The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

Not a blu ray, so kinda off topic, but I wanted to brag somewhere to the gamers out there.

also, these are available in PS3 format, which technically is a blu ray ;)

SplinterCellBlacklist5thFreedom.jpg

Bought this from Amazon Germany for £54, rather than the Amazon UK which had it at £90.

snipercollector.jpg

Picked this up from coolshop.com for £25. Everywhere else seems to be £50+

Maybe there should be a gaming section or thread.

As for Blu Ray, I've just sold 9 Blu ray for £27 on ebay. I thought I'd get a little more. Why hasn't Blu ray taken over DVD by now. DVD took over VHS a lot quicker. I noticed in my local Asda (like a walmart) that they cut back on selling Blu Rays to make room for more DVDs. Is blu ray ever going to completely take over the market?

I've bought a lot of new blu's lately.

-Friday the 13th Collection

-Chucky Collection

-Exorcist 40th Anniversary Edition

-Elm Street Steelbook

-Lost boys steelbook

-AHS: Asylum series

-Deadly Spawn

-Escape From NY

-World war Z (Target Exclusive)

-Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer

-2001 Maniacs

-Carrie

-War of the Dead

-Dracula (Hammer)

Probably more as well, but that's what comes to mind.

-Dracula (Hammer)

Off topic but, I saw the preview of the Sideshow PF for this.

I'm so getting that!

We're not actually producing it. Some of our artists just made it as a side project. Monsterpalooza was this weekend and we bring a lot of one off pieces like that to that show.

Oh man, bummer.

It would have sold well.

Also, the whole series of Weeds is coming out on blu-ray in a whole set in November. Wal-Mart has a pre-order listing for less than $40 shipped. Probably an error, but I pre-ordered anyway.

So Wal-Mart ended up honoring this price for those who pre-ordered it. Got mine today and the packaging is awesome and I'm super happy to own it. Also, came with digital copies of the seasons so I can sell those and make some profit back :)

EDIT: Just sold the digital copy for $35 :lol:

I always buy from Go Hastings. Great seller

I am interested in buying all the Star Wars films on Blu Ray. Don't give a fuck if they are not the original editions.

Good thing you don't give a fuck, since it's only the second revisions of the Special Editions that are available on Blu Ray ;)

Also, the whole series of Weeds is coming out on blu-ray in a whole set in November. Wal-Mart has a pre-order listing for less than $40 shipped. Probably an error, but I pre-ordered anyway.

So Wal-Mart ended up honoring this price for those who pre-ordered it. Got mine today and the packaging is awesome and I'm super happy to own it. Also, came with digital copies of the seasons so I can sell those and make some profit back :)

EDIT: Just sold the digital copy for $35 :lol:

Just finished watching Weeds last night. I thought the show was okay for the most part, then started getting stupid some time during all the Esteban drama. Seasons 7 and 8 sucked I thought. Expect Doug becoming a prophet, that bit was hilarious :lol:

A Mizoguchi box-set with eight of his greatest movies has been released a couple of days ago, apparently it's a limited edition (2000 copies). Great review: http://thegeekshow.co.uk/2013/10/25/late-mizoguchi-1951-1956blu-ray-review/

91sx2bzftbl-_sl1500_.jpg?w=460&h=612

Product Description
SYNOPSIS Kenji Mizoguchi looms over the history not only of Japanese cinema - but of world cinema altogether. These eight films from the last decade of Mizoguchi's career represent a collection of eight of his greatest works, which is to say, eight of the greatest films ever made.

The Films contained in this Blu-Ray Boxed Set -

Oyu-sama (1951) is an adapatation of Tanizaki Jun'ichiro: a poignant tale of two sisters and their ill-fated relationship with the same man: a tale of the social mores and affairs of the heart that might destroy siblings.

Ugetsu monogatari (1953), a ghost-tale par excellence and one of the most highly acclaimed works of the cinema, is an intensely poetic, sublimely lyrical tragedy of men lured away from their wives which consistently features on polls of the best films ever made.

Gion bayashi (1953) is a drama set in the world of the geisha, a subtle masterwork that yields a myriad of insights into the lives of Japan's "service-class" in the early '50s.

Sansho dayu (1954), aka Sansho the Bailiff, recounts an unforgettably sad story of the 11th century involving kidnapping and indentured servitude - and figures, again, with its exquisite tone and purity of emotion as one of the most critically revered films of any era.

Uwasa no onna (1954), another Mizoguchi picture set in a modern geisha house, pits mother against daughter, with the ensuing drama forcing both to confront their attitudes toward family and business in what is one of the filmmaker's most astute filmic examinations of oppressed femininity.

Chikamatsu monogatari (1954), aka The Crucified Lovers, is the tragic story of a forbidden love affair between a merchant's wife and her husband's employee, was hailed by the legendary Akira Kurosawa as "a great masterpiece that could only have been made by Mizoguchi. "

Yokihi (1955), aka The Princess Yang Kwei-fei, recounts an 8th-century Chinese story of a widowed emperor and his imperial concubine, filmed in sumptuous, hallucinatory Agfa-stock colour.

Akasen chitai (1956), aka Street of Shame, is Mizoguchi's final masterpiece and one of the greatest last films ever made, depicting the goings-on in a Tokyo brothel carrying the name "Dreamland, " where dreams are nevertheless shattered beneath the weight of financial necessity and all questions of conscience - a last testament which inspired the great French critic Jean Douchet to proclaim: "For me, along with Chaplin's Monsieur Verdoux and Renoir's La Règle du jeu, the greatest film in the history of the cinema. "