Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Obama speaks out in favour of gay marriage

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

shades

shades

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,565 posts
  • 11-July 03
who is to blame and who caused what
will always be debatable.

But Obama is on the wrong track, that is the bottom line.

The deficit is so far gone there is no easy way to reel it in.
he has no energy plan, he has no jobs plan.
his class warfare is devisive, his foreign policy is all over the board and always politically motivated.
his health care plan will not work, will not work period. the numbers dont add up.

lets not attack him personally lets just say he is in over his head.
And we should have expected no less. electing someone, in these times to that office
with no political experience. You have to be at least somewhat a middle man in American politics to be president.
The two partys will dig their heels in if you insist on butting heads to get your way.
The founding fathers set it up that way.

and stop with all the Clinton did such a good job bs.
Clinton was in the right place at the right time.
Someone had to be there when the dot.com bubble inflated, he lucked out.
pure and simple.
And someone had to be there when the bubble burst too. but no one talks about that.

Obama was handed a bad hand?
maybe, but 7 months into his term he didnt have a hidden, stateless terror organization kill 3000 people by flying Jets into buildings and threaten to kill more either.

Every president has his "hand".
character decides how he plays it.
And the blame game is wearing thin.

you either can do something to help the situation or you cant, which is it.

Edited by shades, 11 May 2012 - 11:18 AM.

ROCK ON WITH YOUR BAD SELF

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,957 posts
  • 12-December 08
There's nothing in the Constitution about marriage. Obama said a couple of years ago he believes marriage is between a man and a woman, and I'm sure he still believes it, but he knows it's a state issue, not a federal one.

Religion influences peoples' lives, but it's not a law of the land. If the majority of people in a state are anti-gay and that's how they vote, there's nothing a civil liberties org can do about it. You need the uproar and support.

The president doesn't come up with budgets, he can support a law that's going through Congress, but some of them will never reach his desk.

bucketmaster101

bucketmaster101

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • 19-April 05
I love American politics, it's interesting from an outside perspective. I'm not here to weigh in on the gay-marriage issue, since that's obviously a very personal issue, but the state of American politics amuses me a lot. People so willing to call Obama a "communist". These attacks are probably the most absurd thing I've ever heard. The fact is that America has no real "far-left" party. Your constitution basically forbids it with the whole individual pursuit of happiness thing. To some of you people on here, I'm probably insanely left wing, and I'm proud of that fact :) Whilst history has taught us that the practice of left wing politics is often doomed to fail, it doesn't stop me having faith in the possibility for a better tomorrow. Welfare for example to me seems almost logical. Granted I'm from the UK, and we have a pretty alright deal. OK it's not perfect, but I truly am proud that we have that. I would engage in some philosophical discussion about this, but since I'm in finals period, seems kind of a waste of my time. But if anyone wants a genuine intellectual discussion on politics, or philosophy, PM me or something. Would be nice to talk to some people about big issues. Despite my left wing tendencies, I value people's right to an opinion as well. I don;t care if you're an ultra-libertarian, discussion is always good.

Alas, it's 3.36 am local time,

Peace!

xXx
Buckethead is Slash/ Slash is Buckethead,

"bach" proved it

izzygirl

izzygirl

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,785 posts
  • 28-February 10
Gay marriage is legal here since a lot of time ago; really, it's not a big deal. :shrugs:

Btw, Obama could stop talking and going to galas and start to do something useful.

21km35y.jpg

No son ojos porque los ves. Son ojos porque te miran.

deja_vu

deja_vu

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • 06-May 12

Gay marriage is legal here since a lot of time ago; really, it's not a big deal. :shrugs:

Btw, Obama could stop talking and going to galas and start to do something useful.

Considering what trainwreck the Spanish economy is maybe you should worry what your leaders are not doing.

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*
  • Guests
  • --

Considering what trainwreck the Spanish economy is maybe you should worry what your leaders are not doing.

I've heard that the American economy is doing well.

lol

izzygirl

izzygirl

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,785 posts
  • 28-February 10

Yes, but at least our leaders never promised to change anything. :shrugs:

...and our leaders don't discriminate people basing on their sexual orientation.

Edited by izzygirl, 13 May 2012 - 09:01 AM.

21km35y.jpg

deja_vu

deja_vu

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • 06-May 12

Yes, but at least our leaders never promised to change anything. :shrugs:

You must be very proud

With an attitude like that no wonder Spain is broke............ :rolleyes:

izzygirl

izzygirl

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,785 posts
  • 28-February 10

lol

:rofl-lol:

You must be very proud

Well, I'm proud I'm not american, yes.

Edited by izzygirl, 13 May 2012 - 09:08 AM.

21km35y.jpg

deja_vu

deja_vu

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • 06-May 12

lol

:rofl-lol:

You must be very proud

The U.S economy is certainly doing better than Spain's and that is a fact ;)

I will give you credit for one thing you have the best Jamon and Churros I have ever eaten

Got a good laugh at the banner add on this sub forum though. It was petition to "Stop Mitt Romney". Think I will go sign up

Edited by deja_vu, 13 May 2012 - 09:18 AM.

Patience 4 Axl

Patience 4 Axl

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 15,211 posts
  • 25-August 04

lol

It's done worse. We'll be ok.

We are too.
Posted Image

"I left Guns out of love. Out of love of music and being on stage."- SLASH

Whateva! I'm not some pretenderrr, I'm a native New Yorkerrr!

deja_vu

deja_vu

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • 06-May 12

lol

It's done worse. We'll be ok.

We are too.

What?! Your proud not to be an American? What are you some kind of liberal Patience?

izzygirl

izzygirl

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,785 posts
  • 28-February 10

What?! Your proud not to be an American? What are you some kind of liberal Patience?

She is proud I'm not american. It was sarcasm. :lol:

Anyway, deja vu, I'm glad you like jamón and churros. :)

21km35y.jpg

Patience 4 Axl

Patience 4 Axl

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 15,211 posts
  • 25-August 04

:thumbsup:
Posted Image

"I left Guns out of love. Out of love of music and being on stage."- SLASH

Whateva! I'm not some pretenderrr, I'm a native New Yorkerrr!

deja_vu

deja_vu

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • 06-May 12

I know that ig I was just teasing her

Spanish Jamon is food of the gods. Ate it everyday when I was in Spain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users