What's your favorite incarnation of New GNR?

Randy Lahey

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You took the discussion to another level (which I'm not interested in)

Chinese Democracy = Rose, Tobias, Reed, Finck, Stinson, Pitman, Bucket, Mantia, Freese, Costanzo & Scaturro.

With songs that would sound nothing like they do without Ron.

The only way I can really say one way or another is to hear what new tunes this current lineup are capable of, but I do feel that this current lineup is the most tight and energetic live unit of any post-97 lineups

Chinese Democracy = Rose, Tobias, Reed, Finck, Stinson, Pitman, Bucket, Mantia, Freese, Costanzo & Scaturro.

Songs that wouldn't exist without the guys that have songwriter credits on CD.

Chinese Democracy would be shit without Patti Hood.

Patti Hood = TIL

TIL = CD

CD = GNR

Patti Hood = GNR

your position sounds like that.. :rolleyes:

Edited by Juan Pablo

True, they would sound much better without him

Songs that wouldn't exist without the guys that have songwriter credits on CD.

Chinese Democracy would be shit without Patti Hood.

Patti Hood = TIL

TIL = CD

CD = GNR

Patti Hood = GNR

your position sounds like that.. :rolleyes:

That is one of the dumbest comparisons that I have ever seen made on this board.

Ron's contributions to CD are exactly equal to Slash's contributions on most of the pre-CD material. That is not opinion, it is fact.

How you choose to deal with that fact is up to you.

Another opinion that I have no interest in, or that I care to debate.

That's exactly right. I don't like any of Ron's work on CD. He sure is a stand-up guy though.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

The current line-up has nothing NEW. It is a cover from the classic hard-rock line-up.

That's because it hasn't had an opportunity to release an album. And the comparison to 'classic' GN'R is a nonsense; Bumblefoot & Fortus bear no resemblance to anything related to old Guns N' Roses. Even the DJ comparision is completely in terms of appearance. The writers in the band (Pitman etc) aren't at all like those who were penning the Appetite/UYI hits. Sound evolution will continue.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I like all incarnations of New Guns N' Roses. Buckethead's departure was disappointing but then Bumblefoot came in. Mantia was an impressive drummer but Frank is a continuation of that. Fortus bettered GN'R as a live animal when he came in for Tobias. I admit that I would rather Robin Finck to DJ but I personally do not abhor DJ like a lot, in fact I like him, both personally and as a musician.

2001, 2002, 2006, 2007, 2010; there hasn't been anything to complain about. I like them all. I'd like to stick with one incarnation for a while this time, so I'm hoping the current incarnation can sustain for a bit.

i agree. chinese democracy is axl rose, robin finck, buckethead, tommy stinson, paul tobias, dizzy reed, chris pittman, josh, and brain

I'd say musically I liked the 2002 version. I didn't really think the look the right though. The post-CD version of Guns would be my favorite simply because they have amazing stage chemistry, are interacting with fans, and seem like they are (eventually) going to release something soon. However, if something isn't released by the end of the year I will be disappointed but keep seeing them every time the come around.

Ron's contributions to CD are exactly equal to Slash's contributions on most of the pre-CD material. That is not opinion, it is fact.

Strongly disagree! Slash was a primary songwriter as well as solo king, I'm sure bumble will have a much more expansive role on new material someday however.

That is one of the dumbest comparisons that I have ever seen made on this board.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

and you talked dumbest comparisons?

you're dumb nevertheless

The current line up by far. I love what Bucket and the guys did on the record but as a band, a band that tours and shit, this is the best lineup since the Use Your Illusion days.

good point. 4 me, i look at the record. robin finck, buckethead, tommy, and brain kick ass on the chinese democracy record together. like a live band. very tight. big time chemistry with one another