The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

Picked up and watched The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo the other day. Wal-Mart had it on sale for $15. On the stand, only the DVD was advertised for $15, with the Blu-ray/DVD combo at $25. I wanted the Blu-ray so it was a nice surprise when that scanned in for $15. In other words, I got the two disc Blu-ray plus the DVD for what some poor consumer paid for just the DVD with no bonus features. ;)

I enjoyed watching the movie again, and the extras I've watched so far are really well done. Great interviews, and great behind-the-scenes stuff.

Picked up and watched The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo the other day. Wal-Mart had it on sale for $15. On the stand, only the DVD was advertised for $15, with the Blu-ray/DVD combo at $25. I wanted the Blu-ray so it was a nice surprise when that scanned in for $15. In other words, I got the two disc Blu-ray plus the DVD for what some poor consumer paid for just the DVD with no bonus features. ;)

I enjoyed watching the movie again, and the extras I've watched so far are really well done. Great interviews, and great behind-the-scenes stuff.

I got the blu for 15 as well at Future Shop.

Amazon and a few others had the blu at 15, maybe Wal-Mart price matched.

I got the blu for 15 as well at Future Shop.

Amazon and a few others had the blu at 15, maybe Wal-Mart price matched.

That'd make sense. It's not the first time that's happened to me there. Definitely not complaining!

Picked up JAWS - the Digibook version.

It came with a ten dollar coupon that you can put towards another Universal 100th Anniversary blu.

I'll use it towards All Quiet On The Western Front.

It's a definite "want" for the collection, plus it's one of the pricier Universal blus.

September will be an expensive month:

Avengers

Indy set

Cabin in The Woods

American Horror Story

plus I'm sure we'll start seeing a lot of horror movies in stock which I'm always a sucker for. I'm still waiting for my US release of all the elm streets though, damnit.

Edited by Stiff Competition

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the blu of The Kids Are Alright for ten bucks.

Worthy at that price...hang on to your special edition dvd's if you upgrade, you'll want to keep disc two.

The perks of the blu were the audio and the proper aspect ratio of A Quick One from the Rock and Roll Circus (including the lightbulb framing).

The Woodstock segments seemed to really stand out moreso than dvd, as did the studio segments filmed for the fan club members.

Some of the early b+w clips really didn't benefit from a blu upgrade.

Glad I have it in the blu collection, even if it was found in a clearance bargain bin. :shrugs:

Picked up the avengers metal case at Best Buy last night for 2.50 after using 5$RZ. I'll probably buy the movie at Target though since they have an exclusive bonus disc.

The Watchmen Ultimate Cut is getting re-released after I finally tracked down an original copy, so I have to figure out what to do there. I might sell my current copy. I already have the book that is coming with it, but I love the packaging.

watchmen-box-set.jpg

It's lenticular and switches from the movie characters to the comic characters.

They finally are releasing a US Elm street release as well, but I'm super disappointed with the packaging. I'll still buy it but I might make my own custom case for it.

Edited by Stiff Competition

Picked up the avengers metal case at Best Buy last night for 2.50 after using 5$RZ. I'll probably buy the movie at Target though since they have an exclusive bonus disc.

The Watchmen Ultimate Cut is getting re-released after I finally tracked down an original copy, so I have to figure out what to do there. I might sell my current copy. I already have the book that is coming with it, but I love the packaging.

watchmen-box-set.jpg

They finally are releasing a US Elm street release as well, but I'm super disappointed with the packaging. I'll still buy it but I might make my own custom case for it.

That Watchmen Box Set looks killer, where do you find it?

watchmen-box-set.jpg

comes out in november. You can pre-order it from wbshop.com though.

watchmen-box-set.jpg

comes out in november. You can pre-order it from wbshop.com though.

Thanks for the info. Pre-ordered it. :thumbsup:

That Watchmen set is amazing. Pre-ordered it on WBshop.com for like $35 shipped. :thumbsup:

Buying the Snow White and the Huntsman steelbook on Tuesday. It'll be a blind buy, but I can't pass it up.

34y3c4m.jpg

Also, pretty sure I'm getting sucked into double-dipping on Cabin In The Woods. I ordered the steelbook from HMV, and I cannot pass up a slipcover this awsesome:

cw-1.jpg

Dammit.

After that is The Avengers, which I pre-ordered from Best Buy to get the sweet ass collector's case, but I think I might buy it at Target for the better slipcover picture and bonus content. The Game Criterion release comes out the same day, and that's the only Fincher film I've never seen, so I'll probably blind buy that.

I think Best Buy is going to have it for $20 on release day. They had The Royal Tenenbaums for $20 on release day, so there's a good chance this one will be. Unless it's a 3D release, or a steelbook, I won't pay any higher for a movie.

The blu-ray??

wow! :shock::blink:

I also pre-ordered Cinderella to get the really nice case. Depending on Release Week price, I may pick it up.

53847_large.jpg

I'm definitely holding off on the Indy set though. No way am I paying nearly $70 for that. I still haven't bought Star Wars.

I am debating buying the 3D Limited Edition of The Titanic, though. http://images4.static-bluray.com/movies/covers/50252_slipback.jpg

Then into October, aside from Cinderella, I'm thinking about buying Dark Shadows (watching it now to see if I like it), and I have the Coffin edition of the Universal Monsters collection pre-ordered on Amazon UK. And, the Nightmare on Elm Street set comes out which I can't wait for! :D

Too many releases!

I think Best Buy is going to have it for $20 on release day. They had The Royal Tenenbaums for $20 on release day, so there's a good chance this one will be. Unless it's a 3D release, or a steelbook, I won't pay any higher for a movie.

The blu-ray??

wow! :shock::blink:

Yep! Nabbed that Day 1, and technically got it for free because I had a $20 gift card from work :)