I MET AXL and AGAIN!

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Amazing stuff. A hearty congrats, SLAA.

The reason Axl can't do this here is the dealers. In Philly, this is exactly how he was behaving, but he was mobbed by a pack of dealers and had to rush. Wen no one is there shoving 8 drum heads and 12 records in his face at once, it's a lot easier to be nice and patient. Glad to see him being such a cool dude on such a regular basis now, starting with the Up Close shows and now this. Class act, this dude is. You see any other rock stars of his caliber doing this night after night, on top of a 3 hour show? Fuck the assholes who say Axl doesn't care about his fans. They're wrong, and here's my proof.

I know the fans are different in the US, but dealing with eBayers is just part of the culture here. I know it sucks, and in no way am I defending assholes who want 30 things signed so they can sell them, but I just don't think those types of people should affect the way real fans are treated.

It shouldn't, but it's unavoidable. In Philly, for example, Richard was clearly in a hurry. He stopped to sign 5-6 autographs before leaving. Every single autograph he signed was for a dealer. He didn't mean to, but it was how it worked out. Dude is one of my favorite musicians out there right now, and I missed a chance to meet him because of dealers. When you're Axl, it's even harder. You wanna sign for the patient, real fans, but the dealers push and shove us out of the way and ruin it. It's not that Axl doesn't want to treat the fans well, it's that it's damn near impossible with that many violent, selfish asshole dealers pushing through.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he's doing it because of the HOF. If Axl really gave a shit what people thought of him he would've shown up for it, anyway. He's always been way more tolerant and patient with non-US fans for some reason. Yes, I know the paparazzi isn't the same in other countries, but still. I never heard ANY stories of Axl hanging out backstage after any of the US tours. I mean, he would stop and sign stuff, but he was nowhere near as personable as this. It seems like for the US shows he just wants to get the fuck out of the building and get to the club as soon as he can.

I know this perception that Axl doesn't give a shit what people think is not always meant as an insult to him, but it's a fallacy. Those close to him have often described him as very sensitive, which is what motivates him to frequently respond to his critics. We all know about the lengthy HOF statement he released last month, which included not being "respected or wanted" as reasons for not attending. Why put forth the time and effort to write and release the statement if he didn't give a crap what people think?

And what about the whole Madison thing? If he didn't give a crap what people think, why did he go off the way he did just because somebody thought he was banning Slash gear? People who truly don't give a crap what others think about them don't go around disputing every negative thing they hear, and they don't instruct their employees to do it for them.

The one story I recall where Axl showed up at a North American Tour aftershow last year was the one with the hot Brazilian girls who videotaped Axl saying hello to the camera.

I know this perception that Axl doesn't give a shit what people think is not always meant as an insult to him, but it's a fallacy. Those close to him have often described him as very sensitive, which is what motivates him to frequently respond to his critics. We all know about the lengthy HOF statement he released last month, which included not being "respected or wanted" as reasons for not attending. Why put forth the time and effort to write and release the statement if he didn't give a crap what people think?

And what about the whole Madison thing? If he didn't give a crap what people think, why did he go off the way he did just because somebody thought he was banning Slash gear? People who truly don't give a crap what others think about them don't go around disputing every negative thing they hear, and they don't instruct their employees to do it for them.

The one story I recall where Axl showed up at a North American Tour aftershow last year was the one with the hot Brazilian girls who videotaped Axl saying hello to the camera.

They apparently waited for many hours before meeting him, they said they just refused to leave.

Regarding the Ebayers & their pushiness, they blocked me for complaining about it on their so called videos which proved that the autographs were legitimate. I also complained they were pushing the real fans aside - they left me a message to not watch their stuff & blocked me dry.gif

Say what you want about the new management, but the positive vibe in the GN'R camp since they took the reins is very tangible.

thumbsup.gif here's to good things from Beta and team for all of us in GN'R land. I'm so excited.

I don't think he's doing it because of the HOF. If Axl really gave a shit what people thought of him he would've shown up for it, anyway. He's always been way more tolerant and patient with non-US fans for some reason. Yes, I know the paparazzi isn't the same in other countries, but still. I never heard ANY stories of Axl hanging out backstage after any of the US tours. I mean, he would stop and sign stuff, but he was nowhere near as personable as this. It seems like for the US shows he just wants to get the fuck out of the building and get to the club as soon as he can.

People seem to forget he is flesh and blood,not simply a " rockstar"

Madison had been begging for a beatdown, I have no pity for her.

I almost met izzy!!! I missed him by like 5 minutes!!! Argggghhh

Stroke of luck though I snuck backstage

Izzy smiled and waved at me during dead flowers. I nearly died!! I was the only one jumping up and singing. No one else knew the song. Last night was the best!!!

