I MET AXL and AGAIN!

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Dazey: I don't want to go into too much detail on here but I did some stuff I really shouldn't have!! 90% of it was LUCK!!

I'm not talking about getting backstage deary, I meant like where you and Conor met Axl before at the back door of the arena. :)

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That what I'm taking about too Dazey. The 02 is a really secure building. The backstage doors alone are hard to get to. Security everywhere!!

I didn't do anything gross I swear!!

It's cool that people are meeting Axl and all, but if you meet him why don't you ask him something important, like "is BITW a real GNR song," "what is the status of the next album and what is it called," "what ever happened with the better video," etc.

Instead we just have a bunch of kids gushing all over the place like it's fucking beatlemania or something!!! :rofl-lol:

It's cool that people are meeting Axl and all, but if you meet him why don't you ask him something important, like "is BITW a real GNR song," "what is the status of the next album and what is it called," "what ever happened with the better video," etc.

Instead we just have a bunch of kids gushing all over the place like it's fucking beatlemania or something!!! :rofl-lol:

Agree

You think he would answer those type of questions? :rolleyes:

You think he would answer those type of questions? :rolleyes:

Exactly. When he doesn't answer reporters and interviewers then why would he tell fans? He wouldn't. Asking him would probably just annoy him and make him feel like he was being put on the spot. It's probably best just to chit chat about random things if you meet him and want autographs and pictures.

Because it's rude?

When I met Axl the other day the last thing on my mind was butting in in front of everyone else who wanted to shake his hand and share a moment with him, and blurt out 'hey Axl, where's the new record, could you go through some details with me'. If there was more time and Axl was going to hang out and speak to us for 10 or 15 minutes or so then yeah that would be cool, but when you've got like seconds with the guy before you move to the back of the crowd, generally all you can get out is a quick thank you for the show and everything.

What I would like to see is the new management organise some more interviews like the Eddie Trunk ones we saw in 2006 and 2011. That was just a really chilled, cool atmosphere for Axl to sit and shoot the shit, similar to the forum chats in '08. Doing more things like that would be amazing because it paints such a different picture to the Axl we see painted in the press. Rolling Stone or Classic Rock cover story perhaps? :xmasssanta:

I certainly didn't want to ask any dodgy questions in case I annoyed or offended him. He was in a great mood and I wanted to keep my experiences as positive as possible. I would've been upset if I over stepped the mark and could tell I had irritated him.

And that's not because he's known as being temperamental, like ketchup said, it's plain rude!! It wasn't the right time.

Izzy smiled and waved at me during dead flowers. I nearly died!! I was the only one jumping up and singing. No one else knew the song. Last night was the best!!!

Nobody knew Dead Flowers? :confused:

I'm happy for you SLAA you're like the luckiest and ultimate GNR fan!

When I met Axl the other day the last thing on my mind was butting in in front of everyone else who wanted to shake his hand and share a moment with him, and blurt out 'hey Axl, where's the new record, could you go through some details with me'. If there was more time and Axl was going to hang out and speak to us for 10 or 15 minutes or so then yeah that would be cool, but when you've got like seconds with the guy before you move to the back of the crowd, generally all you can get out is a quick thank you for the show and everything.

Yeah, I agree. Meeting the guy is like seeing a unicorn. You don't believe it'll happen and if/when it does, you can't believe you're there. Also, if you ask a question that might set him off, he could bolt and then everyone around you would be super pissed. It's best just to get a picture and an autograph.

SLAA... You didn't wear a tiny skirt with your ass cheeks hanging out did you? That's how I saw people getting backstage lol.

I saw these girls at the station at about 4am and it looked like they may have been backstage, one of the girls looked like the brunette that was on the stage at one point with the blonde sitting on the side.

Another girl defo had her ass cheeks hanging out, she had like a red axl type leather jacket on with ripped tights i think, could have been her?

7PwFL.jpg

My internet connection has been brutal this past week so sorry for being slow to respond.

That is freaking awesome. Thank you so much! This will be the one I'll print out and have framed :wub:

Can you do anything with this one??

292657_105369876269930_1588582388_n.jpg

Seriously? :(

SLAA... You didn't wear a tiny skirt with your ass cheeks hanging out did you? That's how I saw people getting backstage lol.

I saw these girls at the station at about 4am and it looked like they may have been backstage, one of the girls looked like the brunette that was on the stage at one point with the blonde sitting on the side.

Another girl defo had her ass cheeks hanging out, she had like a red axl type leather jacket on with ripped tights i think, could have been her?

Yeah they were pretty bad but I wasn't dressed like that honestly :lol:

Izzy smiled and waved at me during dead flowers. I nearly died!! I was the only one jumping up and singing. No one else knew the song. Last night was the best!!!

Nobody knew Dead Flowers? :confused:

I'm happy for you SLAA you're like the luckiest and ultimate GNR fan!

Thanks!

And no, not in my section! I was with people who only seemed to know the hits! I had two annoying men in their 40s or so, screaming every 5minutes, "Axl, come out you fat f'er!!", "C'mon FATBOY", "Sing you f'ing fat c***". I have no idea why you'd pay to see something you seem to hate so much :rolleyes:

It was so irritating. They shut the hell up when Axl blew them away though.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

And no, not in my section! I was with people who only seemed to know the hits! I had two annoying men in their 40s or so, screaming every 5minutes, "Axl, come out you fat f'er!!", "C'mon FATBOY", "Sing you f'ing fat c***". I have no idea why you'd pay to see something you seem to hate so much :rolleyes:

:lol:

Yeah, I agree. Meeting the guy is like seeing a unicorn. You don't believe it'll happen and if/when it does, you can't believe you're there. Also, if you ask a question that might set him off, he could bolt and then everyone around you would be super pissed. It's best just to get a picture and an autograph.

Shit im glad the people who met Axl had a good time but a fucking unicorn??? I think its time to get into the real world a bit.

I understand the analogy but, doesn't the unrelenting fawning over another person who is no better or worse than you dent your self respect slightly?

But you would have given the SOB the joy of laughter. Does that not count for anything?!

SOB would laugh. SLAA would cry ;(

Can you do anything with this one??

292657_105369876269930_1588582388_n.jpg

Seriously? :(

Sorry, I'm not good at Photoshop, but I got it to look not-so-bad.

I even added some pseudo-artistic effects so it's ready to be printed out and put in a frame:

slaaedit.jpg

I hope it fulfills your requirements as I put a lot of work into it.

Edited by Rafał

:lol: Rafal!!!

Why don't you just photoshop Axl out of it too? and just have a picture of Conor's big hand? We'd all print that out and frame it.

Take a good look at Conor's hand while it's still attached to him...... I'm going to amputate it :fuckyou:

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

Why don't you just photoshop Axl out of it too? and just have a picture of Conor's big hand? We'd all print that out and frame it.

Take a good look at Conor's hand while it's still attached to him...... I'm going to amputate it :fuckyou:

I could do that.

Or maybe cut the hand too? Then it would be a much cleaner picture.

I could do that.

Or maybe cut the hand too? Then it would be a much cleaner picture.

I want to get rid of Conor's hand so it's me looking up adoringly at Axl :wub: