Leaks -Decision from the mod team

Montrealer

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It ceases to be "fun" when you appropriate intellectual property and post it without the owner's/artist's permission.

Copyrights exist for a reason.

Good Call mod team :thumbsup:

Truly. I fully support the rights of anyone protecting their intellectual property. That being said, Smooth's comparison of uzisuicidalllc to MIB was too good to not have a laugh at tongue2.gif.

Edited by The Archer

Can we at least discuss it? I mean there is no harm in talking about it, there is nothing else really going on right now. I was liking the extra life it breathed into the forum...

This

I make a thread for my found about this leak, not contains links for the song, i hope mods aren't deleted this either.

problem is if a person wants to be a cupcake slaps a link to the clip and keeps doing it, the thread gets deleted.

That can and will happen, so to solve this we will suspend the account of the person instead and delete the post :thumbsup:

we..you're not even a mod :lol:

I whole-heatedly agree with the mods about leaks. Personally would rather hear new material from guns themselves - whether live or on CD2 !!!

And we don't want montrealer & Eric to get anymore nasty letters from axl's lawyers. Haha

We all agree that it sucks when music is leaked.

But GnR could help themselves by releasing music more often than one album every 15 years, and by not being so secretive about their music. Then there wouldn't be such a feeding frenzy when there are leaks.

Guest gunns5

I just saw on my local news update on tv, that blood in the water had all the school children dancing frantically in the school corridors,

I'll post a clip in the coming days

Guys, no clue if this has been posted or if anyone's seen it, but i just noticed the description of the video on YouTube now says this:

Hi there MyGNR & GNFNR.com!

You guys were trolled by UcudBmine, who needs BBA or lolcano?

Thanks a lot for the laughs, and ehhh.. I have no idea where this track came from and the Axl vocals are most definitely not pasted together, they're real.

/cupcake out

Oh, and I have no idea who that UMG Rep guy on the forums is.

Edited by OJones90

Back in the day, when the original leaks happened. It was only part of songs as known as parts of what we now call multi-tracks. Several layers were appropriately pieced together and made into what they were intended for as demo quality songs. Some of these leaked via trading. The singing you hear is Axl but it isnt the right music behind it. I believe that this was done on purpose to avoid any legal issues of actually leaking a song.

Back in the day, when the original leaks happened. It was only part of songs as known as parts of what we now call multi-tracks. Several layers were appropriately pieced together and made into what they were intended for as demo quality songs. Some of these leaked via trading. The singing you hear is Axl but it isnt the right music behind it. I believe that this was done on purpose to avoid any legal issues of actually leaking a song.

Wrong, it's just as illegal to leak the vocals. Your theory makes no sense.

Guys, no clue if this has been posted or if anyone's seen it, but i just noticed the description of the video on YouTube now says this:

Thanks a lot for the laughs, and ehhh.. I have no idea where this track came from and the Axl vocals are most definitely not pasted together, they're real.

/cupcake out

I actually said that in the deleted thread. I noticed it was his video, but oh well, people like to ignore facts.

But GnR could help themselves by releasing music more often than one album every 15 years, and by not being so secretive about their music. Then there wouldn't be such a feeding frenzy when there are leaks.

Yes,GNR is most definantly,undeniably,single-handedly responsible for leaking their own music,as well as world hunger,wars,famine,every possible concievable pestilence that exists or ever has existed in any and all time periods,B.C. and A.D. and any future happenstance among our species,and including but not limited to any random molecular mistep,mistake,and misappropriated planetary event that has ever occured,or could possibly randomly occur in both organic and mechanical melancholy metaphysical Quantum Quagmire in Quohog forever and ever,Giggidy Giggidy Amen.

Yes,GNR is most definantly,undeniably,single-handedly responsible for leaking their own music,as well as world hunger,wars,famine,every possible concievable pestilence that exists or ever has existed in any and all time periods,B.C. and A.D. and any future happenstance among our species,and including but not limited to any random molecular mistep,mistake,and misappropriated planetary event that has ever occured,or could possibly randomly occur in both organic and mechanical melancholy metaphysical Quantum Quagmire in Quohog forever and ever,Giggidy Giggidy Amen.

Nice post.

But back to the topic.

Do you think if GnR released albums at more than a rate of one every 20 years that leaks would be such a big deal?

People go crazy when a leak comes out, becuase they know it could be 10 years before they actually hear a real version of the song. Or they know they may NEVER hear the finished version of the song.

When was the checkmate clip released? I know you have never listened to it - and that you have never listened to ANY GnR leak - but you present yourself as a bit of a GnR expert on here, so I thought you might know????

GnR hoards their music like it is top secret USA military Bin Laden chasing secret plans.

I know it offends you that I wish my favorite singer/band would put out more music. But in terms of leaks and how people react - putting out new music and talking to the fans would eleviate all the leak-craziness. Surely you can agree with that?

/cupcake out

It's funny how much YouTube videos can confuse people. This was on the description of the Remix, and not the original video.