The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

Looks like I'll be ordering Bond 50 from Amazon.com as that seems to be the cheapest. $150 for the set which isn't all that bad for 22 Blu-rays. Even after the shipping and duty fees it ends up being cheaper than if I ordered from Amazon.ca. Plus, I won't have to worry about my much hated French/English writing on the box. This is definitely a good year to be a Bond fan!

Eating Raoul. Is the last one worth a blind buy for $20?

It's not a movie for everyone, so I dunno.

I saw it when it came out and really liked it...maybe because I was extremely baked. :drool:

I'm looking forward to it all the same.

I've got a blind buy for ya...pick up Antichrist.

I double dog dare you. :devilshades::nervous:

Criterion.com :)

Thanks, just ordered The Stones documentary Gimme Shelter on Bluray........ saved a couple of buck over Amazon

You didn't like Ghostbusters?!

Just got that at Best Buy for $7.99 for my daughters but is it a bad transfer as we have not watched it yet?

Criterion's blu-ray set for The Complete Monterey Pop Festival is worthy as well.

Great opportunity to pick it up at half price...worth it for Jimmy and the Who alone.

Ghostbusters, depends on your tolerance for natural film grain.

It's actually applauded in the blu-ray world by the "perfectionists", over that of slick artificially/digitally cleaned up releases.

For 8 bucks you're alright either way. :shrugs:

The Game sold out on the Flash Criterion sale, so I'm just going to pick it up tomorrow.

Still thinking about Rushmore, and blind buying 2/3 of these: Gimmie Shelter, Traffic, Dazed & Confused

Recommendations? $20 each.

You should get Traffic, in my opinion is a really great movie and Benicio Del Toro shines! I don't know about the others.

Yeah, still trying to decide. We'll see.

I'm price matching Target's price for Avengers 3D tomorrow and work (not really worried about the bonus disc from Target), and after my pre-order deposit I'll end up paying $12.50 for it tomorrow. Also going to price match The Game before the Flash Sale ends and grab that for $20 tomorrow. Should be a good day. :)

I went nuts on that Criterion sale, had the cart racked up for hundreds of dollars (after discount), but I took a step back and whittled it down to a few key releases that I wanted.

One was Haxan...it's not blu-ray...should I leave? :tongue2:

Get out. :max:

But yeah, if my new job was started already I'd grab a few more released, but I'm trying to stick to just $60 right now. :tongue2: I'm leaning towards Gimmie Shelter, because although I'm sure I'll find Dazed funny, I'm sure it's more enjoyable while baked, which is something I don't partake in. I'll pick it up another time. :thumbsup:

Also, for those of you who enjoyed Prometheus enough to want to buy it and aren't a steelbook fiend like myself or pi2loc, Gohastings.com has the 3D combo pack for pre-order for $25. Not a bad deal and I'd jump on it myself if I wasn't trying to get the steelbook. :)

I finally jumped on this set also. Can't wait to get it:

MacheteBlu-raySteelbookLimitedSpecialEdition.jpg

Get out. :max:

But yeah, if my new job was started already I'd grab a few more released, but I'm trying to stick to just $60 right now. :tongue2: I'm leaning towards Gimmie Shelter, because although I'm sure I'll find Dazed funny, I'm sure it's more enjoyable while baked, which is something I don't partake in. I'll pick it up another time. :thumbsup:

Gimme Shelter features REAL stoned people, not actors pretending to be stoned. :tongue2:

Gimme Shelter is fascinating.

Yeah the Stones shit is great, but it's also a closer look at what was really going on at the time...not this trumped up shit that Woodstock tries to evoke.

People refer to Gimme Shelter as the end of the Hippie era, or the Woodstock nation or whatever.

What it manages to do is give a glimpse at the truth.

It was just as ugly as any decade, there's always a seedy underbelly.

Drug addiction, Hell's Angels, violence, murder, sleazy characters, in this case set to the soundtrack of a rock band at a badly mounted rock concert.

I wouldn't have wanted to be down front at that gig I'll tell ya! :scared: