The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

Do you get a lot of ghosting during darker scenes? For example, on Brave or Finding Demo, there's a 3D trailer for the new Monsters Inc. movie, and it starts out showing a door in a dark room. Whenever I watch that, there's a good bit of ghosting going on, especially all around the door frame. Same for you, or do I just need to do some settings? Because everything else looks great when it comes to slightly brighter scenes and stuff.

I see, I will try to check that out 'cause I'd be lying if I say I've noticed this. Also, that ghosting stuff is aka crosstalk right? 'Cause some Peruvian friend of mine was telling me about some settings for that stuff but since I'm not a 3D lover I couldn't care less. I do remember reading that the 3D glasses for this model needed an extra accessory (polarizing filters) that you should get for free from Sony (http://forum.blu-ray...ad.php?t=157415). I never claimed them though.

Have you modified your original configuration since you received your TV? 'Cause I haven't, maybe you can give me some tips to improve it! tvhappy.gif

Edited by pi2loc

Interesting, I'll give that link a bit more of a read when I get home and maybe that'll conclude some of my worrys. And yes, ghosting/crosstalk are the same thing; whatever you'd like to call it.

Yeah, I sat down a good bit and adjusted my settings to my own personal preference and haven't really touched them since. To me, they're personally perfect for all of the stuff I do on my TV. I'll check 'em out later and post them up if you'd like.

Well, I checked this out tonight and I can say I didn't notice any ghosting. Also, yeah, would like to play a little with my settings, post them if you can.

I finally received my order from Amazon UK. Will be watching The Shawshank Redemption later and Heat since my brother is like crazy telling me how good that movie is.

Also received ParaNorman 3D and Up 3D. I loved Up, it was awesome.

Edited by pi2loc

Well, I checked this out tonight and I can say I didn't notice any ghosting. Also, yeah, would like to play a little with my settings, post them if you can.

Did you check out the exact trailer I was talking about, the Monsters University 3D one that starts out in a dark room showing a door? If so, and you had no ghosting issues, I wonder if I'm just not far away enough or something? How far away do you sit?

Also, bought the new Metallic blu today, as well as Point Break and the Bourne Legacy steelbook from Target. Was going to get Heavyweights and Ice Age 4: Continental Drift 3D, but going to try to hold off until those go down in price a bit.

Finally picked up Predator yesterday at Best Buy for $8...they always seem to have the version thats not on sale when there's a Predator sale.

Also got Godzilla Vs. Biollante as that's now available. My favorite Godzilla movie, now I'm hoping Godzilla 1985 will finally get a US release :popcorn:

Also, I noticed V/H/S is now available, for any horror movie nuts out there. Didn't pick it up as they were out of stock, but I'm very excited to see that one based on the acclaim it's been getting.

Picked up the Terminator Anthology today at Best Buy.....all 4 films on sale for $20.00 with a $10.00 e-mail coupon

I'd be all over that if I hadn't just paid $50 for the Collector's Skull, and if it included the remastered version of The Terminator. Either way, good deal, though.

For those interested, Men In Black 3D is $20 at Best Buy this week. If you liked the other two, you'll like this one, and the 3D version is a steal at that price. I'll be getting mine price-adjusted.