The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

Picked up the Terminator Anthology today at Best Buy.....all 4 films on sale for $20.00 with a $10.00 e-mail coupon

I'd be all over that if I hadn't just paid $50 for the Collector's Skull, and if it included the remastered version of The Terminator. Either way, good deal, though.

For those interested, Men In Black 3D is $20 at Best Buy this week. If you liked the other two, you'll like this one, and the 3D version is a steal at that price. I'll be getting mine price-adjusted.

Could not pass that up for $20

I watched some of the Terminator and thought it looked very good...nice clean print but I don't think you would like the grain though but I am glad it was not DNR'd to death.

personally I like all 4 movies so look forward to watching in HD.

My Terminator transfer is crap, looking forward to the new remaster.

I wonder if the 1080i glitch on Terminator 3 is corrected on the box set? :drevil:

Will have to compare the Terminator box set version to the bargain copy I bought a month or so ago but can't complain about the transfer in the box set. Has some grain, as I would expect for a low budget flick, but very clean..

Have not had a chance to checkout #3..what exactly would I be looking for as far as a glitch?

This review claims these are new transfers so I am guessing the Terminator has the same print quality issues as previous versions? but it looked o.k. to me............... :shrugs:

Edited by classicrawker

Debating on picking up Arthur Christmas 3D at the end of the week with a coupon that expired on the 4th that I've photoshopped to look like it doesn't expire until the 22nd which would make it $15 :lol:

We'll see. I'll probably cave and buy it.

Picking up the new Resident Evil steelbook on Friday, and getting another $2 back for Men In Black 3 3D which is on sale for two days for $17.99. Great price for the movie and definitely recommended to fans of the other two.

Also, got the new Total Recall steelbook from Wal-Mart. Wasn't exactly worth the $26 I paid for it, but I enjoyed the movie a good bit and the steelbook is pretty nice. I'll hope for a price drop in the next 30 days so I can get an adjustment, but won't hold my breath.

Found this in Best Buy today. Texted BS to consult him and neither of us are too sure on this version of Terminator. Anyone familiar with this version? Good transfer or bad? I didn't want to buy a second shitty transfer of T1, so I passed on it for now. This was the only copy they had.

lNaJC.jpg

I sell all of my UV copies :tongue2:

Finally got my hands on a copy of Celebration Day today. A little pricey since I'm not the biggest Zeppelin fan, but I bit on it anyway, though I wish they would have released just a regular blu-ray-only version. Watching it now though and it's pretty awesome :)

Also got my steelbook for the new Resident Evil movie. Whenever the price is right, I'm going to buy the 3D version and swap the discs out for it as well.