Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

I met Buckethead after a show!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

xGNRxSTARx

xGNRxSTARx

GN'R EDUCATOR(TM)

• Supporters
  • 5,688 posts
  • 15-February 06

Still waiting to hear the story... :)

Sorry about that! Buckethead played here back in April in a really cool venue owned by Ani Difranco ( I don't think many people here will know who she is) http://www.babeville...com/asbury_hall

Anyway, there were not many people at this show. It was advertised as Frankenstein Brothers feat. Buckethead and That 1 Guy. I had my vinyl Chinese Democracy with me. I tried to get him on the way coming into the venue as the door to the "backstage" is fairly accessible. Bucket's Manager or whatever he is (dude might be his Cousin, I have no idea) told me he would not sign my ChiDem. I had Dizzy,Rich and Ron all sign it with my name on it so obviously it is for me and not to be sold on Ebay. He also told me Bucket would not stop for a picture. Mind you there was not a single other person waiting to meet him but my friend and I.

Some of you guys might know Bucket's handler. He appears on stage with some kind of surgical mask gimmick.

After the show,we went to the back. It wasn't over for more than 2 minutes and Bucket walked out the back door with his guitar. His Manager/Roadie walked him out of the venue towards their van (which had black garbage bags all over the windows so you couldn't see inside) and again told me no when I asked Bucket for a pic. Bucket though decided to stop and take the photo. He waited a good minute while my friend tried to get her I-phone to snap the pic. It was fucking cold out so maybe he felt bad for us. I'd much rather get a pic than an autograph but next time I definitley will try to get him to sign my Chi Dem vinyl. He didn't say anything and only gestured "yes" with his head when I asked if we could please get a photo.

I feel bad that I met him when there are people on here that are way bigger fans of his. From what I was told, it is pretty rare these days that he takes photos with fans. Anyway I'm up to 6 of the 21 or so guys I could get pics with who were in GnR (Bucket,Adler,Ron,Rich,Dizzy and Dj)

Someone thought the pic was fake. I'm not THAT bored to fake a picture with Bucket but maybe one of his biger fans could verify that it is him based on his hands, the guitar etc.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx, 13 July 2012 - 05:11 PM.

Formerly RANCID PUNKS. Always happy to GNR-Educate™ a Broham. It's good to be home,kids!

"You should probably be quiet considering you were still swimming in your dad's sack when GNR were a functioning band.

We have memories. You have what you've been told. I doubt anyone needs a high school kid to remind them of GNR facts"-Rustycage to wfuckinga-1/2/14

UK SUBS

UK SUBS

FRONTMAN

• Admins
  • 11,203 posts
  • 03-October 03

Sorry about that! Buckethead played here back in April in a really cool venue owned by Ani Difranco ( I don't think many people here will know who she is) http://www.babeville...com/asbury_hall

Anyway, there were not many people at this show. It was advertised as Frankenstein Brothers feat. Buckethead and That 1 Guy. I had my vinyl Chinese Democracy with me. I tried to get him on the way coming into the venue as the door to the "backstage" is fairly accessible. Bucket's Manager or whatever he is (dude might be his Cousin, I have no idea) told me he would not sign my ChiDem. I had Dizzy,Rich and Ron all sign it with ny name on it so obviously it is for me and not to be sold on Ebay. He also told me Bucket would not stop for a picture. Mind you there was not a single other person waiting to meet him but my friend and I.

After the show,we went to the back. It wasn't over for more than 2 minutes and Bucket walked out the back door with his guitar. His Manager/Roadie walked him out of the venue towards their van (which had black garbage bags all over the windows so you couldn't see inside) and again told me no when I asked Bucket for a pic. Bucket though decided to stop and take the photo. He waited a good minute while my friend tried to get her I-phone to snap the pic. It was fucking cold out so maybe he felt bad for us. I'd much rather get a pic than an autograph but next time I definitley will try to get him to sign my Chi Dem vinyl. He didn't say anything and only gestured "yes" with his head when I asked if we could please get a photo.

I feel bad that I met him when there are people on here that are way bigger fans of his. From what I was told, it is pretty rare these days that he takes photos with fans. Anyway I'm up to 6 of the 21 or so guys I could get pics with who were in GnR (Bucket,Adler,Ron,Rich,Dizzy and Dj)

ha, nice!

uksubssigs.jpg

Axl_morris

Axl_morris

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 6,215 posts
  • 03-February 05
Cool story, however, what a cunt for being such a dick to his fans. Not on this occasion but if he generally refuses pictures and signatures then he's a class A dick.

Blacked out cars so he can take his mask off so a couple of people can't see his face, what an idiot.

EDIT: okay that might sound a bit harsh towards bucket, but his arrogance infuriates me.

Edited by Axl_morris, 13 July 2012 - 05:32 PM.

33505513.jpg

My fan page - www.facebook.com/gnrukeuro

batman007

batman007

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 5,732 posts
  • 23-July 06
Very cool! I'm glad you didn't give up and persisted! CD wouldn't of been CD without buckethead;

The Black

The Black

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • 20-February 06
Very cool story man. Shame he wouldn't quickly sign your vinyl, but at least you got a pic out of the experience.

ColdHeartBreaker

ColdHeartBreaker

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts
  • 16-September 09

Cool story, however, what a cunt for being such a dick to his fans. Not on this occasion but if he generally refuses pictures and signatures then he's a class A dick.

