How do you feel now that two extremes of stupidity in the Gn'R world (Volcano and BBA) are back to flame with each other ?

realpoti

It is obvious trolling when people keep polluting the main section with irrelevant trivia about some ex-members who haven't been part of GN'R for god knows how long. Just because you believe a certain subject is interesting doesn't give you any right to post it wherever you want. And if there is no sections on this forum where it naturally fits in, either because such a section simply doesn't exist, or because no one will visit the section to read it, then you are either on the wrong forum or you are interested in things no one else is. And that, bluntly, is only your own problem.

I thought it was an entertaining thread. Many others thought it was an entertaining thread. If you don't like it, don't read it and don't post in it. Also I'm not the one crying about it so in fairness whose problem is it really? ;)

Ultimately it is only the admins problem. Because if they don't stop all the fighting it will drive away the majority of members who are not interested in the constant, ensuing drama. It is obvious that there is a small but vocal minority who really enjoys all the drama and wants to prolong it. Members who are more interested in the social aspects of a fan community than the band itself, and really takes pleasure in the constant bickering, jokes, feuds... The problem is of course that all this drama takes focus away from the band itself, and the majority of members, who come here to read news, to discuss the band, will be less motivated to remain because they will have to sift through lots of irrelevant, repetitive posts to find what they thought the forum was about. mygnrforum risk ending up like so many GN'R fan forums: a small club for a few members who treat the forum as their own private pub.

That is the exact reason why I left another GN'R forum and returned to MYGNR! So I really hope that it's not what's gonna happen to this place. As for now I think MYGNR has the potential to be the biggest and best GN'R forum out there and as Subs said a lot of things are still undergoing change and it's gonna take a while so though people (including myself) sometimes gets frustrated we just need to be patient and wait for the final changes to be made and hopefully it will result in the drama going down a bit around here.

...is the correct answer!

Can I post YOUR post again and again when certain people keep questioning the structure or making the same points again and again and again (possibly for their own agenda....just perhaps though).

I can honestly state that this forum within the next 3 months will be the biggest and coolest GNR forum in the world, period. Soul' - we'll never stop "drama and fighting" with 41,000 members with differing views but i admit it's too much in the main section currently and i also admit it's frustrating some members here, again, we'll sort this within weeks once the full forum restructure has taken place, it will address all issues and concerns raised in all Support threads since the takeover. You'll be pleased to know Soul' that this place will grow, develop and be a really cool place to hang out!! :)

I clearly wouldn't say it if i didn't mean it or thought it wouldn't happen, and I'm not arrogant enough to think just because of our significant number of members that we can sit back, cigar in hand, watching this just tick over so let me say it again - the main section fighting must be dramatically reduced - It will. The forum needs a full re-structure - It will. There have been promises of cool changes, updates and one or two perks and surprises/exciting updates regards to news and features that are to be added over the coming weeks and months ahead; will this happen? - It will.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every thread in the main section will draw some attention because it is displayed to MANY more members (even obvious cupcake threads may survive for a long time) since most active members want to talk about the current lineup and remain in that section. And this is actually Dazey's justification for posting irrelevant threads in that section. The idea being that if these threads aren't there then no one will read them! Exactly: If these threads are so uninteresting that people won't bother to pay attention to them or spend the time to check their section regularly, then they can't really be very interesting to members. I bet this fact must be very uncomfortable to people who live in the past and wants to discuss old ex-members as if they are still relevant to GN'R. So they keep on posting them in the main section either because they want to cupcake the forum or because they mistake the attention the threads gather as some kind of warped validation that they really belonged in that section, completely disregarding that most of the response is a direct reaction to the pollution of the section and to the drama that unfolds.

Basically, what the forum is saying through its sectioning is: We don't care about what you care about, but we have made a section for you anyway and although we won't spend time there we hope you won't pollute other sections with your irrelevant interests. It's magnanimous from the admins and it is disrespectful to not adhere to this sectioning.

Goodness me, you need to calm down or it's you that'll be getting sectioned! <_<

Huh, have I done something wrong?

Segregating the forum doesn't help anything. All it does is give people reasons to cry about criticism by wanting them exiled. It's also very clear that some users(yourself included) just want to bitch and argue with people they have profiled as "haters" regardless of the subject. There will always be a natural divide between fans. There are several examples of forums trying to segregate the fanbase and/or exiling opinions they feel are not pro-Axl. It didn't go well at all. Allowing diverse opinions made this board the best and to turn a 180 is what would be bad for the forum, IMO.

You seem to have a lot of things mixed up. Dividing a forum into different sections to enable users to easily follow thread of interest, is not "exiling" parts of the fanbase and it is not not "allowing diverse opinions". Sectioning is not censoring.

Any forum with thousands of members and varied topics MUST do some sectioning otherwise the forum becomes hopeless to use. It is in the members best interest.

