Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Obama speaks out in favour of gay marriage

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

lol_Dave_Kushner

lol_Dave_Kushner

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • 17-February 12
Can't convince the convinced.
Posted Image
I'm here to exercise my constitutional right to humiliate losers and crush their dreams.

sweetness

sweetness

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,974 posts
  • 01-February 06

there are no good or bad guys. there are guys who do better and guys who do worse. there is no republican right now who can do a better job than obama. FACT.

:mellow: this is what college students actually believe

Posted Image

lol_Dave_Kushner

lol_Dave_Kushner

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • 17-February 12
Though I'm not worried, 'cause there is no chance in hell that Romney beats Obama.
Posted Image
I'm here to exercise my constitutional right to humiliate losers and crush their dreams.

gabrielsevenn7

gabrielsevenn7

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • 06-October 06

Though I'm not worried, 'cause there is no chance in hell that Romney beats Obama.

Just curious....what do you like about Obama? What makes him a good president?

lol_Dave_Kushner

lol_Dave_Kushner

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • 17-February 12
As I said, I'm not going to debate politics. It's pointless. People who argue about this side or the other are already convinced and there is no way they are going to change their mind. It is the same as arguing about religion. You're not gonna change a religious person's views in a forum argument. It's a waste of time.

Enjoy your shitty little virtual pissing contest, though, kids.
Posted Image

gabrielsevenn7

gabrielsevenn7

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • 06-October 06

As I said, I'm not going to debate politics. It's pointless. People who argue about this side or the other are already convinced and there is no way they are going to change their mind. It is the same as arguing about religion. You're not gonna change a religious person's views in a forum argument. It's a waste of time.

Enjoy your shitty little virtual pissing contest, though, kids.

I wasn't going to try to change your mind or debate. I wanted to know what you see in the guy. You are the one who said he was better than any Republican and you followed it by typing, "FACT." And you are the one who said Democrats are better than Republicans for the last 30 years......which is just ignorant, really. So I answered. Sounded to me like you were the one wanting to debate.

I wasn't bashing the guy for doing what he has to do politically speaking. He has no choice. It is a simple observation. He's following the money and that is what his contributors what--gay marriage. President has nothing to do with gay marriage though so it is a waste of time and money for the donors. It won't sink him because he supports it. What is sinking him is that it is merely a deflection from what really matters and everyone knows it but one issue gay rights voters.

lol_Dave_Kushner

lol_Dave_Kushner

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • 17-February 12
What part of "Not going into politics right now", which was the first sentence I wrote to you, sounded like me wanting to debate?

You are right, Republicans rule, Democrats suck. Everything is black and white and the good guys always win.
Enjoy your day.
Posted Image

shades

shades

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,606 posts
  • 11-July 03

I wasn't going to try to change your mind or debate. I wanted to know what you see in the guy.

he's got nothing kid,

nobody on the left has anything they can hang their hat on with this guys record.

thats why the media and the rest of the "D" team is spending the entire last two days parading out famous gays and how happy they are that "the most powerful man in the world has validated us",
the same group that claims they need no validation, they know who they are. Sing it from the mountain top.

Its a sinking ship but a lot of people pailing water over the side hoping someone comes up with some magic glue before November.

Its all they got

Romney is not the answer man either, dont get us wrong.
But we absolutley have to change course, Obama will sell us down the river full tilt if he gets a lame duck 4 years to do whatever he wants with no recourse.
ROCK ON WITH YOUR BAD SELF

gabrielsevenn7

gabrielsevenn7

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • 06-October 06

What part of "Not going into politics right now", which was the first sentence I wrote to you, sounded like me wanting to debate?

You are right, Republicans rule, Democrats suck. Everything is black and white and the good guys always win.
Enjoy your day.

The part where you intially said, "Not going to debate politics right now" and then followed that up with statements that would spark debate.

gabrielsevenn7

gabrielsevenn7

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • 06-October 06

I wasn't going to try to change your mind or debate. I wanted to know what you see in the guy.

he's got nothing kid,

nobody on the left has anything they can hang their hat on with this guys record.

thats why the media and the rest of the "D" team is spending the entire last two days parading out famous gays and how happy they are that "the most powerful man in the world has validated us",
the same group that claims they need no validation, they know who they are. Sing it from the mountain top.

Its a sinking ship but a lot of people pailing water over the side hoping someone comes up with some magic glue before November.

Its all they got

Romney is not the answer man either, dont get us wrong.
But we absolutley have to change course, Obama will sell us down the river full tilt if he gets a lame duck 4 years to do whatever he wants with no recourse.

yeah.

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,426 posts
  • 12-December 08

there are no good or bad guys. there are guys who do better and guys who do worse. there is no republican right now who can do a better job than obama. FACT.

The debates should have made people realize the Republican party is worse off than it was a few years ago.

Tom1447

Tom1447

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • 15-December 08
Romney is like an extreme version of our current prime minister in england. He wont get in because average americans aernt that stupid, well i hope they aernt...

AxlisOld

AxlisOld

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 9,981 posts
  • 08-May 05
I am so happy to see gabrielsevenn7 and shades posting.

And yes this is a complete hail mary for Obama. "Oh shit, Republicans put forth a semi moderate candidate, I'd better try to snatch up some independents." He knows that lefties won't vote Romney, he knows righties won't vote himself, so he grabs at straws on what he feels is a (moot as it may be) hot button issue since he has a complete shit record for our economy. The point is that it doesn't matter what ANY president's view is on the subject. People seem to forget that any power not explicitly given to the federal government in the constitution is therefore afforded to the states by default. You don't have to agree with North Carolina, but you do have to agree that they have the right to do it via popular vote.

duffman.gifstormtrooper.gif
WARNING: Consumption of alcoholic beverages will MAKE YOU AWESOME

ohmygod

ohmygod

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,676 posts
  • 26-April 03

well you're not going to get genuine from him, so dont hold your breath waiting
and of course he is flipflopping on it.

truth be told that may not be the right side to flip.
he's making a calculated decision based on what I'm not exactly sure.

but rest assured its calculated, and nothing to do with his true feelings

Quoted for truth.
"I don't think there is another band out right now that has the balls to do what we did last night. Axl insists on doing things his way and not playing by the fucking rules. You can love him or hate him for it, but the fact of the matter is.... he's the real fucking deal. skin, blood and soul. Deal with it or not, but it won't ever change. Long live rock n' roll." Richard Fortus

deja_vu

deja_vu

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • 06-May 12
Romney is not even liked by his own party...look at the clowns he beat for the nomination and he still struggled. He is the greatest flipflopper of all time. The man will change his position in an eyeblink to curry votes.

Bush handed Obama a shit sandwich when he left office. An economy ready to collapse into depression and two pointless unwinnable wars to deal with.

Has he been perfect ? No but considering shitstorm he was left with he managed to stabilize the economy and things are slowly turning around.

Expecting him to turn the economy around in his first term is dreaming especially considering the Republicans fighting everything he wants to do.

Considering how the Republicans fuck the poor to favour the rich it amazes me the blue collar support them.

Edited by deja_vu, 10 May 2012 - 07:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users