Forum Restructure

highvoltage

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I'm sorry I didn't use the right word for you people. What I meant was sort of "Haha, that's funny". Happy?

I'm on board with merging the Old GNR section with the News/Discussion one; merge the picture section with Anything goes too while you're at it. Just a thought.

Why merge those 2. There are a lot of people here who don't care about the old band since it's the past. How would it still be news if there were topics about the old band?

Why the mods locked sooo many threads?

the obvious trolls (volcano, BBA, MSL etc.) aren't got a ban, but all the fuckin topic locked??

The alternative was deleting them which we don't like doing either. Trying to keep discussions focused on Guns N' Roses and not on members of the forums - I've had numerous complaints via PM today about leaving them open, so we decided locking was the best option.

For the record, I hate seeing locked topics on the front page!

Locked topics kind of suck, but it's much better than just making threads and posts "disappear". My biggest pet peeve on the internet.

I am in favour of merging "Old GNR" and "New GNR" section into one Discussion & News section, but I do understand the reasons behind not doing so. Perhaps the compromise is leaving it as is but being more liberal about not always moving certain threads. For example, something like the "Slash visits Howard Stern" thread. To me, this is something that absolutely belongs in the main section. It's new and therefore news, they talk about Axl and the new band, and it's worthy of a main page discussion in my opinion.

There are always going to be a few people crying about it no matter what you do, but something like that is, again, worthy of discussion and also a lot of people wouldn't otherwise know about it if it wasn't on the main page. In this case, it had its moment and eventually new threads bumped it down off the first page, just as it should be. Same goes for locked threads. People can read them if they want, and they are soon pushed off the first page.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I want these smilies to be removed:

:wacko:

:blink:

:devil:

:chef:

:krider:

:drevil:

Edit: I am trying to post more smilies, but I can't for some reason. The forum is trying to merge my posts I guess and it will be too many smilies in the same message.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Remove these as well:

:wink:

:tongue2:

:xmasschef:

:xmasschef2:

:xmassrudolph:

:xmasssanta:

:hahafyou:

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I want these added:

Driving.gif

nono.gif

slaa.gif

max.gif

yes.gif

Edit: Well, the devil one didn't work well on a dark background. So not that, I suppose. But the others are grand!

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

The merging of Discussion & News and Original Gn'R isn't going to happen. There's not much logic in it, and really no reason to.

How do you guys feel about removing the Former Gunners section and replacing it with a "GnR Related / Side project" section?

Something like:

- VR (merger of the two current VR subforums)

- Former gunners projects

- Current gunners projects

To have some space for anything Guns-related like solo albums etc, but also for Bumble, Dizzy, Tommy etc their stuff.