GNR Facebook post - new material on tour?

andy-robertson

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the setlist that was supposed to play was real, I think Axl wanted to give the fans the best he could (TWAT,Catcher, Think About You, My Michelle, etc) but there were many negative factors that day, his voice, time, the rain,etc. he just wasn't ready, I think he is a perfectionist and wants to give the fans the best but when he is ready. I hope his voice is more raspy this tour.

Doesn't look like anyone has posted about this, but the update from the GNR Facebook page about an hour ago was very interesting...

"Dialing in on 5-11 - who is ready for something that they haven't had yet?"

So 5-11 will be the first show of this tour in Russia, and the "something they haven't had yet" bit implies that a brand new song might be played... Or it could be a reference to Anything Goes, and maybe they're going to play that one instead?

Mods - did a quick sweep of the recent posts and couldn't see anything about this (it was only posted an hour ago by GNR on Facebook), but if this is duplicate news or needs to be merged, then please by all means merge away!

Fingers crossed for some new material this tour!!

No, it's about first time in Russia for Gn'R

Simple

Doesn't look like anyone has posted about this, but the update from the GNR Facebook page about an hour ago was very interesting...

So 5-11 will be the first show of this tour in Russia, and the "something they haven't had yet" bit implies that a brand new song might be played... Or it could be a reference to Anything Goes, and maybe they're going to play that one instead?

Mods - did a quick sweep of the recent posts and couldn't see anything about this (it was only posted an hour ago by GNR on Facebook), but if this is duplicate news or needs to be merged, then please by all means merge away!

Simple

They've played Russia before...

Simple

They played at Russia during the 2010 tour.

I bet if Axl stops by here and sees this thread he is going to be like "hmmm interesting... didn't know I wrote a song called Blood in the Water"...

so obviously a fake

I think the vocals are real. I'm 99% sure. If someone manipulated Axl's voice to make him say 'I see Blood in the Water' in the exact notes he desired, being that no song on CD has the word 'Water' or 'Blood' in it, and that the type of raspless voice in this sample is only heard in a handful of songs, that person deserves a medal. The experts behind MJ's posthumous album could not do that! And there must've been at least a dozen of them working on it. This dude could earn millions making a new Nirvana or Queen album! What's he waiting for? Oh yeah... even tho he can perfectly manipulate voices, he hasn't got the ability to do the simple task of manipulating the instrumental stems from CD so it doesn't sound like prostitute. :rolleyes:

Edited by It Don't Really Matter

I bet if Axl stops by here and sees this thread he is going to be like "hmmm interesting... didn't know I wrote a song called Blood in the Water"...

so obviously a fake

I think the vocals are real. I'm 99% sure. If someone manipulated Axl's voice to make him say 'I see Blood in the Water' in the exact notes he desired, being that no song on CD has the word 'Water' or 'Blood' in it, and that the type of raspless voice in this sample is only heard in a handful of songs, that person deserves a medal. The experts behind MJ's posthumous album could not do that! And there must've been at least a dozen of them working on it. This dude could earn millions making a new Nirvana or Queen album! What's he waiting for? Oh yeah... even tho he can perfectly manipulate voices, he hasn't got the ability to do the simple task of manipulating the instrumental stems from CD so it doesn't sound like prostitute. :rolleyes:

We don't need Axl if he can do that.

so obviously a fake

Dude should just release his own CD2 already...

so obviously a fake

But really, think about it. If somebody was able to manipulate and change vocal tones and range and paste words together, we would have a bunch of different leaks with actual vocals. The only "leaks" we ever get are instrumentals of stuff that's obviously fake. This leak has vocals and it's definitely Axl, it's the first leak we actually got with vocals since the checkmate clip was leaked.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

so obviously a fake

Dude should just release his own CD2 already...

He could probably make a pretty awesome General if he wanted to

Don't get your hopes up guys. That is the trick. Because if it does not come to fruition, you won't be that disappointed. If it does happen though, it will be awesome. I'm going about my normal routine as usual like it's another week.

yeah thats the route to go i am not expecting anything but if they do play something new i will lose my fucking mind :scared:

It's legit, there's no question, thats Axl's voice (I hear multiple layers btw.) singing a rumoured titled song, it's in a similar style to Better gone, which surfaced earlier in the year.

Who knows, maybe GN'R leaked it as a remix to get people hyped for the upcoming tour?

Ya think? Seems very likely to me. The timing and there being no original uploader in sight - Claiming to up the rest or trade...Think about it.

If they are serious about releasing a new album, then I hope they don't start playing new stuff if it's not going to be out for another 6 months.

They did that last time, and it killed the album as the "new" songs were old by the time they were actually released.

If they are serious about releasing a new album, then I hope they don't start playing new stuff if it's not going to be out for another 6 months.

They did that last time, and it killed the album as the "new" songs were old by the time they were actually released.

If they play 1 or 2 new songs this upcoming tour, that's not so bad.

There is no point in continuing to discuss the possibility that these Axl vocals were spliced together, because it is simply not possible.

yeah there is no way you can take 14 songs that have different sounding vocals and using syllables to splice together a complete coherent vocal. when the 2 forum posters cleaned it up so you could hear the vocals better it just sounds even more authentic

It's legit, there's no question, thats Axl's voice (I hear multiple layers btw.) singing a rumoured titled song, it's in a similar style to Better gone, which surfaced earlier in the year.

Who knows, maybe GN'R leaked it as a remix to get people hyped for the upcoming tour?

Ya think? Seems very likely to me. The timing and there being no original uploader in sight - Claiming to up the rest or trade...Think about it.

It's likely but I hope it's not the case... If they leaked this electro-remix thing as a way to get us pumped for the tour, they could do a lot better... Blood in the Water really doesn't sound as promising as what people say about The General or as what we heard from Jackie Chan. Hope someone got their hands on the final product (or just the part of a vocal stem) from an upcoming album or single and leaked it. That would mean GnR has something on it's way.

I agree with previous posters. this appears to be a marketing exercise by gnr. the leak is axls vocal,no doubt. The rest of the song has been deliberately disguised. The timing of this a week prior to the tour is too much of a coincidance. If the rest of this song was 'out there' it would more than likely have leaked additional samples or in full by now.

yeah there is no way you can take 14 songs that have different sounding vocals and using syllables to splice together a complete coherent vocal. when the 2 forum posters cleaned it up so you could hear the vocals better it just sounds even more authentic

Where can I find that?

Could be nothing really, they did this post before:

https://twitter.com/#!/gunsnroses/statuses/69142599973343232

yeah, but anytime they use lyrics they post the name of the song after the post. They did the same thing with Don't Damn Me a few weeks ago.

We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want, between selected lines. #DontDamn
Edited by GNR123GNR456