The Elvis Thread ("New" Album Coming, 2015)

Virgil Caine

Any big fans of Elvis? I fucking love Elvis and pretty much everything he ever did. I think a lot of people don't understand this, but Elvis, even at the end, was a prolific artist. He was recording and releasing new albums every year and touring every right up to his death. He didn't become "Howard Hughes-esque". All he did was gain weight...But he still sung amazing. Any other big fans of The King? I think he was getting better and better in the 70s...Moody Blue, his last album, experiments with multiple genres including Country and Disco and some of his other last albums explore funk and other new genres and he tackled any genre he explored as good as anyone. I also think the jumpsuits looked cool on him, while he was slim anyway.

1972-01.jpg

1973-02.jpg

nixon-elvis.jpg

Also...He didn't start becoming fat until 1974. 1968-1973 is actually probably his best years, live speaking.

Edited by Virgil Caine
  • Like 1

I know quite a few of the old Elvis classics like Hound Dog, Jailhouse Rock, Suspicious Minds etc. but I've never really listened to a whole album.

Any recommendations as to which is the best?

Hard to peg down a good album. Elvis in Memphis, Sun Sessions, the self titled, Christmas Album, He Touched Me (Elvis got Grammys for the gospel records) and Elvis is Back are prob. the best. Moody Blue's decent.

Best career overview is Essential Elvis Presley, Ultimate Gospel, and If Every Day Was Like Xmas.

Nothing's comprehensive though... RCA keeps holding vault stuff back, but the 50s,60s,70s Complete Master box sets are if the library has them, check them out.

Guest Len B'stard

The first two albums, Elvis Presley and Elvis are just fuckin amazing, love em. Bit echoey but it all adds to the charm. Brilliant though, absolutely brilliant and pretty evenly split between ballads and more rockin' stuff for The King. I love "I'm Counting On You" tons.

• 2 years later...

I mean, I ain't no fag, but Elvis was prettier than most women, you know? I always said if I had to fuck a guy, you know, I mean, had to if my life depended on it, I'd fuck Elvis.

Been rumored he and Nick Adams slept together at least once.

Too bad he never reached his full potential. The Colonel wasted his talent on movies. He also prevented him from going overseas to tour because the Colonel was afraid authorities will found out he is actually Dutch pretending to American and being barred from reentry to the United States.

I mean, I ain't no fag, but Elvis was prettier than most women, you know? I always said if I had to fuck a guy, you know, I mean, had to if my life depended on it, I'd fuck Elvis.

Been rumored he and Nick Adams slept together at least once.

Too bad he never reached his full potential. The Colonel wasted his talent on movies. He also prevented him from going overseas to tour because the Colonel was afraid authorities will found out he is actually Dutch pretending to American and being barred from reentry to the United States.

Elvis joined the army and was stationed in Germany, I think it was Germany. That's where he met Priscilla when she was about 14. Her dad was in the military. He wasn't gay (I don't know really), he liked underage girls. That was the big secret. This is all according to things told to me by family members.

I'm from Mississippi, grew up about 90 miles from Tupelo. I can't remember exactly what my grandmother and mom told me but he had a taste for the very, very young girls. The women in my family loved him though, all the women there did. I still do!