The problem here is not that some members wants to merge every category and create complete anarchy, but that they have a problem with having one section for current GN'R and one for old GN'R. That's what this is about. Don't make it anything more. I personally understand that criticism, and on my own site I have one section for everything GN'R (and one section for former members and their current projects). This works because my site is small and because I have members who aren't there to fight all the time. I do not doubt for one second that I would have done the same type of sectioning if I was an admin here, and wanted to protect the majority of members who are here to follow GN'R, from all the members who just want to argue and cupcake.

@UK SUBS

The placement of topics regarding the original line up in the tiny original GN'R subforums is the cause of a lot of the friction on the forum. Old and New GNR topics are equally popular topics and equally popular sides people favor. Many here like both sides the same. If there is any change that would improve this forum, it would be amicable to combine the New and Old GN'R sections together. It would neutralize the friction that exists between the two camps.

John F. Kennedy famously said, "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

Not that this forum is violent but it goes without saying that there would be far less trolling and drama if everyone got treated equally.

There is no separate old Robin/Buckethead era section for good reason and it makes little sense to separate the pre-1994 and reunion sections from the main one. It would be more placid if everyone could talk about different GN'R topics in the main section altogether.

Just my two cents.

@UK SUBS

The placement of topics regarding the original line up in the tiny original GN'R subforums is the cause of a lot of the friction on the forum. Old and New GNR topics are equally popular topics and equally popular sides people favor. Many here like both sides the same. If there is any change that would improve this forum, it would be amicable to combine the New and Old GN'R sections together. It would neutralize the friction that exists between the two camps.

John F. Kennedy famously said, "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

Not that this forum is violent but it goes without saying that there would be far less trolling and drama if everyone got treated equally.

There is no separate old Robin/Buckethead era section for good reason and it makes little sense to separate the pre-1994 and reunion sections from the main one. It would be more placid if everyone could talk about different GN'R topics in the main section altogether.

Just my two cents.

This^^^^^

I clearly wouldn't say it if i didn't mean it or thought it wouldn't happen, and

I'm not arrogant enough to think just because of our significant number of

members that we can sit back, cigar in hand, watching this just tick over so let

me say it again - the main section fighting must be dramatically reduced - It

will. The forum needs a full re-structure - It will. There have been promises

of cool changes, updates and one or two perks and surprises/exciting updates

regards to news and features that are to be added over the coming weeks and

months ahead; will this happen? - It will.

Target/ realistic timescale? 3/4 weeks away.

Moderating sensibly, in the interim period.

The placement of topics regarding the original line up in the tiny original GN'R subforums

What is tiny about any subsection? I am sure just as much hard drive space is allocated to each section ;). They are not tiny, but perhaps deserted. There is no reason why a section for old guns couldn't be just as popular and busy as any other section, but apparently there isn't enough interest in that topic and hence those few who wants to discuss old guns enforce themselves on the other more popular sections because they feel so very alone or because they enjoy annoying the fans of the current band.

If there is any change that would improve this forum, it would be amicable to combine the New and Old GN'R sections together. It would neutralize the friction that exists between the two camps.

Right now people post topics about former members and their irrelevant lives in the GN'R section and it really hasn't neutralized any friction, quite the opposite ;).

Everyone GETS treated equally. If you want to post about current guns, then you have a section for that, if you want to post about old guns, then you have a section for that. There is no discrimination at all.

The placement of topics regarding the original line up in the tiny original GN'R subforums

What is tiny about any subsection? I am sure just as much hard drive space is allocated to each section ;). They are not tiny, but perhaps deserted. There is no reason why a section for old guns couldn't be just as popular and busy as any other section, but apparently there isn't enough interest in that topic and hence those few who wants to discuss old guns enforce themselves on the other more popular sections because they feel so very alone or because they enjoy annoying the fans of the current band.

If there is any change that would improve this forum, it would be amicable to combine the New and Old GN'R sections together. It would neutralize the friction that exists between the two camps.

Right now people post topics about former members and their irrelevant lives in the GN'R section and it really hasn't neutralized any friction, quite the opposite ;).

Everyone GETS treated equally. If you want to post about current guns, then you have a section for that, if you want to post about old guns, then you have a section for that. There is no discrimination at all.

th_violin.gifth_violin.gifth_violin.gifth_violin.gifth_violin.gifth_violin.gif

Edited by Dazey

th_violin.gifth_violin.gifth_violin.gifth_violin.gifth_violin.gifth_violin.gif

Do you disagree with anything I wrote?

tl/dr Pretty sure it was mostly identical to your last nine or ten posts on the same topic.

Probably.

It's starting to go in circles mate,I think we've covered this ground quite sufficiently.

Thanks for your input,it was appreciated. :)

This right here is an example of the problem. Instead of just not reading it and moving on, he has to attack the former members and their "irrelevant lives"(lol give me a break) to fuel the friction.

