Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Why the endless touring? And other questions.

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

grigori

grigori

Full

• Returned
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • 07-March 11
Maybe they're all stuck in a episode of the Twilight Zone?

MSL
Posted Image
On a mission to waste your time

MSL

MSL

GNR fan since 1988.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts
  • 12-April 05

Some if u try way too hard to justify the length of touring thing. Bottom line. They guys have been touring off and on since 2002. That is a decade of touring, supporting the one album they have put out in that decade, as well as playing the songs that another band created. It is like saying "why is Charlie Manson still in jail, he hasn't killed anybody in the last 20 years." You have to present the entire history to make any argument valid.

By that logic, GNR has actually been touring off and on since the 80s.

If four years of touring in a ten year period is a decade of touring, I sure hope you're not an accountant.

highvoltage

highvoltage

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞

• SILVER
  • 19,959 posts
  • 01-September 04
Why the endless threads that all say the same thing? :sleeper:

i ninja edit 99% of my posts.

MSL

MSL

GNR fan since 1988.

• Banned
  • 4,392 posts
  • 12-April 05
but, but, the t-shirt in 2002 said chinese democracy!

maynard

maynard

Sudaca and Brazuca

• SILVER
  • 5,690 posts
  • 03-April 05
chinese democracy starts now (and never ends) should be on that 2001 t-shirt

"Your guerrilla is ridiculous, dude. You ain't no Che Guevara of the old-line up."

The Wicked Hand

The Wicked Hand

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • 17-February 11
No, four years is not a decade of touring, but, we have had a decade of false starts, cancelled tours, controversy, and many release dates passed, ALL UNDER THE CD MONIKER.

Its not the touring so much as the whole fucking Chinese Democracy saga. Most fans are way over it and ready for the next installment and the casual fan couldn't give a fuck less...

MSL

MSL

GNR fan since 1988.

• Banned
  • 4,392 posts
  • 12-April 05
Yes. Lots of false starts, cancelled tours, controversy, missed release dates. That is all true.

And as I've said a million times, for those that are over Chinese already, I totally understand.

So find something to do with your time until the band is done working the album. Nobody forces you guys to read GNR sites if GNR does not currently interest you.

But the bottom line is that after all the false starts, cancelled tours, controversy and missed release dates, the album finally came out at the end of 2008.

And at the end of 2009, the band finally went on tour to support the album. They toured for a year, took a year off, and now appear to be touring for a second year.

Two years of touring in conjunction with the album is not endless and it's quite common, even if starting a year late and taking a year off in the middle is a bit unorthodox.

maynard

maynard

Sudaca and Brazuca

• SILVER
  • 5,690 posts
  • 03-April 05
the problem is, fans were waiting for this since 1993. one album and tours with one year long breaks wasn't really what fans expected. so the frustration is natural and fans should be able to talk about it. i'm sure everyone here has a good life and gnr is just a small part of it. some may keep posting for 10 hours and that's kinda stupid but who am i to judge.

gnr is not classical music. there are a lot of idiots who love the band. i saw some of them on this page.

"Your guerrilla is ridiculous, dude. You ain't no Che Guevara of the old-line up."

MSL

MSL

GNR fan since 1988.

• Banned
  • 4,392 posts
  • 12-April 05

the problem is, fans were waiting for this since 1993. one album and tours with one year long breaks wasn't really what fans expected. so the frustration is natural and fans should be able to talk about it.

Nothing wrong with being frustrated, upset, disappointed, annoyed, etc etc etc.

My only issue is with people lying.

Fans should be able to talk about whatever they want, and if they happen to talk about things that aren't true, other fans should point out the inaccuracies.

The issue really is that the average human is unable to remain logical when fueled by emotion.

So you have a bunch of idiots just spouting off at the mouth with no regard for truth, logic or reason.

All they know is that they're upset and they really don't care what the truth is.

The Sandman

The Sandman

King of Wishful Thinking

• SILVER
  • 27,183 posts
  • 26-September 05

chinese democracy starts now (and never ends) should be on that 2001 t-shirt

I'd totally buy that.

I love wearing my 02 shirts - I see no problem with it!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users