Guest Gunns

Izzy smiled and waved at me during dead flowers. I nearly died!! I was the only one jumping up and singing. No one else knew the song. Last night was the best!!!

glad you had a great time again slaa :thumbsup::lol: , did you manage to meet Axl again?

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Sucks that you missed Izzy by just five minutes. Glad you got to see him though. Seems to have been quite a show.

iftheworld, laura dern you're thinking of? And yeah smh at some b*tch taking his boots, some dee-bo type sh*t lol

and don't feel too bad alstonuk but I love that pic SLAA

I don't feel too bad, got to hear Shacklers live. Unlucky SLAA, would've been great to meet Izzy!

I did rock3

but not many people near me knew it but was just nodding along.

Where were you standing? And last night really was the best :)

Anyone else think Axl seems to like tolerating GNR fans in other countries waayyyy more than US fans? He's taking time signing stuff for everyone, posing for pitchers, having a beer (is that a Stella?) backstage...meanwhile in the US he's getting into fights with the paparazzi and telling eBayers to fuck off. :lol:

His image took a serious hit because of the HOF thing, it shouldn't be a surprise that he's now trying to show he's not the bad guy he was made out to be last month (at least in the US). Hopefully the theft of his boots doesn't put an end to the aftershow appearances, that would be a shame.

Not everyone thought that Jann Wenner's fuckfest of favorites is the Cat's Meow, I think it's overrated considering who got in and who has been left out ie: RUSH and Motorhead,BOC etc.

I like SLAA's enthusiasm,its refreshing.

Everyone in GnR who was inducted have criticized the RRHOF induction process, and still will. The ones who went had a great time, and prob. felt it was worth showing up and being honored.

The letter came across that he did give it some thought to attend it, and just felt it was better that he didn't. And as we know, there were other no shows, obviously one was terminal, wasn't going to get on a plane and be around people. As the reporters have pointed out, he's not the first to be a no show to the induction ceremony. Lydon prob. didn't want to spend the money to go, based on doing the butter commercial...even though his wife's an heiress and Richard Branson prob. would've hooked them up with a flight. They did make him his first real million, it's the least he could've done.

The whole non-profit thing is suspect - they hook up Cleveland kids with a scholarship, it's not a nationwide thing, and it seems more like the ceremony is to just keep the museum afloat and buying memorabilia in auctions.

The RRHOF is sort of for artists like GnR, and really intended more for those like Laura Nyro or Wanda Jackson. I do think in time, metal, prog rock, country rock, and anything else Wenner and some of the RS critics exclude will be inducted. Nugent - they're just going "pass" because he's just an ass. KISS will get in because they've been on the list before.

And I don't think Axl's image took a hit at all. He didn't want to spend money and 4 hours of his life sitting across from Adler and Slash, and having that all fall apart before they even got on stage. He already said he doesn't want to be around all of them at the same time. He's rebuilt the band, and it's probable he will see Adler again, and hopefully Steven just goes "yeah, me and Axl hung out for a night, we talked about how things were going, I apologized for that scab comment" and left it at that. Axl would prob. have hooked him up with some opening gigs and sat in on a few songs had he STFU.

I think most of the time Axl is very personable, but for his reasons, doesn't always feel like interacting with fans except for the time he's on stage. And that's where Beta comes in, she knows when he's in the mood to do it, and if he's being whiny, can push him a bit into doing it. The priority's the show, even if it goes on late. And I guess the mention about ending the show early so people can catch the train - that was long overdue.

I did rock3

Should've finished the sentence sorry :lol:

I seemed to be only one in my section who knew the song. He just stopped playing for one second and waved up to me. It was amazing :wub:

Axl said later in the show, something like: 'fun fact: Izzy only wrote one word of WTTJ.... the word was Jungle'

I had good seats on stage right. Lunatic in pink top screaming and jumping the entire time?

Dazey: I don't want to go into too much detail on here but I did some stuff I really shouldn't have!! 90% of it was LUCK!!

I did rock3

Should've finished the sentence sorry :lol:

I seemed to be only one in my section who knew the song. He just stopped playing for one second and waved up to me. It was amazing :wub:

Axl said later in the show, something like: 'fun fact: Izzy only wrote one word of WTTJ.... the word was Jungle'

I had good seats on stage right. Lunatic in pink top screaming and jumping the entire time?

Dazey: I don't want to go into too much detail on here but I did some stuff I really shouldn't have!! 90% of it was LUCK!!

banana.gif? :unsure: