Forum Restructure

highvoltage

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

God, I hate when people do that. At least add some comment yourself, how lazy can you be? There's no need for five posts quoting another without saying anything. It's just annoying to scroll through.

I love the Attitude section. It keeps the Discussion section free of the most immature and moronic topics. I admit, some of the cupcakes do leak out into the discussion section occasionally, but it is tolerable. I am not sure how it reflects on the seriousness of mygnrforum, though, that a dedicated section has been set up for people to bash the band and current and former members of the band. But again, I love this arrangement.

I love the Attitude section. It keeps the Discussion section free of the most immature and moronic topics. I admit, some of the cupcakes do leak out into the discussion section occasionally, but it is tolerable. I am not sure how it reflects on the seriousness of mygnrforum, though, that a dedicated section has been set up for people to bash the band and current and former members of the band. But again, I love this arrangement.

Great comments here.

Difficult Soul' without pressing the 'ban button' several times a day!

Seeing it from all aspects of this forum for nearly 9 years now (member, mod, admin), it effectively boils down to two choices; you either have it very pro nuGNR (aka HTGTH - cool, respect Jarmo, no dig, great forum but not my aim or intention here) and ban, delete, all negative responses about Axl/NuGNR OR, you allow a certain amount?

THEN, you decide; do you have it in the main section and dilute the good quality threads for members here (including myself) that love the new line up. We decided to open up Attitude to allow a section for light hearted jokes/ criticism of the band (by the way, i do accept the balance has tipped a little recently) to free up the main section. For me personally, it was great decision and I'm really happy with that part of the structure so there are tweaks that need to be applied but that part of the forum won't change for the foreseeable future. Like i say, the balance has shifted, we're not perfect, mistakes will be made guys.

Thanks for the feedback!

Great comments here.

Difficult Soul' without pressing the 'ban button' several times a day!

Seeing it from all aspects of this forum for nearly 9 years now (member, mod, admin), it effectively boils down to two choices; you either have it very pro nuGNR (aka HTGTH - cool, respect Jarmo, no dig, great forum but not my aim or intention here) and ban, delete, all negative responses about Axl/NuGNR OR, you allow a certain amount?

THEN, you decide; do you have it in the main section and dilute the good quality threads for members here (including myself) that love the new line up. We decided to open up Attitude to allow a section for light hearted jokes/ criticism of the band (by the way, i do accept the balance has tipped a little recently) to free up the main section. For me personally, it was great decision and I'm really happy with that part of the structure so there are tweaks that need to be applied but that part of the forum won't change for the foreseeable future. Like i say, the balance has shifted, we're not perfect, mistakes will be made guys.

Thanks for the feedback!

I can imagine how hard it must be to administrate a large GN'R forum where everyone is welcome -- even people who are not fans of the band and only come to cupcake -- and setting up the Attitude section was in that respect an act of genius. You have achieved what I didn't think was possible: to create a GN'R forum that unites all the different factions under one roof (although in separate rooms). It's commendable, and I guess it helps with the monthly charges, too. But the greatest way you have achieved this is by creating a team of mods that together with yourself and HV treats all your members with respect and decency. That is really impressive. Even those I almost disagree with on every other issue we agree on one thing: that you guys are great.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

The release of CD was the worst thing to ever happen to this board. Lots of good members lost interest and we got a hoard of morons joining and replacing them instead. <_<

The Attitude section makes it so everyone has a place on this board. There is no such thing as a perfect GNR forum. This is as close as it gets though.

It really depends on what you mean by 'a perfect GNR forum'. If a perfect forum is one with the most members, then yes, this is very close because it accommodates almost everyone and everyone is treated really fairly and decently. For me personally, this forum would be better if all the cupcakes that infest the Attitude section were banned, e.g. those that on every possible occasion -- and even when it is not warranted at all -- bashes current or former members (e.g. Dj or Slash) or specific lineups of the band. Basically those whose agenda is to bash and create a negative mood surrounding the band, and not to come and in seriousness discuss a band they are fans of and to follow the news. But that is only my personal opinion. I think with the intention of creating a huge forum for everyone ruled by magnanimous admins and tolerant moderators, then this forum is pretty, bloody close and that is quite impressive.

^So you're doing another mass banning "joke?"

I surely don't hope it would amount to mass banning :o ...unless you weigh more than 150 kgs, of course.

But seriously, I think the new structure is great. It works really well with the overall way of moderating and administrating this place. It is obvious -- more and more -- that a lot of thought has gone into how the place it set up, and I believe things will just become better and better as things mature.