top 10 unpleasant facts about john Lennon

He wasn't a saint. The people who met him and knew him thought he was funny but he could be an asshole.

Yoko hasn't tried to push the whole saint thing on the fans, either, she talked about how mean he could be. He made fun of retarded kids, too.

When he did the bed in, he talked about his temper. The song "Imagine" is something he would like to happen, even within himself at the time. The interviews are out there.

Was he physical? Yeah, but it was infrequent and he felt horrible after it happened. It wasn't Ike and Tina, control shit, or the Jacksons, keeping the kids in line, or Brian Wilson's sick fuck of a father.

When you've been in a relationship and the argument gets heated, people are fucking LIARS when they say they don't want to hit that person.

Clapton and Ringo also beat up their wives.

The Beatles were postwar, they grew up around rubble, poverty, and had to have a macho attitude. The attitudes towards women was different.

As far as hippies go - beatniks were the real hippies, and when you really look into it, part of it was the gay subculture of the 40s and 50s, some of them were part of the Paris scene in the 30s. It was an artist community where they got to experiment, feed off each other, and create. The Beatles brought awareness of Eastern philosophies when they hung out in India, and people got into meditation, yoga, and all that stuff (even though Kerouac already wrote Dharma Bums and was either dead, or close to it by then. Jack Casady got to hang with the hippies in SF). But it was on a mainstream level when they did it. Woodstock had meditation going on, too, people there tried granola for the first time. Earth Day was thanks to the hippies.

Edited by dalsh327

I don't know what is true or not. But even if all of it is true to say he was a hypocrite is kinda far. I instantly thought that his writings and art could be an alternate state of mind or escape from who he really was or how he percieved himself to be. I also know that the songs he sang with the Beatles and is credited as being primary creative force are the ones I like better. Now, if Paul and George were still behind those then those two deserve tons of credit for bringing Lennon's style out in the forefront--or creating an alternate style for themselves. Whether selfish or not if they were behind his sound it is genius. Although, George Martin would probably have more to do with it than anybody else.

Guest Len B'stard

Lennon was a horrible scouse cunt :lol: I'm sure he could be a darling too but it's no suprise to anyone that he was a horrible bastard. You can tell he's a horrible bastard, he never answered a question straight, it was always something a little narky. In his own words, you've got to be a bastard to make it and The Beatles were all bastards.

There's nothing you'll dig up thats like, y'know, hanging crime but he could be a nobhead, yes. But then quite frankly if you think anyones a bit of a saint, you're a bit thick.

Also, like anyone, if you stick their life under a microscope and make a point of magnifying the less savoury aspects, probably most of us would end up looking like cunts.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Doubt they could do a list like this about George Harrison.

Ooooh yes they could :lol: Don't let the Scorsese doc fool you, he was in fact, like every other Beatle, a human being. It's all fuckin bollocks though cuz quite frankly, Beatles were top of the fuckin pile and still are and always will be, with the exception of The Sex Pistols, they're the greatest fuckin band that ever was but none of them were fuckin shrinking wallflowers and anyone who thinks they are or were needs to consider the fact that this is a bunch of teenagers/early 20s lads who played gigs in Hamburg and, y'know, fuckin took care of themselves and took care of business. You weren't a young lad in Liverpool, young working class lad in Liverpool and didn't know how to handle yourself in them days. What was presented by the Beatles security network as a true image of them and what they were REALLY like is totally different.

More "shocking" Lennon facts. He beat the shit out of a reporter for The Daily Mirror for insinuating that Lennon was a poof. It was well contained by good ol' Brian who has as much to do with their good image as anyone. The Beatles were just four scouse yobbos that had an ear for a tune until he caught them, shaved them down, took em out of the leathers and made them act like human beings.

But there's tons of these stories out there about Lennon, peeing on nuns from a balcony in Hamburg, throwing a steak knife at an audience member and goose marching across the stage in postwar Hamburg doing Hitler impersonations :lol:

Lennon, by all accounts, was someone who could tear you to shreds in the ol' verbal jousting stakes.

Edited by sugaraylen

Ooooh yes they could :lol: Don't let the Scorsese doc fool you, he was in fact, like every other Beatle, a human being.

From what I've read and seen, George Harrison seems like one of the coolest human beings ever, is he not? :question:

Guest Len B'stard

Ooooh yes they could :lol: Don't let the Scorsese doc fool you, he was in fact, like every other Beatle, a human being.

From what I've read and seen, George Harrison seems like one of the coolest human beings ever, is he not? :question:

Well yeah but he was still a human being. Of The Beatles him and Lennon were the most aggressive if all accounts are to be believed. It's usually the most unpeaceful among us that go a bundle on the whole peace and love bit.

Well yeah but he was still a human being. Of The Beatles him and Lennon were the most aggressive if all accounts are to be believed. It's usually the most unpeaceful among us that go a bundle on the whole peace and love bit.

That last bit is true indeed... gonna try and find out about this... They should make more lists like this. People need to be reminded Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, Kurt Cobain and other great artists that passed away aren't the freakin' perfect idols people as remember them.

Guest Len B'stard

read a book Shout by Phillip Norman, the only real of the time account of The Beatles...they tried supressing it at the time. Its basically an off the cuff account of them at their peak which shows you like...y'know, what they got up to. They've all testified to the accuracy of it too.

There's one particularly funny bit of it where John is basically trying to get one of their lackeys to go pick him a bird out of the audience and they do and bring her back and he starts shagging her up against a wall and in the process, busts a blood vessel in his cock and, not knowing whats happened finds himself stomping around backstage going "YOU BITCH!!! YOU FUCKIN BITCH, YOU KILLED MY DICK!" :lol:

Lennon is an overrated hypocritical asshole. It is common knowledge.

He did some great things with the Beatles, don't get me wrong. Strawberry Fields is fucking magic. Once he went solo, though, his songs are pretty much crap. Even the glorified Imagine is basically a pretty shitty song, just like All You Need is Love was.

He is very overrated. As stated in the article (and I don't agree with everything said there), Harrison and McCartney were bigger talents than him. Plus he was a wife beater and generally an asshole, so... He shouldn't be that glorified. Even people at the time got fucking sick of him and stupid Yoko. If he wouldn't have died, in 5 years he would be treated by media etc like Axl is today.

The Beatles are one of my favorite bands ever.

Guest Len B'stard

i think every last stick of the hype is justified and deserved, the man was a one off and a total fuckin authentic legend, SUCH a character, funny yet kinda sad and a fuckin AMAZING songwriter. Literally everything that poured out of that boy was fuckin amazing, every last fuckin demo reel, honest as you fuckin like, SUCH an ear for melody, the shit he wrote was deep but also easy to understand and kinda simple...and his fuckin writing, A Spanaird in the Works and the other whose name esc In His Own Write, thats it, they're just fuckin brilliant weird Lewis Carroll Nonsense Prose, i mean the boy was lauded in The TLS for it, this scouse shit-kicker, he's just brilliant in every fuckin way, just totally mental...and brazen...and an underrated rhythm player come to that.

Yeah, Lennon all day :)

Lennon is overrated, but fuck me, "untalented?" What kind of fuckhead would type such nonsense? I mean, it's fine in, like, a discussion forum or if you're just chewing the fat with friends, but in an article to prove that Lennon was a bastard? That's just garbage.

I've never really gotten into the Beatles. Just not my thing.