Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

I met Buckethead after a show!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

ColdHeartBreaker

ColdHeartBreaker

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,630 posts
  • 16-September 09
Didn't he go to Disney land with Axl?

That's a close bond right there.
 "What I really meant was that the sound of the guitar is very happy. "

Guest_ben_*

Guest_ben_*
  • Guests
  • --

i'm happy you got to meet him, but can i be honest with you?

i don't think he'll ever sign your ChiDem vinyl. i've heard from a few people now that buckethead doesn't really acknowledge his stint in GN'R. i don't think he carried many good memories/feelings away from it, so that's most likely why the manager told you he wouldn't sign it. he's apparently walked away from fans when they've brought GN'R up backstage.

it's a shame, but i can't blame him for feeling burned by his time in GN'R. :(

You might be right. It's fucked that he's not proud of his great work on CD :unsure:

Robin also blows my mind by leaving right before the record was released. All those years of blood, sweat and tears just wasted and ignored.

I think Robin held on as much as he could bear it but ultimately needed to focus on his own direction, which was for the best. He probably didn't even know the album would be coming out when it did, it seems to have been a guessing game for everyone outside of Axl's own circle.

ZoSoRose

ZoSoRose

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts
  • 14-December 08
its a shame bucket doesnt embrace his contributions. the guitar playing on chidem is amazing and thats in big part to him.
at least robin showed he isnt ashamed by jamming on better in LA this year

Guns N' Roses- London Ontario 2010, Auburn Hills Michigan 2011, Detroit Michigan 2012 | Slash- Auburn Hills Michigan 2011, Grand Rapids Michigan 2012, Detroit Michigan 2012, Lansing Michigan 2013 | Duff McKagan- Cleveland Ohio 2012 | Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony- Cleveland Ohio 2012 | Buckethead- Detroit Michigan 2011 | Walking Papers- Clarkston Michigan 2013 | The Dead Daisies- Clarkston Michigan 2013| Met Slash, Duff, Ron, Richard, Dizzy and DJ

sugaraylen

sugaraylen

I am a Gunner!

• Supporters
  • 25,095 posts
  • 14-February 10
y'know what i've never understood? These people that go to gigs to get their viynl signed, where the fuck do you leave it during the show? I suppose not everybody has to bunk on the trains.

ARSENAL TIL I DIE

Fearless N***** get slapped in Manhattan

For rappin'

Big Ghost steps off laughin'

volcano62

volcano62

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,728 posts
  • 16-February 09

y'know what i've never understood? These people that go to gigs to get their viynl signed, where the fuck do you leave it during the show? I suppose not everybody has to bunk on the trains.

It's weird lol I can't picture myself holding on to something for a whole show. Just holding my beer annoys me.

ARX77

ARX77

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • 04-January 12

i'm happy you got to meet him, but can i be honest with you?

i don't think he'll ever sign your ChiDem vinyl. i've heard from a few people now that buckethead doesn't really acknowledge his stint in GN'R. i don't think he carried many good memories/feelings away from it, so that's most likely why the manager told you he wouldn't sign it. he's apparently walked away from fans when they've brought GN'R up backstage.

it's a shame, but i can't blame him for feeling burned by his time in GN'R. :(

Its a shame he feels that way regarding his stint in GnR. Even if things didnt go as planned, even Bucket has to realize he's able to make a better living and is more well known due to his time in GnR. I wonder if he cringes when he hears BBF's take on his solo's? I honestly think BBF does a good job
If you hunger for what you see you'll take it eventually
You can have everything you want but you better not take it from me

themadcaplaughs

themadcaplaughs

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • 23-November 11

I'd much rather get a pic than an autograph but next time I definitley will try to get him to sign my Chi Dem vinyl. He didn't say anything and only gestured "yes" with his head when I asked if we could please get a photo.

Putting anything Guns N" Roses related in front of him is a bad idea. One of my friends worked with him in the past, and it was practically forbidden to mention anything about his time in the band. He said on the few occasions that a fan has mentioned Guns N' Roses after a show or brought an album, Buckethead's behavior has ranged from walking away or even doing something drastic like tossing the CD to the side.

spunko12345

spunko12345

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts
  • 25-January 08

I'd much rather get a pic than an autograph but next time I definitley will try to get him to sign my Chi Dem vinyl. He didn't say anything and only gestured "yes" with his head when I asked if we could please get a photo.

Putting anything Guns N" Roses related in front of him is a bad idea. One of my friends worked with him in the past, and it was practically forbidden to mention anything about his time in the band. He said on the few occasions that a fan has mentioned Guns N' Roses after a show or brought an album, Buckethead's behavior has ranged from walking away or even doing something drastic like tossing the CD to the side.

I wouldn't expect a 7 year old child to be that pathetic.
Jmapelian - i'll agree w/ the guy who said axl is bat-shit crazy

shutupandsing - And I'll agree with the first person that calls you a self-important little half-baked cunt cake.

Mike420

Mike420

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • 24-August 06
So let me get this straight? If Axl acts weird or eccentric he is pissing on his fans, but if Buckethead does it he is mysterious? Double Standard anyone?
I like the old band, I like the new band, I even liked that freaky 2001/02 band. Can't we all just get along??????

SONOFABITCH

SONOFABITCH

Now You're Messin' With A....

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts
  • 11-April 05

Awesome, seeing him live is on my bucket list, and meeting him would cap it all off.

Congrats mate!

Buckethead is on yout bucket list? That's very bucketey.

izzydoezit

izzydoezit

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • 12-April 12

I would like to have a conversation with him puppet to puppet

you want a private room with just you and Herbie?

I wonder if that would count as a BJ or a HJ.

ThinkAboutYou

ThinkAboutYou

BADASS MOFO

• Supporters
  • 11,878 posts
  • 20-July 02

hmm good question

6jn2px.jpg

"They stole my fuckin cheeseburgers!"

Gunns

Gunns

and dont you forget it!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,509 posts
  • 12-December 08

hmm good question

depends if you're palms are sweaty or not

ThinkAboutYou

ThinkAboutYou

BADASS MOFO

• Supporters
  • 11,878 posts
  • 20-July 02

hmm good question

depends if you're palms are sweaty or not

I'm going with it being both a BJ and HJ

6jn2px.jpg

"They stole my fuckin cheeseburgers!"

izzydoezit

izzydoezit

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • 12-April 12
It will be a BH-J then. (bucket head job that is)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users