Axl Rose cant sing anymore

rudolf1978

I think he has lost some punch n' balls to his voice. BUT i think he can still sing and it predominately comes down to fitness. He moves about heaps on stage, and singing uses lots of muscles. IMO getting in shape before a tour and maintaing a vocal coach would lift his game and increases consistency and balls to his voice.

Wonder if he still doesnt rehearse with the band before tours, as that woudl help him get into vocal shape before touring too.

He just sings good in a few songs of the setlist,jungle,brownstone,easy and in certain parts of songs like estranged,dont cry,patience.I dont know if he should quit or not,rest is not the solution because he spend 1 year out of the shows and he has lost it,and its true the videos are there,he has lost it maybe forever.

For me its like when a soccer player that you like is back from a serius injury and you want him to do the things he used to do,but he cant anymore.I feel the same way.

Erm, no.

He sounds amazing on this tour, seriously - What gives you the impression he can't sing anymore compared to before? And before you bring up songs in 2012 that he sounds 'average/poor' on, I could find as many from 88' to 93'

I have loads of frustations with Axl/Guns' but your thread doesn't make much sense, imo.

Agreed Subs.

I think he's confused about Axl not singing pre 1995 where he didn't care about his vocal cords all those years and just let it rip. He believes, because he doesn't sing like that 100% of the time, he can't. Wrong. This guy is obviously trolling and seeing how he's pretty much new here he probably didn't see any of the 2010 performances. The guy sounds amazing this tour. Get off his back. What do you want him to do? Damage his cords and get bronchitis constantly? Would you like that? That way, he wouldn't be able to perform and you could be happy.

You don't get bronchitis by shouting. It's caused by microorganisms.

He just sings good in a few songs of the setlist,jungle,brownstone,easy and in certain parts of songs like estranged,dont cry,patience.I dont know if he should quit or not,rest is not the solution because he spend 1 year out of the shows and he has lost it,and its true the videos are there,he has lost it maybe forever.

For me its like when a soccer player that you like is back from a serius injury and you want him to do the things he used to do,but he cant anymore.I feel the same way.

Erm, no.

He sounds amazing on this tour, seriously - What gives you the impression he can't sing anymore compared to before? And before you bring up songs in 2012 that he sounds 'average/poor' on, I could find as many from 88' to 93'

I have loads of frustations with Axl/Guns' but your thread doesn't make much sense, imo.

Agreed Subs.

I think he's confused about Axl not singing pre 1995 where he didn't care about his vocal cords all those years and just let it rip. He believes, because he doesn't sing like that 100% of the time, he can't. Wrong. This guy is obviously trolling and seeing how he's pretty much new here he probably didn't see any of the 2010 performances. The guy sounds amazing this tour. Get off his back. What do you want him to do? Damage his cords and get bronchitis constantly? Would you like that? That way, he wouldn't be able to perform and you could be happy.

You don't get bronchitis by shouting. It's caused by microorganisms.

bronchitis can also be a form of COPD from years of smoking as well.

First,im not trolling,since 2011 his voice is weak,during the show he chooses when use rasp and are only in certain parts of the song ( like dont cry).Second,yes during 2010 was AXL ROSE at least 99% and i think we all love to have it back!

He might be able to sing better if he used less rasp so he didn't strain his vocal cords as much, and that might let him sing with less Mickey in his voice.

Can you please explain to me how that makes sense? What I am reading is that he should use no rasp to avoid using no rasp.

It is probably a comprehension fail on my part, so forgive me.

He might be able to sing better if he used less rasp so he didn't strain his vocal cords as much, and that might let him sing with less Mickey in his voice.

Can you please explain to me how that makes sense? What I am reading is that he should use no rasp to avoid using no rasp.

do you like the mickey mouse voice? when you listen to you could be mine right,paradise city,civil war for ex do you feel that are singed like always?

Edited by rudolf1978

do you like the mickey mouse voice? when you listen to you could be mine right,paradise city,civil war for ex do you feel that are singed like always?

It depends on if it's live, or YouTube. Live, I have never heard anything but amazing, and I saw them in 2002 where YouTube tells me that Axl was at his absolute worst.

It depends on if it's live, or YouTube. Live, I have never heard anything but amazing, and I saw them in 2002 where YouTube tells me that Axl was at his absolute worst.

I saw GNR in 2006 and 2010 and Axl was great(2010 the best),in the show and in youtube.Since 2011 its very clear that he is not.

I saw GNR in 2006 and 2010 and Axl was great(2010 the best),in the show and in youtube.Since 2011 its very clear that he is not.

I saw them in 93 and 2010 also. I can honestly say that I thought Axl sounded better in 2002. 2010 is my favorite of 3, but that has just as much to do with the circumstances around it as it does the actual performance.

Axl sounds nothing like Mickey when you're actually there. 99% of the people that have seen him in 2001-2 or 2011-early 12 can and will vouch for that.

The thing is Axl's studio stuff by in large isn't that raspy, its strong but its nothing like say his 1991 vocals...I'd say his current vocals are probably closer than alot of his 'prime' live stuff to the actual studio stuff, in that he isn;t tearing his throat up to rasp the gonads out of the notes anymore.

This is NOT trolling! Open your eyes, Axl sings like Mickey fucking Mouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I disagree, his voice has had to evolve with age to make live shows possible. Many parts of me do not work the same as they did when I was 18. If anything I think his voice is better in certain songs now.