Forum Restructure

highvoltage

The merging of Discussion & News and Original Gn'R isn't going to happen. There's not much logic in it, and really no reason to.

How do you guys feel about removing the Former Gunners section and replacing it with a "GnR Related / Side project" section?

Something like:

- VR (merger of the two current VR subforums)

- Former gunners projects

- Current gunners projects

To have some space for anything Guns-related like solo albums etc, but also for Bumble, Dizzy, Tommy etc their stuff.

I mentioned this earlier, so you've got my vote!

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The merging of Discussion & News and Original Gn'R isn't going to happen. There's not much logic in it, and really no reason to.

How do you guys feel about removing the Former Gunners section and replacing it with a "GnR Related / Side project" section?

Something like:

To have some space for anything Guns-related like solo albums etc, but also for Bumble, Dizzy, Tommy etc their stuff.

We're working on it, so I'll see what we can do and come up with. :)

As for the smileys, we haven't really be discussing any of that, but I'm sure we'll get to it eventually!

Something like:

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

I was thinking... since everyone basically searches for new on the general discussion forum, why not just transform GnR Related Newswire into a sticky thread on the general discussion forum, updating it with news? I'm sure more people would check the news like that...

I was thinking... since everyone basically searches for new on the general discussion forum, why not just transform GnR Related Newswire into a sticky thread on the general discussion forum, updating it with news? I'm sure more people would check the news like that...

Yeah, that's a great point!

Honestly I don't think so. Maybe make something like that, but don't get rid of the newswire section/newest headline feature.

Honestly I don't think so. Maybe make something like that, but don't get rid of the newswire section/newest headline feature.

Agreed.

Agreed.

No, keep the newest headline feature, but I don't really think people actually check the news section that much. Once there's relevant news, people discuss it in the general section, and once there's a discussion, people actually read what others have to say and the OP for the news. I think a sticky on the general section entitled "Guns N' Roses Latest Headlines" or something like that would end up being used a lot more.

MMM, I'd be more inclined to keep it the way it is. Just my opinion though...

Does anybody else think a subscription supporter system would be a good idea? I mean we've had a lot of very generous donations so far but those were one offs I imagine and I think a $5 a month for a year at a time or whatever would at least allow Subsy to plan longer term and if you signed only 30 people up that's half the monthly costs covered for a year! Bloody good idea even if I do say so myself! :)

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Yeah, that would be great. I was thinking of donating a small amount every month myself and do it manually, but if it can be done by some subscription it would obviously be... smoother.

Yeah, that would be great. I was thinking of donating a small amount every month myself and do it manually, but if it can be done by some subscription it would obviously be... smoother.

My thinking is that it gives Subs the luxury of knowing at least some of his monthly income months in advance and $5-$10 a month is fuck all unless you're from Ireland or Greece! :lol:

Ha god love ya - thanks, it's a great idea.

It's awkward enough looking like I'm 'asking' for donations though so i dont know. I guess you can donate at any time currently, so....?

At the minute I'm happy for people to see what money has been donated but I get your point though, i cant look beyond 3 months at a time with this thing, obviously. With that said, the donations to date have blown my mind, honestly!!!:) I know this full year will be a loss but as long as i'm looking like getting close to even, I'm happy. Again, the minute I earn a postive figure of +$0.01 from this forum, you'll all be the first to know.

I don't understand why we need so many sections when most of them are severely underused. Just look at the number of new topics on the front pages and the number of views for those topics. You need to reach a critical mass of new content in a section in order to bring sustained activity there and it's just not happening. I understand there's more work to do for the mod team when the sections aren't as neatly separated but just add more mods, it's not like you're paying them anything.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I think we should be able to have costume titles. Or at least Supporters or something like that. I know it's possible to get on the other site that uses IP Board. You know, instead of DEMI-GOD, GOD, OH MY GOD, FRONTMAN and whatever else the titles are, you should be able to change it yourself in your settings.

I think we should be able to have costume titles. Or at least Supporters or something like that. I know it's possible to get on the other site that uses IP Board. You know, instead of DEMI-GOD, GOD, OH MY GOD, FRONTMAN and whatever else the titles are, you should be able to change it yourself in your settings.

I don't know about custom titles but DEMI-GOD, GOD, SUPER GOD sound kinda stupid... we should come up with something GnR-related for those.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

As long as people don't put something offensive there, I see no problem. There's no extra work at all for the mods, it's just an extra setting. It's no worse than if people put something offensive in their signature, they can just delete it if it's something bad.

I liked to be called Björn Borg.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

This must be really hard to accomplish, I don't even know if it's possible using the forum's current host or whatever but... It'd be awesome if we found a way to update the threads and main section without having to refresh.

Idea:

(I doubt this can be implemented with this forum software, but it would be cool if it could.)

The post count is a measure of gauging the impact a member has had on the forum since they joined, and it's good, but it would be great if another one could be added: the total number of replies to threads that member has started.

:shrugs:

Hey how long do you think until the final rules are finished

I think ive stated before (might be wrong?), the aim is by this weekend - please appreciate though, we've made already significant changes in 6 weeks only!!

High's put the majority of work in generally and we're all under pressure in our normal work. Please do be patient.

Forum rules - Outlining Supporters benefits (next two issues on the agenda), thank you.:)

Hey how long do you think until the final rules are finished

I think ive stated before (might be wrong?), the aim is by this weekend - please appreciate though, we've made already significant changes in 6 weeks only!!

High's put the majority of work in generally and we're all under pressure in our normal work. Please do be patient.

Forum rules - Outlining Supporters benefits (next two issues on the agenda), thank you.:)

Awesome I tried my best to sound like I was being patient in my post. Also it's been Six Weeks? Time went by fast!

Edited by Haters Gonna Hate