Axl Rose, give me some head... New Tenacious D Lyrics

yes i love you

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see all the Axl die-hards pop up with the "I've always hated jack black" comments.

Why would anyone hate Jack Black for mentioning Axl? He never insulted him.

Sometimes your convictions that people only form their opinions around what goes on with Axl are a little unsettling.

And yes, I have always hated Jack Black.

I like some of the movies he's done, High Fidelity comes to mind, but the HBO series was funny as hell. I think once he started doing family friendly movies for the check. King Kong - blame the person who writes and directs a movie as much as the actors in it when it fails to deliver. It's never just the person cast in it.

I liked Tropic Thunder. But there were half a dozen people in that movie who were better than he was.

Did he have any GN'R songs in School of Rock? Maybe Axl refused him permission to use any....

Tropic Thunder is my all time favorite comedy movie along with Shaolin Soccer, Kung Fu Hustle and Pineapple Express. :xmasssanta:

I liked Tropic Thunder. But there were half a dozen people in that movie who were better than he was.

Did he have any GN'R songs in School of Rock? Maybe Axl refused him permission to use any....

Tropic Thunder is my all time favorite comedy movie along with Shaolin Soccer, Kung Fu Hustle and Pineapple Express. :xmasssanta:

my favorite is Dragon Ball Evolution.

Year one is funny too !

I have a feeling that this thread is going to be moved to Anything Goes but -

Tom Cruise in the fat suit as Les Grossman>Robert Downey as Russel Crowe in black face paint >Ben Stiller as Sylvester Stallone> Nick Nolte as the fake amputee>

little kid playing the gangster chief> Matthew McConaughey playing the selfish agent>Jack Black playing the junkie comic>brandon jackson playing the closet gay comic>Grossman's sidekick> Steeve Coogan playing the director who gets blown up....

Edited by The Archer

Can't wait to see all the Axl die-hards pop up with the "I've always hated jack black" comments.

Why would anyone hate Jack Black for mentioning Axl? He never insulted him.

Sometimes your convictions that people only form their opinions around what goes on with Axl are a little unsettling.

And yes, I have always hated Jack Black.

Obviously people don't live their lives based on what Axl does.

But I've seen it happen on this board numerous times. Don't you recall how people were saying that mickey rouke was the greatest actor of the last 50 years after he mentioned that him and Axl were friends.

Or if a celebrity or another musician says something negative about Axl, then that guy is the least talented person in history. And if some b-level musician praises Axl, then he is the mist underrated and talented performer in history.

I suppose it could be a coincidence though. Maybe the diehards just coincidently love/hate the same exact things that Axl does.

I just think its funny. And it happens a lot.

Tell me that isn't the funniest shit ever! :D

Maybe Axl could take inspiration from that ;)

that is some funny shit, i always been a huge fan of tenacious d and a fan of jack black. the guy is funny he pokes fun at people all the time. he made a song about dio being to old to rock and stuff but the guy is a huge fan of his and was crying when he passed.

its art he likes to bust balls

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

dave grohl was the fucking master in that scene, awesome movie

You are the boards worst poster.

Thanks......or should I be offended.......not sure, as I don't recall anything you've ever posted. But if u really feel I'm worse than all the people that come here specifically to only bash Axl and the new band, then do yourself a favor and put me in your ignore list.

Jack Black's funny as shit. I agree the lyric is homage to "oral sex" but if it ain't I don't really care either. Axl in no way should acknowledge Jack or retaliate. He's so not worth mentioning even though I like the pudgy bastard. The whole song is about rock dying so why he would diss one of the greatest frontmen of all time doesn't really make sense, but he was probably high as shit when he wrote it.

Jack Black's funny as shit. I agree the lyric is homage to "oral sex" but if it ain't I don't really care either. Axl in no way should acknowledge Jack or retaliate. He's so not worth mentioning even though I like the pudgy bastard. The whole song is about rock dying so why he would diss one of the greatest frontmen of all time doesn't really make sense, but he was probably high as shit when he wrote it.

But what if he sang "Mel Gibson, give me some head"?

But what if he sang "Mel Gibson, give me some head"?

That would probably be dissing Mel Gibson. But who cares? He's a douche.

Edited by Chloe

I highly doubt this was meant as a shot at Axl. Jack Black, in live D shows, has mentioned Axl Rose favorably plenty of times. There are recordings out there of Jack and Kyle announcing themselves as Buckethead's replacement for GNR, etc. Not to mention the song's pacing, as someone said.

They're huge fans/friends of Ronnie James Dio, but much of their song "Dio" could be construed as not overly nice to Mr. RJD. It's just part of their humor.

Edited by teknophyle83