infringement: COME AT ME BRO.

Being honest, I couldn't care less. I just wanted to share the message since it had some "Axl Rose" and "Guns N' Roses" words on it. I haven't even read it lol.

To those guys at copyright infringement: COME AT ME BRO.

Well, ok then. :shrugs:

I'm not sure. I was wondering about that myself.

Well, the guy who claimed copyrights on Mediafire, David Ferreria, does exist here: http://www.markmml.com/attorneys.htm

Not neccesarily actually copyrighting it but at least making it seem like you have. I mean like I said the Uzi Suicidal person is assumed to not be legit but yet he gets a lot of stuff taken down on youtube. Why they would do it is beyond me though

B-cuz it's legit :rolleyes:

So much 4 "no discussing" chit

Edited by sailaway

B-cuz it's legit :rolleyes:

So much 4 "no discussing" chit

Do you know in which state the LLC is registered? I have searched through a few states but found nothing so I have a growing suspicion Uzisuicidal is just a crazy fan who thinks he/she acts on behalf of the band and are exploiting bad complaint procedures at Youtube to do it. From Youtube's perspective it is much safer to remove a few videos extra than a few videos too few, and if their decisions are challenged then it is easy for them to retrieve the videos and make them available again.

Yesterday I got similar emails of copyright claims from Soundcloud too. It didn't say WHO claimed, though. The first one only said that:

Hi Bruno Do Amaral,

Our automatic content protection system has detected that your upload "Bloodinthewater MOD" may contain content that is copyrighted.

As a result, we have paused the upload of your audio for the time being.

If you are the original creator of the audio in all its parts, or have obtained all necessary licenses and permissions to upload and share this content, please contact us using the form below.

Maybe after the first claim to p2loc, the sound was logged into the automatic system. All I had was a version without the vocals and without the instrumental merged.