NEW Aerosmith Album - August 28th

The Real McCoy

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a return to form for Aerosmith but the song selections and sequencing should have been better. If they drop What could have been love and Something for Sunny side of love and Up on the mountain it sounds better and has a better flow.

Best tracks is Luv xxx, Street Jesus, Oh yeah, Tell me, Closer, Out go the lights

I think I'm the only person that likes "What Could Have Been Love" :blink:

No, it's my favorite off the album so far.

I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO IT!!!!

Surely one of Aerosmith all time best choruses.

This is a return to form for Aerosmith but the song selections and sequencing should have been better. If they drop What could have been love and Something for Sunny side of love and Up on the mountain it sounds better and has a better flow.

Best tracks is Luv xxx, Street Jesus, Oh yeah, Tell me, Closer, Out go the lights

I think I'm the only person that likes "What Could Have Been Love" :blink:

No, it's my favorite off the album so far.

I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO IT!!!!

Surely one of Aerosmith all time best choruses.

:thumbsup:

The boys have done good on this one!

I have to say, I'm genuinely disappointed by this album, maybe I need to give it a few more spins, but right now, I would go as far as to say it's probably their weakest album yet. It's just very bland, even for Aerosmith. Way too many AOR ballads, it's like every other fucking song is a re-write of I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing. And this is coming from someone who even enjoyed Just Push Play and Nine Lives. But this album is just distinctly average with no standout tracks at all.

They need to stop chasing the pop market for a hit.

Edited by Towelie

a good album would have been

lover alot

oh yeah

beautiful

legendary child

closer

out go the lights

something

street jesus

shaky ground

another last goodbye

bonus tracks-

up on the mountain

freedom fighter

no filler and lame ass ballads like we all fall down and wchbl that bring it down.

a good album would have been

lover alot

oh yeah

beautiful

legendary child

closer

out go the lights

something

street jesus

shaky ground

another last goodbye

bonus tracks-

up on the mountain

freedom fighter

no filler and lame ass ballads like we all fall down and wchbl that bring it down.

We All Fall Down is one of the only tracks I like.

That and Lover Alot, which, I agree, would make a great opener.

The album really is a stinker. Their worst album for sure. Way too much bland filler, and even the better tracks aren't that good.

Luv XXX, Love Alot and We All Fall Down are the best tracks, but they'd be amongst the weakest tracks on any other Aerosmith album.

The Carrie Underwood duet is awful... WCHBL is more of the same AOR ballad bullshit... Closer and Something are blatant filler... Oh Yeah is just another shameless Stones ripoff... Out Go The Lights is a case of them being so happy they came up with a half decent riff that they decided to repeat it for seven and half tedious minutes.

Music From Another Dimension makes Just Push Play sound like Rocks in comparison.

To me it's by far the weakest of the post-Columbia era (Permanent Vacation - present day), but still better than Night in the Ruts, Rock in a Hard Place and even Draw the Line and Done with Mirrors.

Are you serious? Better than Draw The Line? Every song on that album blows this album out of the water, Kings & Queens, Get It Up, Critical Mass, Draw The Line and Bright Light Fright are all brilliant tracks and far superior to anything on this shitty album.

To me it's by far the weakest of the post-Columbia era (Permanent Vacation - present day), but still better than Night in the Ruts, Rock in a Hard Place and even Draw the Line and Done with Mirrors.

Are you serious? Better than Draw The Line? Every song on that album blows this album out of the water, Kings & Queens, Get It Up, Critical Mass, Draw The Line and Bright Light Fright are all brilliant tracks and far superior to anything on this shitty album.

I'm not big on Draw The Line.

Also, my bad: Done With Mirrors is also Geffen. (And i prefer it to Draw The Line as well, by a small margin.)

• 9 months later...

I used to love this band, but they died after nine lives imo, and even that album is weaker than the previous ones imo. I don't care if they ever release an album again. I love every album from the 70's~ 90's, but the 21st century has not been kind to this band. It all went down hill after the armageddon song.

It's definitely a pretty weak album. They've been a singles band for a looooong time, though, and they're pretty past their prime as far as being able to record new material (they're one of those classic rock groups who put out an album more out of necessity to tour than anything else), so is it that disappointing or unexpected? It is what it is. I enjoyed a few tracks -- that's enough for me. I wasn't expecting a brilliant record.

Did anyone get a Men in Black time travel back to the 70s radio feeling from it?

It feels more like I'm listening to some random radio station in a cartoon 1970s. It's like the songs arent aerosmith songs but songs they heard on this station and then they played them for the album.

Edited by wasted

I was going to see them on Wednesday, but the cancelled the show. It was a sold out show. Only reason I can think of is they think they can sell out MBA like Metallica did for 2 nights. and they booked the football stadium with no air-con.