Blacked out cars so he can take his mask off so a couple of people can't see his face, what an idiot.

EDIT: okay that might sound a bit harsh towards bucket, but his arrogance infuriates me.

It's just how Bucket rolls. Calm down. :lol:

He hand-drew images on to a batch of CD's that were released, he's pretty generous to his fans even if he's a bit mysterious in general.

Edited by MoonWalker, 19 July 2012 - 09:42 PM.

"What I really meant was that the sound of the guitar is very happy. "

Young_Gun

Young_Gun

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,211 posts
  • 03-March 08

Last I heard he doesn't keep fans waiting 1.5 hours to get on stage though.

DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Forum Chaplain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,547 posts
  • 03-January 04
Those fingers are pretty freakishly long.

earthrise.jpg

Attention World:

"Loose" means something is not tight, for example "My shoelace is loose."

"Lose" means to misplace or to not win. Examples include, "Keep your keys in your pocket so you don't lose them," and, "The Yankees are going to lose tonight and every day this week for sure because they suck."

Thank you.

lukepowell1988

lukepowell1988

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts
  • 05-September 11
i love the mystery of buckethead

Guns "N" Roses !!!

The Linguini Occurrence

The Linguini Occurrence

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,917 posts
  • 01-October 11

i love the mystery of buckethead

Best part is the dude never ages, he could perform into his 70's and still look the same ;)

ErinHeidi_zps257237e3.jpg

Carne_asaDA

Carne_asaDA

FRONTMAN

• Returned
  • 10,556 posts
  • 12-May 02
About the show,..................tell me that That 1 Guy wasn't nice!!! He frequents Omaha about twice a year and I never miss a show. The first time I seen him, he opened up for Buckethead. Then they did a set together.
SIGNATURE EDITED: PLEASE CHECK SIGNATURE GUIDELINES: http://www.mygnrforu...?showtopic=9592

Estranged Reality

Estranged Reality

=:-o

• Admins
  • 14,553 posts
  • 04-November 06
i'm happy you got to meet him, but can i be honest with you?

i don't think he'll ever sign your ChiDem vinyl. i've heard from a few people now that buckethead doesn't really acknowledge his stint in GN'R. i don't think he carried many good memories/feelings away from it, so that's most likely why the manager told you he wouldn't sign it. he's apparently walked away from fans when they've brought GN'R up backstage.

it's a shame, but i can't blame him for feeling burned by his time in GN'R. :(

Posted Image

And there was damage done but I made it home and woke up on the floor

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,410 posts
  • 09-March 08

Anyway, there were not many people at this show. It was advertised as Frankenstein Brothers feat. Buckethead and That 1 Guy. I had my vinyl Chinese Democracy with me. I tried to get him on the way coming into the venue as the door to the "backstage" is fairly accessible. Bucket's Manager or whatever he is (dude might be his Cousin, I have no idea) told me he would not sign my ChiDem. I had Dizzy,Rich and Ron all sign it with my name on it so obviously it is for me and not to be sold on Ebay. He also told me Bucket would not stop for a picture. Mind you there was not a single other person waiting to meet him but my friend and I.

Some of you guys might know Bucket's handler. He appears on stage with some kind of surgical mask gimmick.

Someone thought the pic was fake. I'm not THAT bored to fake a picture with Bucket but maybe one of his biger fans could verify that it is him based on his hands, the guitar etc.

cool story, buckethead is an amazing guitar player but he has had his share of ailments in recent years, he will always be in my top 10 guitar players of all time, so awesome you got to meet him :thumbsup:

shallan_zps2f2c7265.jpg

“Ah, the outdoors,' Shallan said. 'I visited that mythical place once.” 

volcano62

volcano62

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 11,728 posts
  • 16-February 09

i don't think he'll ever sign your ChiDem vinyl. i've heard from a few people now that buckethead doesn't really acknowledge his stint in GN'R. i don't think he carried many good memories/feelings away from it, so that's most likely why the manager told you he wouldn't sign it. he's apparently walked away from fans when they've brought GN'R up backstage.

You might be right. It's fucked that he's not proud of his great work on CD :unsure:

Robin also blows my mind by leaving right before the record was released. All those years of blood, sweat and tears just wasted and ignored.

Estranged Reality

Estranged Reality

=:-o

• Admins
  • 14,553 posts
  • 04-November 06

You might be right. It's fucked that he's not proud of his great work on CD :unsure:

Robin also blows my mind by leaving right before the record was released. All those years of blood, sweat and tears just wasted and ignored.

it's my opinion that robin held on through '06, as axl repeatedly claimed the record would be released that year; but i think after it got delayed again, he just got fed up and had better offers waiting for him elsewhere. i also get the feeling that robin is someone who cares a lot about his fans and i know he must have been receiving uncountable emails back then from people asking about the album, the delays, etc. he probably just felt a little burned by it all but probably not quite as burned as buckethead, considering the finger got pointed at bucket for cancellations/delays even after he had allegedly already left the band 'unofficially' a year before the rio gig.

people have claimed bucket used GN'R to further his solo career, but he really hasn't capitalized upon his time in GN'R at all since leaving. i think he was genuinely proud/excited to be in the band and felt really personally insulted/sad about how things played out (or failed to play out, actually).

Posted Image

And there was damage done but I made it home and woke up on the floor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users