Could this line-up of GN'R put out one of the greatest rock albums of all time?

HB3

Yes, I personally believe Chinese Democracy is one of the greatest albums of all time, as are AFD and the UYI albums. But Chinese is not considered one of the greatest albums. But think about it. We'll start with the three guitarists.

DJ - He's in touch with mainstream rock fans and hopefully will just make some of the songs radio friendly enough (meaning capable of being hits on the radio) to make the album a success in everybody's eyes, not just the eyes of us hardcore fans. Believe me, I don't want Guns to play generic rock, but DJ might just have that tiny, special touch to make a super catchy hook.

Ron - The man is a genius. I personally love his solo material and I can't wait to see what he brings to the table with Guns. He'll provide amazing guitar work and will give the album a technically outstanding sound. Not to mention killer back up vocals (as hopefully Axl won't be the only one providing them.) I also hope Ron will write some lyrics because I think he can write some great ones. It'd even be cool to see him and Tommy have lead vocals on some songs in the future.

Richard - Even the haters of the current line-up can't seem to hate this guy. He's a rocker. His new solo shows us all what he can do. That riff is huge and it gets stuck in my head pretty often. I think he's gonna be able to write some other huge riffs and make the songs (excuse this overused word) epic.

Tommy - This guy is a true punk rocker. He's made some great albums in his past and I'm sure his future will hold even better ones. He'll provide that punk feel that Duff used to bring. I just hope his bass will be louder in the mix. Very talented player, Mr. Stinson is.

Frank - I don't know much about drummers, but I love Frank. He has a great groove and I love his drums during Brownstown, Rocket Queen, Richard's solo, and Ron's solo just to name a few. I hope he'll bring some awesome groove to the new album and give all those drummer geeks something to love GN'R for. :P

Dizzy - He's a great player in my opinion. I've always enjoyed his keyboards in big songs like Civil War and I'm sure he won't disappoint.

Chris - Chris is the strange side of Guns. He gives us synth and other unconventional sounds. I really like the guy and I like the electronic feel he brings. Hopefully a few new songs will have a lot of Chris on them and have a huge house vibe, while hopefully most of them will just have enough Chris to make them edgy and awesome.

And finally, we have Axl - In my opinion, the greatest rock singer of all time. He's got the voice, the emotion, the lyrics, and the creativity. We all know he can write some of the best songs ever. Just look at Guns catalogue. He's the key player in this band. There will never, ever be another W. Axl Rose.

Edited by HB3

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I personally believe Chinese Democracy is one of the greatest albums of all time, as are AFD and the UYI albums. But Chinese is not considered one of the greatest albums. But think about it. We'll start with the three guitarists.

DJ - He's in touch with mainstream rock fans and hopefully will just make some of the songs radio friendly enough (meaning capable of being hits on the radio) to make the album a success in everybody's eyes, not just the eyes of us hardcore fans. Believe me, I don't want Guns to play generic rock, but DJ might just have that tiny, special touch to make a super catchy hook.

Ron - The man is a genius. I personally love his solo material and I can't wait to see what he brings to the table with Guns. He'll prob

No.

Ron - The man is a genius. I personally love his solo material and I can't wait to see what he brings to the table with Guns. He'll prob

If I would have judge albums by public perception or sales I wouldn't have been anywhere around this board. I don't really care who considers what to be a classic album or even more one of the greatest ever. CD had to fulfill impossible expectations and my view is that GnR should have released those tracks under a different album name and let CD name aside. A new album without experiments like remixed Better, Blood in the Water or Riad and a more Ron and DJ influence would be awesome.

In terms of maybe taking GNR back to a more 80s hard rock element, Dj seems like he's knows what he's doing. Ron is anything but generic. Ying and yang. Plus there's Fortus. Same quality, just a different flavor.

Definitely, all the potential in the world, just the minor stumbling block of Mr Rose and his bizarre schedule! They don't need DJ's sixx am crap to be catchy, he needs to do more than that generic stuff on a GNR record and Axl won't be compromising or watering down to sell his music anytime soon. They need the other side of the coin, aggressive advertisement, as seen by a lot of ''rock'' these days, exposure sells even the shittest band. Better is one of the catchiest and rocking tracks you can make for example.

If you guys have no hope in this band then why do you continue to come to a forum dedicated to them? Do you just like to cupcake? It honestly makes no sense. We know you're bitter about a reunion never happening but why not just discuss that in the Original Guns section? It's okay to say you disagree with me about them putting out one of the greatest albums, but to relentlessly bash them and call them a joke just doesn't make any sense. If you hate them so much then stop posting in a forum that supports them.

If you guys have no hope in this band then why do you continue to come to a forum dedicated to them? Do you just like to cupcake? It honestly makes no sense. We know you're bitter about a reunion never happening but why not just discuss that in the Original Guns section? It's okay to say you disagree with me about them putting out one of the greatest albums, but to relentlessly bash them and call them a joke just doesn't make any sense. If you hate them so much then stop posting in a forum that supports them.

Fuck off cupcake. Just because people say no to your stupid question doesn't necessarily mean that we are against the current line up. Are you really that stupid? Fuck off again.

Edited by pi2loc