Be a big boy and don't read it.

This right here is an example of the problem. Instead of just not reading it and moving on, he has to attack the former members and their "irrelevant lives"(lol give me a break) to fuel the friction.

Be a big boy and don't read it.

We've already thanked SoulMonster for his inciteful input and support for the restructure here,we are most appreciative.

We have all the info we need from him now,lots to ponder,but thank you SM.

Who knows,maybe we might just be taking some of his advice on certain aspects of the restructure to heart?

Guess he'll have to wait and seeeeeeeeeeee. ^_^

And once again,good luck on your own forum SM!! :)

We are sure you're very busy with plans of your own,daily upkeep and whatnot...so thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to offer your help to guide us in the right direction.

The support is appreciated,but really,we are starting to feel badly that so much of your time is being spent with our best interest at heart.

We urge you to take all that positive energy and apply it where it can best be served,your own forum.

Cheers man...from the mods,admins,reporters...thank you....now please feel free to go enjoy mygnr if you wish,while we get back to working on making this a pretty fucking cool place to hang out at. B)

We've already thanked SoulMonster for his inciteful input and support for the restructure here,we are most appreciative.

We have all the info we need from him now,lots to ponder,but thank you SM.

Who knows,maybe we might just be taking some of his advice on certain aspects of the restructure to heart?

Guess he'll have to wait and seeeeeeeeeeee. ^_^

And once again,good luck on your own forum SM!! :)

We are sure you're very busy with plans of your own,daily upkeep and whatnot...so thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to offer your help to guide us in the right direction.

The support is appreciated,but really,we are starting to feel badly that so much of your time is being spent with our best interest at heart.

We urge you to take all that positive energy and apply it where it can best be served,your own forum.

Cheers man...from the mods,admins,reporters...thank you....now please feel free to go enjoy mygnr if you wish,while we get back to working on making this a pretty fucking cool place to hang out at. B)

I think I may love you! :lol::wub: :wub: :wub:

I don't think I have advised anything per se, just defended the current sectioning as a sensible way to prevent friction.

What's with the condescending tone?

I don't think I have advised anything per se, just defended the current sectioning as a sensible way to prevent friction.

And it was appreciated,thank you. :)

What's with the condescending tone?

Sorry if it read that way to you,it was sincere and honesty was intended...I apologize.

We're looking at the info you offered within your comments,however presented,and will take it all in to consideration.

Your input was appreciated.

Cheers :)

Sorry if it read that way to you,it was sincere and honesty was intended...I apologize.

We're looking at the info you offered within your comments,however presented,and will take it all in to consideration.

Your input was appreciated.

Cheers :)

No problem, man, I appreciate the honesty. Cheers :)

SOAB - Like him or dislike him, agree with him or disagree with him, Ali is one of the most intelligent posters on this forum - it's your loss if you don't give his well articulated, thought out posts a read.

Well articulated, thought out sycophantic bollocks is still sycophantic bollocks however you want to spin it! :lol:

When there is nary an argument to make, go for the insult. Completely unoriginal and transparent as well.

Ali

SOAB - Like him or dislike him, agree with him or disagree with him, Ali is one of the most intelligent posters on this forum - it's your loss if you don't give his well articulated, thought out posts a read.

Well articulated, thought out sycophantic bollocks is still sycophantic bollocks however you want to spin it! :lol:

When there is nary an argument to make, go for the insult. Completely unoriginal and transparent as well.

Ali

Wasn't trying to make a valid argument, just stating a fact. :) I did give you credit for being articulate though. :lol: Have no idea what transparency has to do with anything though. Think ya just pulled that at random out of the acme book of big and clever sounding words didn'tcha? :lol: If by transparent you mean I had a thought and used words to express that clearly then yep ya got me! Maybe next time I'll say it in riddles or maybe even a nice Haiku? In fact here goes!

Ali likes to think

That Axl's shit doesn't stink

He must be mental

:D

Edited by Dazey

Ali

Wasn't trying to make a valid argument, just stating a fact. :) I did give you credit for being articulate though. :lol: Have no idea what transparency has to do with anything though. Think ya just pulled that at random out of the acme book of big and clever sounding words didn'tcha? :lol: If by transparent you mean I had a thought and used words to express that clearly then yep ya got me! Maybe next time I'll say it in riddles or maybe even a nice Haiku? In fact here goes!

Ali likes to think

That Axl's shit doesn't stink

He must be mental

:D

Dazey, it is not your responsibility to respond to -every- opinion posted in this thread, and similar ones. Let people breathe, for f sake.

Dazey, it is not your responsibility to respond to -every- opinion posted in this thread, and similar ones. Let people breathe, for f sake.

No! :lol:

Haha, fair play.

You want to be a mod eh? :tongue2:

I don't think I'd be a very popular choice somehow! :lol: