Axl Rose cant sing anymore

rudolf1978

He just sings good in a few songs of the setlist,jungle,brownstone,easy and in certain parts of songs like estranged,dont cry,patience.I dont know if he should quit or not,rest is not the solution because he spend 1 year out of the shows and he has lost it,and its true the videos are there,he has lost it maybe forever.

For me its like when a soccer player that you like is back from a serius injury and you want him to do the things he used to do,but he cant anymore.I feel the same way.

Edited by rudolf1978

He just sings good in a few songs of the setlist,jungle,brownstone,easy and in certain parts of songs like estranged,dont cry,patience.I dont know if he should quit or not,rest is not the solution because he spend 1 year out of the shows and he has lost it,and its true the videos are there,he has lost it maybe forever.

For me its like when a soccer player that you like is back from a serius injury and you want him to do the things he used to do,but he cant anymore.I feel the same way.

Strange but I think there are hundreds of thousands of people who might disagree with you. The people attending the concerts must be tone deaf then :shrugs:

Guess the best solution is that he only sings the songs you think he sounds good in over & over again - and the parts of the other songs you think he sounds good as an extra.

Edited by rock4eva

Wow judging by seeing him in Co which is notorious for being hard on singers (how high up from sea level we are ), he sounded amazing. He hit all the notes in the songs very well. From the lows on (its so easy) to the highs in Sweet Child o Mine

Erm, no.

He sounds amazing on this tour, seriously - What gives you the impression he can't sing anymore compared to before? And before you bring up songs in 2012 that he sounds 'average/poor' on, I could find as many from 88' to 93'

I have loads of frustations with Axl/Guns' but your thread doesn't make much sense, imo.

Erm, no.

He sounds amazing on this tour, seriously - What gives you the impression he can't sing anymore compared to before? And before you bring up songs in 2012 that he sounds 'average/poor' on, I could find as many from 88' to 93'

I have loads of frustations with Axl/Guns' but your thread doesn't make much sense, imo.

Agreed Subs.

I think he's confused about Axl not singing pre 1995 where he didn't care about his vocal cords all those years and just let it rip. He believes, because he doesn't sing like that 100% of the time, he can't. Wrong. This guy is obviously trolling and seeing how he's pretty much new here he probably didn't see any of the 2010 performances. The guy sounds amazing this tour. Get off his back. What do you want him to do? Damage his cords and get bronchitis constantly? Would you like that? That way, he wouldn't be able to perform and you could be happy.

Edited by iftheworld

I think it's obvious that Axl has lost something from his prime but fucking hell the guy's 50 and he could afford to lose more from his prime than 99% of people will ever have and still be fucking amazing.

Example:

Great performance!

Fucking amazing performance!

I mean yeah it's not as good but it's not that far off and personally I think he sounds great. I actually think the band has a better vibe in the first video too.

Edited by Dazey

I think it's obvious that Axl has lost something from his prime but fucking hell the guy's 50 and he could afford to lose more from his prime than 99% of people will ever have and still be fucking amazing.

Example:

Great performance!

Fucking amazing performance!

I mean yeah it's not as good but it's not that far off and personally I think he sounds great. I actually think the band has a better vibe in the first video too.

I actually perfer the newer performance of this. His voice suits this song more, now.

I actually perfer the newer performance of this. His voice suits this song more, now.

I guess it's all about personal preference but when I said "lost something" I was talking about the top end fucking buzzsaw power he has in the earlier video. Whether he sounds better or not is subjective but he's not as capable as he was is probably a better way to phrase it. He just can't quite pull that off anymore which is cool and I'm wording this extra carefully to be clear I'm just making a point and not trying to bash anybody! :)

Edited by Dazey

I guess it's all about personal preference but when I said "lost something" I was talking about the top end fucking buzzsaw power he has in the earlier video. Whether he sounds better or not is subjective but he's not as capable as he was is probably a better way to phrase it. He just can't quite pull that off anymore which is cool and I'm wording this extra carefully to be clear I'm just making a point and not trying to bash anybody! :)

you're absolutely right. my assumption is that axl began taking actual vocal lessons during the downtime of the band - probably because all the damage he did to his vocal cords back in the '80s/'90s made it difficult to continue singing in that manner. i think early on during his comeback he was still trying to figure all that out (which is why his voice was often derided during that period of time), but over the years he's learned to actually "sing" in a more traditional sense. he doesn't have that banshee rasp like he used to and certainly hits the notes with a higher falsetto much of the time, but the power is still there in a different way. i think when you listen to "chinese democracy" it doesn't always sound like the old axl rose, but he's capable of doing some stuff with his "new" voice that he wouldn't have been able to do back in the day. (always loved that RiR3 performance of 'the blues' because of how he sang it in falsetto.)

Edited by Estranged Reality

i like to compare axl to a in his prime power pitcher, a power pitcher that would throw 97 and blow people away. axl in the 80s and 90s was this his power and that rasp would just blow you away. as time goes on the power pitchers velocity starts to dwindle and he cannot blow people away anymore he is struggling to find out how to evolve which i think was axl around 2001-2002

but then the power pitcher learns to use his velocity at 90-91 mph and adds a new pitch and becomes very good again which is axl from 2006-present

i know its a stupid analogy but its what i always the one i think of. axl is 50 and his voice has changed he had adapted and i think he sounds great, of course he is going to have off nights all of the legends have had bad nights, but 9/10 he will blow you away

I´ve always said the if people want a perfect vocal performance they better stay at home and listen to a CD. I´ve seen old videos from the old days where Axl sounds awful and some where he sounds amazing, it´s always been like this. And the same happens to other singers.

If you want flawless everything (vocals, guitar, drum etc...) listen to a CD. But correct- vocally he's never gonna get back to the '87-'93 era. Too bad he wasted the '93-2000ish times. But atleast we still have Axl!