Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Obama speaks out in favour of gay marriage

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

GivenToFly

GivenToFly

Stranger

• SILVER
  • 6,222 posts
  • 28-May 05
FABULOUS!

Check out my old GNR live megabootleg: Guns N' Roses: Live Anthology 1985 - 1994

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/204151-live-anthology-1985-1994-my-old-gnr-live-megabootleg/

and my 2006 - 2012 compilation: Guns N' Roses: Chinese Democracy Live

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/201848-gnr-chinese-democracy-live-my-bootleg-compilation-of-live-material-2006-2012/

LightningBolt

LightningBolt

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts
  • 12-December 08
I'm in favor of gay marriage, mainly because I don't think there's much reason not to be, but this little "confession" just felt incredibly... contrived I guess? It's just that the guy's been in office for three and a half years now and he waits to drop this little thing on us now, like he's capitalizing on that Amendment One thing in North Carolina and the overwhelmingly negative response it's garnered. I'm happy he's said it and if something comes of it, that's great, but it just feels like politics as usual. I just wish it felt more genuine I guess.

shades

shades

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,606 posts
  • 11-July 03
well you're not going to get genuine from him, so dont hold your breath waiting
and of course he is flipflopping on it.

truth be told that may not be the right side to flip.
he's making a calculated decision based on what I'm not exactly sure.

but rest assured its calculated, and nothing to do with his true feelings
ROCK ON WITH YOUR BAD SELF

Lithium

Lithium

Do you even Lith?

• SILVER
  • 22,545 posts
  • 09-October 05

well you're not going to get genuine from him, so dont hold your breath waiting
and of course he is flipflopping on it.

truth be told that may not be the right side to flip.
he's making a calculated decision based on what I'm not exactly sure.

but rest assured its calculated, and nothing to do with his true feelings

I heard, from some very credible sources, that Obama drinks the blood of labrador puppies for every meal.

Patience 4 Axl

Patience 4 Axl

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 15,491 posts
  • 25-August 04
Can't say I care why he said it. I'm glad we finally have a President with balls who is willing to take a stand, even if it's an unpopular statement for the closet homosexuals on the right. They weren't voting for him anyway.
Posted Image

"I left Guns out of love. Out of love of music and being on stage."- SLASH

Whateva! I'm not some pretenderrr, I'm a native New Yorkerrr!

Sweersa

Sweersa

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • 04-July 08
I'm not a huge fan of Obama mainly because he signed the NDAA, but I am pleased with his new opinion on same-sex marriage.

gabrielsevenn7

gabrielsevenn7

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • 06-October 06
Obama has to have these views to appease his base of far lefties because that is where the money comes from, even if it doesn't represent the views of most Democratic voters.

It is obvious that Americans don't want gay marriage. 30 states with a constiutional ammendment defining marriage as one man and one woman. The only five that allow it were not decided by voters directly and four of those were decided by courts--maybe give one. Even the most liberal states have defined marriage as one man and one woman when put direct to voters.

I don't know what Obama plans with this sudden coming out. I guess he wants to do everything he can to lose the election. Seems like every day he goes against what Americans for the most part want and voters are seeing what is going on now.

If election were today--Obama gets destroyed, not just beaten. And if it keeps going like it has been with every one of these issues (contraceptives, war on women, class warfare, race mongering by the left) it will be even worse. Every attempt to try to distract from the fact that the economy is terrible (and worse than the media tries to portray) has failed miserably and indeed has backfired on Democrats.

I see all Republicans voting for Romney and most independents. I don't think Obama is going to get party support at the ballots nearly as strong as what he got in 2008. I'm seeing 70% 30%, 65% 35% election this year. People are just sick of the excuses and the blaming of anyone and everyone and anything for broken promises. The change he promised is the exact opposite of what he is doing with all of his politics and mudslinging. Romney isn't even a strong canidate. Bush has been gone 3.5 years. Time to take some responsiblility. Obama's still campaigning like he is not the incumbant, like Romney is the incumbant (or still Bush) and all the problems that have gotten worse since 2008 he's just now stepping into like its someone else's mess. The logic of blame Bush doesn't fly anymore and was never really true and now voters see it. Democrats crushed at every turn. States suing the federal government. The federal government suing states. The Supreme Court deciding constitutionallity of law and immigration.....what a mess.

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*
  • Guests
  • --
I can't believe that homosexuality is still such an issue in America.

sweetness

sweetness

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 14,922 posts
  • 01-February 06

Me neither, its an absolute joke, but that's how close minded the majority of our populace is unfortunately. I think its the right stance for a president to take, but I don't think it's Obama's true stance. This is just election year campaigning at its finest, its not like he can reference his accomplishments in office...

Posted Image

chevelle

chevelle

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • 26-June 05
Vote ploy or not, as long as him taking this stance actually pushes forward some change on the issue, I don't give a fuck.

Edited by chevelle, 10 May 2012 - 02:18 AM.

My 8-Bit Music. My Vinyl Collection.
Posted Image
November 5th, 2006 - Continental Airlines Arena

GET OFF AXLS BACK

GET OFF AXLS BACK

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 15,749 posts
  • 19-March 04
Giving one section of society a human right others have had forever * sarcastic applause *

2qxywb4.jpg

Here's what I know, Rick. If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, you own it. If it doesn't, you don't own it. And if it doesn't you're an asshole, just like you.

RocketQueen1985

RocketQueen1985

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,658 posts
  • 19-July 10

I know, right? Let them get married already.

tumblr_n4ygp0ZSt51qi31vgo1_400.gif

"He (Axl) is someone that loves sharing pictures of cats with my wife.

That's the guy I know."

- Bumblefoot

GivenToFly

GivenToFly

Stranger

• SILVER
  • 6,222 posts
  • 28-May 05
But seriously, fuck you North Carolina!

Check out my old GNR live megabootleg: Guns N' Roses: Live Anthology 1985 - 1994

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/204151-live-anthology-1985-1994-my-old-gnr-live-megabootleg/

and my 2006 - 2012 compilation: Guns N' Roses: Chinese Democracy Live

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/201848-gnr-chinese-democracy-live-my-bootleg-compilation-of-live-material-2006-2012/

GnRDuff1

GnRDuff1

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts
  • 18-June 03

Giving one section of society a human right others have had forever * sarcastic applause *

Lol agreed. Congratulations on the idea that people are in fact all human beings!
Philly 2002: No show
East Rutherford 2006: Split GA, on rail, back pit
Camden 2011: 2nd row in pit. Best show

Guest_Len B'stard_*

Guest_Len B'stard_*
  • Guests
  • --
Yes black man, respect ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users