The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

Ended up getting the La La Land steel after it ended up being more white and not that awful cream-looking color. Really nice steel.

Sadly, will still pass on the Logan steelbook because it looks awful. Ordered the 4K one from Fox Connect for $18 anyway, but will probably get the Target Exclusive too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes.  It was a nightmare to get a mint copy but after the hassle I must say I don't know what to do with the steelbook, lol.  It's still sealed and I have a ton of movies in my watchlist that I'd choose before BatB.  I guess I'll keep it sealed until the end of the year to see if a 3D version is released in the US.

My LEGO Batman steelbook was shipped but luckily it arrived in great condition.  I handpicked both JW in store, though.

I decided against it because I really didn't care for the movie, sadly.

Ended up exchanging my LEGO Batman for a mint copy. All is well. 

Was going back and forth between wanting the Life steelbook or not, then I went to order it and it doesn't seem like it's happening now. Oh well. Next purchase for me looks like it'll be Skull Island, which I'm hoping they keep as the full 4K/3D/2D combo (though I've got mild issues with the artwork, too, of course. Sigh.)

After that, some various August purchases are up in the air.

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered the Kong: Skull Island steel, but of all the great artwork for the film, they chose the worst and edited it to the point where it's hard not to see Kong's giant bulge on the front. So I'm on the fence about getting the steel, even though it does have the 4K and 3D. In addition to that, it's $35. :rolleyes:

So it's either that, or I'll just get the regular 4K release and forget about the 3D. But, I do have the Godzilla steel, so I know deep down I want them to "match".

Blu-ray purchasing is serious business.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2017 at 7:29 PM, Black Sabbath said:

I ordered the Kong: Skull Island steel, but of all the great artwork for the film, they chose the worst and edited it to the point where it's hard not to see Kong's giant bulge on the front. So I'm on the fence about getting the steel, even though it does have the 4K and 3D. In addition to that, it's $35. :rolleyes:

So it's either that, or I'll just get the regular 4K release and forget about the 3D. But, I do have the Godzilla steel, so I know deep down I want them to "match".

Blu-ray purchasing is serious business.

What do you use for Blu ray? I have a Sony player and never had a problem until I bought All Quiet on the Western Front: Uncut, released by Shout Factory. For some reason it won't play (I had it exchanged through Amazon. I am not the only one, one reviewer said his Sony won't play it either. Another said he played it on his PS4 just fine, but had to play around the menu options. I wasn't able to do that on my Sony. One review said the disc was manufactured for Region B but mislabeled as Region A. These reviews were from 2015 so somehow Shout Factory has not corrected the issue.

My main question is, would I be better off owning a PS4 or Xbox One to play discs that are Region B, even though Region A is only available in my country?

1 hour ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

What do you use for Blu ray? I have a Sony player and never had a problem until I bought All Quiet on the Western Front: Uncut, released by Shout Factory. For some reason it won't play (I had it exchanged through Amazon. I am not the only one, one reviewer said his Sony won't play it either. Another said he played it on his PS4 just fine, but had to play around the menu options. I wasn't able to do that on my Sony. One review said the disc was manufactured for Region B but mislabeled as Region A. These reviews were from 2015 so somehow Shout Factory has not corrected the issue.

My main question is, would I be better off owning a PS4 or Xbox One to play discs that are Region B, even though Region A is only available in my country?

To my knowledge the Xbox One cannot play Region B Blu or DVD discs nor is there an update to do so. That said, I use my One as my primary Blu player and have never had an issue. Might you consider a region free player? I think there are firmware hacks to make almost any standalone Blu-ray player region free.

34 minutes ago, James Bond said:

To my knowledge the Xbox One cannot play Region B Blu or DVD discs nor is there an update to do so. That said, I use my One as my primary Blu player and have never had an issue. Might you consider a region free player? I think there are firmware hacks to make almost any standalone Blu-ray player region free.

I never had an issue with mine, until recently. I am sure if you get it you may have the same issue. 

Shout is an American based company so that film should be playable in Region A, if not Region A locked. (look on the back near the bottom there will be a letter if its locked)

Im thinking theres a firmware issue with your player.

Edited by -W.A.R-