Does Axl care anymore?

Vincent Vega

575099_450573291638332_165819413447056_1580424_850751437_n.jpg

"Do I look like I care ?"

No, you look about as depressed as usual though.

Must be thinking about Slash

I misinterpreted that and then had to laugh at myself. I thought you meant Slash always looks depressed!

He must think about Slash some lot then because every picture of him he has that same straight sad face.

Oh yes, Axl should grin like a Cheshire cat 24/7 to prevent random people on the internet from diagnosing depression. Or better yet, giggle uncontrollably all day to sufficiently demonstrate his happiness. That would be the really normal thing to do.

Relax mate it was a joke..........

I'm just being helpful. :shrugs:

If we're detecting the state of Axl's personal happiness and what he's thinking about from a picture, we cant leave him wondering what the right and acceptable facial expressions are. We must give him clear instructions.

Man Axl fans are sure wound tight.........don't take this stuff so seriously it was a very light hearted joke .........as the original caption for the picture said Axl doesn't care............

Haha! Yeah, depression has always been such a funny, light-hearted kind of thing. We should all "unwind" and enjoy it properly.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes, Axl should grin like a Cheshire cat 24/7 to prevent random people on the internet from diagnosing depression. Or better yet, giggle uncontrollably all day to sufficiently demonstrate his happiness. That would be the really normal thing to do.

Well, a lot of this just seems code for 'Axl doesn't smile, so he must be depressed and evil and not care, unlike some others who smile a lot and are therefore happy and righteous and love their fans'. Admit it, you guys - that's what you're really thinking tongue2.gif

LOL. I've already requested that in the pinned mod announcement thread :D.

PS - it WAS meant as a joke, so follow your advice!

I believe he cares, but I think he's probably grown tired of fighting with the record company to release CD II. And I doubt he has as much confidence in this lineup as he did in the Buckethead lineup. Bucket is the only guitar player post Slash that was ever able to really fill Slash's shoes in a potentially iconic way. He was Axl's Randy Rhoads, and I would fire the whole band (sans Axl) if it meant Bucket would come back.

Edited by Randy Lahey

i think axl cares. be cool if he threw us a few bones. in the form of "unheard" new guns songs at concerts. or have more special guest appearances from chinese democracy members like robin and brain. robin blew the roof off the house when he performed better on the last tour. brain rocked the house too when he guest on the previous tour. combine with new songs....you have the perfect recipe for hardcore fans and new ones of guns n roses

He cares - he wouldn't be putting on 3 hours shows if he didn't!!!!

As for CD2 - IMO he won't cater to the 'fans' that always want everything given to them 'rght now'.

Axl works on 'Axl time'. CD2 will be released when he thinks it is ready!

I think we need to have some patience, I mean CD was released 16 years after Illusions. The wait for Cd2 cant be that long. Right???

I misinterpreted that and then had to laugh at myself. I thought you meant Slash always looks depressed!

He must think about Slash some lot then because every picture of him he has that same straight sad face.

If we're detecting the state of Axl's personal happiness and what he's thinking about from a picture, we cant leave him wondering what the right and acceptable facial expressions are. We must give him clear instructions.

Man Axl fans are sure wound tight.........don't take this stuff so seriously it was a very light hearted joke .........as the original caption for the picture said Axl doesn't care............

Haha! Yeah, depression has always been such a funny, light-hearted kind of thing. We should all "unwind" and enjoy it properly.

You prove my point mate

As for CD2 - IMO he won't cater to the 'fans' that always want everything given to them 'rght now'.

I think we need to have some patience, I mean CD was released 16 years after Illusions. The wait for Cd2 cant be that long. Right???

Nope

Even longer

then Axl retires

Maybe Axl just sits around all day reading the message boards. He's an internet entrepreneur now, by coming to this site, you are putting cash in his pocket, either directly or indirectly.

In case some of you hadn't noticed, when it comes to criticism, Axl is like the Terminator and the uber-gnr-fanboy-critics are like the cops. Surely, some of you had figured that out by now.

As I always say, trolling Axl on the internet is not going to get you what you want.

he still cares you dont put on 3 hr shows if you dont care, albums now by musicians come our 4-6 years or so yeah it sucks we waited so long for CD but it was released less than 4 years ago, i still think we will get another album within the next 2 years or so

Nope

Even longer

then Axl retires

LOL

He doesn't put a 3-hour show, the band does. Even Bumblefoot with a fucked-up back does his best to put a hell of a show night after night. I think the new guys have more love for Guns N' Roses than Axl, really.

He doesn't put a 3-hour show, the band does. Even Bumblefoot with a fucked-up back does his best to put a hell of a show night after night. I think the new guys have more love for Guns N' Roses than Axl, really.

Despite your views on Guns, I actually like you as a poster and you are often balanced and sensible. But I really wanted a facepalm for this.

This has to be a nominee for one of the most brainless topics on mygnr year to date. Why is Axl so deadset ont he production of the show, sound, etc, being perfect and playing three hour shows where he is constantly trying to push himself and the band to new limits? Moreover, I think there is no doubt a plan and a building fire by this line-up to get a new album out. I really think they maybe recording stuff on the road, as well as tweaking the 5 to 10 best songs leftover from the CD sessions. I am pretty sure they have a few new songs ready to play live if the time is right. The vibe I get from this band, is the best since late 1990 when they were touring and very determined to get the Illusions out. Think of this, one can argue legitimately that GN'R is the best live band, or at least best live hard rock band on the planet right now. Axl is the leader. Obviously, he cares...in fact more than many here could ever imagine I am sure. Another thing--why would he surround himself with the most reputable, sought after musicians in the world if he didn't care? Every guy in this band could have a slot in a number of other fairly high profile acts in a second if they weren't in GN'R.

Roger Waters hasn't released a new album since 1992 and has been on a 3 year tour of a 30 year old album. Does he care anymore? Of course, his live show kicks an unbelievable amount of ass. Same with Axl. Touring old material that audiences connect with does not mean you do not care.

Axl plays his biggest hits from back in the day and 6-8 songs from his newest album (which came out 3.5 years ago) and still commands the crowd like few can and sings his ass off. If he didn't care he'd play 90 minute shows like everyone else

You prove my point mate

Why are jokes only funny when directed at Axl? Surely those who make jokes about him can deal with some sarcastic humour aimed their own way.

And what do we make of Axl rocking the house with an injured leg and a fractured shoulder and still not shortening the show to 90 minutes? Does that not show that he loves Guns N Roses and cares about the fans?

Axl isnt on stage for 3 whole hours but its not as if he gets to fall asleep and snore away during the solos or the few seconds he's away during songs - he has to stay engaged so that he can return and take up his part again. He plays for an awfully long time, much much longer than he has to. To try to deny credit for this is just plain unfair.

And what do we make of Axl rocking the house with an injured leg and a fractured shoulder and still not shortening the show to 90 minutes? Does that not show that he loves Guns N Roses and cares about the fans?

Axl isnt on stage for 3 whole hours but its not as if he gets to fall asleep and snore away during the solos or the few seconds he's away during songs - he has to stay engaged so that he can return and take up his part again. He plays for an awfully long time, much much longer than he has to. To try to deny credit for this is just plain unfair.

Uhm, yes, that's actually true and it wasn't my intention to be unfair. I just hate that he doesn't rehearsal.