Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zint

The Official Blu-Ray Thread

2,555 posts in this topic

2 cuts for T2. Makes sense. I went ahead and ordered them after double confirming that the newest T2 edition had both cuts - it does. So, I'll have the 2013 remaster of T1 and the 2015 release of T2 which I will dub the "cash in on Genisys by releasing this movie yet again" edition. I missed ordering on Amazon.com. The bloody exchange makes avoiding bilingual packaging difficult these days!

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Spectre steelbook is 19.99 at Best Buy. Had a $5 coupon so I got it for $15. I'm cool with that.

You guys have such nicer prices. :lol:

Mine will be here on Tuesday. I've already got an empty plate stand next to all my other Bond steels ready and waiting! Thank God the only bilingual part of the Canadian steels is the cardboard wraparound.

The Best Buy Canada site has been glitchy the last couple days since they've updated it so I haven't been able to pre-order the Creed steel yet, but the price has at least been updated/corrected.

10 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Target will have an exclusive Creed steelbook. Definitely getting that.

That must be the same one that Best Buy is getting here in Canada - that was the case with Terminator as well. With no Target in Canada, Best Buy usually has the monopoly on nice steels and exclusives. Wal-Mart tends to get the mediocre stuff - either an alternative slipcover or some crap bonus disc thrown in.

With 4K discs on the way, I've been slowly clearing out my DVD collection before it becomes totally worthless. Don't get me wrong - I'll never bother to replace absolutely all of them on Blu or 4K, but I'll mostly buy some of my favourites that I've been meaning to upgrade anyways. In some instances I was an idiot and bought "full screen" versions when I was young and naive (Batman Begins - I'm looking at you) so that alone is a good excuse to upgrade.

I just picked up The Dark Knight Limited Trilogy (the 2012 version) for dirt cheap, so that's one off the list. It's nicer than the current release and more shelf efficient.

Even though I don't plan on buying a 4K TV and player for a long time, I'll start buying the discs this year for most new releases since they'll be combo packs anyways. Then I'm prepared for the future.