TWAT vs Anastasia

LA_0013

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anastasia's one of the best Slash songs in a while, on par with other of his classics like Mean Bone, Beggars & Hangers-On and By The Sword. However, TWAT is on par with classic GnR monster hits like WttJ, SCoM and PC, IMO. For me, TWAT wins by far here. But Anastasia's awesome too.

Riff = An

Solo = Twat

Arrangements = Twat

lyrics/vocals = Twat

Melodies = Twat

not the same category, neither the same level

=====> Fuckin' There Was a Time !

This. I feel like if Axl worked on Anastasia, it would blow TWAT away, though. The song structure for Ana is so blah. But the leads are excellent.

TWAT is on par with classic GnR monster hits like WttJ, SCoM and PC

no, but it's the best they could do.

I really think it is, tho. :shrugs:

EDIT: I bet most of the people that have voted 'Anastasia' probably hate TWAT. Not bashing Anastasia, tho... great song.

Edited by It Don't Really Matter

Going by the names mentioned, no. Those are at the top of the GNR tree, TWAT is good new tune but not near the top of the tree.

Going by the names mentioned, no. Those are at the top of the GNR tree, TWAT is good new tune but not near the top of the tree.

Personally, I think TWAT tops all of Appetite. Only songs that beat it are Coma and Estranged. :shrugs:

Personally, I think TWAT tops all of Appetite. Only songs that beat it are Coma and Estranged. :shrugs:

To me TWAT tops Coma and Estranged - or at least it'd be a tie.

So yeah, I'm voting TWAT. Slash's soloing in this one is nice, but he sounds the same playing the faster parts and the slow parts aren't that different either. Robin's and Bucket's soloing win by a mile. And I'm not even going to mention the vocals...

TWAT is one of the best songs on CD, but Anastasia trumps it in my opinion. Some of Axl's singing on TWAT is muddled, and at times bizarre. There are great melodies, but then he goes off on various vocal tangents sounding like Mickey Mouse.

The solos on TWAT are really good, but Anastasia's solo is more imaginative - the outro has a distinctly Arabic feel. The main riff for Anastasia is fucking brilliant too.

The bottom line is you can tell TWAT was pontificated over in the studio for years and the version you hear on CD is clearly edited together from dozens of different takes. Anastasia on the other hand was recorded from start to finish live in the studio, and probably took a matter of hours/days to put together. It is more inspired, less over produced.

Both are great songs, but Anastasia wins it for me.

Edited by Original GNR

Bad comparison

You really compar a song to an album? :crazy:

Anyway TWAT is better than Coma, but Estranged is better than TWAT.

For the record: My favorite CD song is TWAT, the only song on that album that racing the old gnr stuff.

What if we got TWAT outro solo and Anastasia riff together? :xmassrudolph:

Vocally TWAT is better

hadn't heard Anastasia 'til I saw this comparison.. when the song started I was seriously starting to doubt TWAT would top it, but not so far into the song I came to conclusion

TWAT by quite a lot actually

Anastasia

I haven't been able to listen to TWAT without skipping some of it in a long time :shrugs:

Haha, that's what I do when I want to listen TWAT. I only like the outro (Robin + Buckethead).

*High five* That's the part I like too :lol: