The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

I was actually hoping for an online exclusive "disc only" which would match with the Bond 50 set since there's a slot in there for Skyfall, but I doubt that's going to happen. It'd be nice if the art on the disc itself matched anyways but I also don't see that. So, since I've got to get the cover with it anyways, might as well get the steel for the collection.

That's indeed the cover. Borrowed from the IMAX promo poster and its one of the best shots of Craig, so I think it makes for a classy steel cover.

I like that fan poster a lot. Reminds me of a more refined version of the Brosnan-era posters. That poster, as well as another showing Silva's helicopter in the background, made the rounds on many news websites for promo for the film. Kudos to the creator of them for passing them off as official!

So, how exactly does one go about buying/selling BRs on Blu-ray.com? I can't see a forum for buying/selling, and the Deals section seems to be deals at retailers. I can view collections in the Community section, but there is no indication that any of these discs are for sale.

I can't believe I'm thinking of upgrading most of my DVD collection but I guess I've got the bug. At $10 per disc I wouldn't do it, but at $3-4 a pop I think I would.

Latest additions:

The Tourist - $10

Friends with Benefits - $10

Kevin Smith set (Clerks, Chasing Amy, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back) - $20

The Social Network and the Girl with the Dragon Tatoo are also $10 at Wal-Mart, but I decided to draw the line.

Edited by KBear

Going to add "Band of Brothers" and "Pacific" box sets to my collection with my Christmas money..down to $34.99 each at Best Buy and Amazon

Good prices. I bought a used copy of the whole "collector's" set on ebay like 6 months ago or so for $60 in perfect condition. I'm ashamed to say I haven't watched any of either one yet, though.

Going to add "Band of Brothers" and "Pacific" box sets to my collection with my Christmas money..down to $34.99 each at Best Buy and Amazon

Good prices. I bought a used copy of the whole "collector's" set on ebay like 6 months ago or so for $60 in perfect condition. I'm ashamed to say I haven't watched any of either one yet, though.

Watched Band of Brothers when it first came out and saw a few episodes of Pacific on my old SD 31" Toshiba CRT TV and both are excellent if you like WWII movies. There is plenty of action but I enjoyed the back stories which developed the characters which some may find tedious.........

Looking forward to seeing them in HD on a proper big screen...........

Edited by classicrawker

Don't worry dude, I do the same thing. I impulse buy movies all the time and then it takes me months to finally get around to watching them.

We just got one of the home theater 5.1 systems that runs through your Blu Ray player. I've got the system hooked up nicely for BD audio, but does anyone have any pointers to get our TV audio to go through the system? I'm completely stumped on this one. Would I set it up via the TV menu or the Blu Ray player's settings? What key words should I be looking for in the menus?

We just got one of the home theater 5.1 systems that runs through your Blu Ray player. I've got the system hooked up nicely for BD audio, but does anyone have any pointers to get our TV audio to go through the system? I'm completely stumped on this one. Would I set it up via the TV menu or the Blu Ray player's settings? What key words should I be looking for in the menus?

tv menu should have a setting for speakers>external speakers or something, is on my samsung but I dont own a blueray so unsure

my setup is into my reciever and selected in tv setting external speakers

tv menu should have a setting for speakers>external speakers or something, is on my samsung but I dont own a blueray so unsure

Our TV is a Toshiba. Under REGZA-LINK Setup you can set it to audio receiver, though that doesn't do it...

Our TV is a Toshiba. Under REGZA-LINK Setup you can set it to audio receiver, though that doesn't do it...

hmmm and you have hdmi out from tv to hdmi in on bluray? Not sure m8 maybe someone else knows about bluray setup

Edited by gunsguy

hmmm and you have hdmi out from tv to hdmi in on bluray? Not sure m8 maybe someone else knows about bluray setup

Yep. I'm waiting for BS to weigh, he'll probably be able to set it straight :tongue2:

Maybe you need this: http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Optical-Digital-Cable-Playstation-3/dp/B000VTT3IK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356597922&sr=8-1&keywords=optical+cable+ps3, with this optical digital cable you can transfer the sound from your TV to your Home Theater (assuming they both have optical outputs). I own one and sound is pretty clear, you can always get a cheaper one.

I am guessing you have to set up the input/output on the bluray player for the proper type of signal you are inputting from your TV, either analog or digital. Take a look at what input you have your TV plugged into on the bluray player and then go to the player setup menu and look for submenu for connections and setup the input for the type of signal you are inputting. You most likely also need to change the source using your bluray remote for TV input.

I am pretty sure it is a setup issue but as BS said it is tough to know for sure without seeing the setup............. :shrugs: