Who is the better keyboardist: Dizzy Reed or Chris Pitman?

Randy Lahey

Who is the better keyboardist: Dizzy Reed or Chris Pitman? I would say it is hands down Chris Pitman, and for the life of me I can't figure out why Axl keeps two keyboard players around. Seriously, there's no need for another keyboard player when you've got a setup like the one below.

chris-pitman-personal-photo-7.jpg

Edited by Randy Lahey

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't figure out why Axl keeps two keyboard players around. Seriously, there's no need for another keyboard player when you've got a setup like the one below.

because you can't play piano while you are triggering multiple fx's, pads, and other arrangements.... except if you're an octopus

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I like Pitman a lot more. As a musician & character. But he'd probably be too drunk to handle SOD etc., he'd rather lurk behind the scenes sipping vodka & pressing buttons to initiate brilliance.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Pitman co-wrote Madagascar and If The World with Axl. That's more than Dizzy has ever contributed in his 20 plus years of service to GNR. I wish Axl would fire Dizzy and let Pitman have more of a role in the shows. I'm sure Mother Goose could come up with something far more entertaining than Dizzy's awful piano version of Baba O'Riley. I would love watching Chris pay homage to the great Jam Hammer by playing the Miami Vice theme as an intro for If The World.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I like Pitman a lot more. As a musician & character. But he'd probably be too drunk to handle SOD etc., he'd rather lurk behind the scenes sipping vodka & pressing buttons to initiate brilliance.

That's why he doesn't do anything productive for the band nowadays.

I still vote Dizzy

but dizzy is the past. pitman is the future.

Loooool

Both of them past

Edited by Motivation

Guest Broskirose

Let's be honest here. Dizzy is very mediocre. He is not by any stretch of the imagination, a great player. Very sloppy and generally boring imo.

Chris on the other hand is a real musician. I'd take his creative direction over Dizzy's generic playing any day. Sometimes the little background fills and tricks make the song. Chris Pitman is a legend.

Who can forget his epic Catcher In The Rye keyboard solo in the demo (which was unfortunatly drowned out by Dizzy and Bumblefoot in the final mix)?

Pitman for life. rock3

Let's be honest here. Dizzy is very mediocre. He is not by any stretch of the imagination, a great player. Very sloppy and generally boring imo.

Chris on the other hand is a real musician. I'd take his creative direction over Dizzy's generic playing any day. Sometimes the little background fills and tricks make the song. Chris Pitman is a legend.

Who can forget his epic Catcher In The Rye keyboard solo in the demo (which was unfortunatly drowned out by Dizzy and Bumblefoot in the final mix)?

Pitman for life. rock3

You are the worst cupcake on this forum.

Ever

Even worse than BBA or lolcano

Let's be honest here

Lets be "avantgarde and nerd here"

Edited by Motivation

Guest Broskirose

Pitman for life. rock3

You are the worst cupcake on this forum.

Ever

Even worse than BBA or lolcano

I'm not a cupcake. facepalm.gif

Who can forget his epic Catcher In The Rye keyboard solo in the demo

I can :thumbsup:

And the rest of the world does not known his existence in the band...

Pitman is the better all-around musician. He plays the 12-string on ITW, does he not? I think he plays bass too. Maybe not on the actual album, but I'm fairly sure he does.

Yeah, but the question is: who is the better keyboardist? it doesn't really matter if he play his nose on a 12 string guitar or whatever...

Edited by Motivation

Guest Broskirose
Who can forget his epic Catcher In The Rye keyboard solo in the demo

I can :thumbsup:

And the rest of the world does not known his existence in the band...

Are you trying to tell me that popularity is what makes a musician good or not? There are tons of great musicians who never leave their bedroom. What's your point? I take by that logic, you're a big Justin Bieber fan then, eh?