Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

izzy questions (new and old)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

cuneo77

cuneo77

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • 05-October 02
ok heres my izzy questions..

old= i know that gnr played double talkin jive regularly on tour, but i never saw a performance of it with izzy, did they perfrom it then,and if so did izzy sing it?
did he ever do pretty tied up live before he bolted?

new= clearly izzy had his hand in alot of great gnr tunes. i know he hates touring and all that, but you think axl and revisit the idea of izzy being a writer and not tour?

Edited by cuneo77, 03 June 2012 - 11:52 AM.

GNR ppl i have met: axl,slash,adler,del,zig zag, fortus, frank, dj ashba, dizzy,bumblefoot,beta,fernando

Twinaleblood

Twinaleblood

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • 26-September 08
Old= yes he did sing it live with Axl. You can see it in this video (even if Izzy's voice is quite buried in the mix).

New = I don't know. Maybe Izzy's writing style wouldn't fit current Guns, too much classic rock.

Edited by Twinaleblood, 03 June 2012 - 11:57 AM.

HB3

HB3

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • 30-May 10
Does anybody know if Izzy's guitar can be heard in the left channel on his solo material? I know that's where he can be heard on GN'R tunes. And it sounds like his guitar on the left on his solo material. But I just wanted to get it confirmed by somebody.

hitmanhart408

hitmanhart408

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts
  • 14-January 07

new= clearly izzy had his hand in alot of great gnr tunes. i know he hates touring and all that, but you think axl and revisit the idea of izzy being a writer and not tour?

Down by the Ocean

"In '95, Duff and me recorded songs for the band. We made a tape that went nowhere. Then, a couple of months ago I have a message on my answering machine: 'Yo! It's Axl, I need a copy of the songs that you did.' There was one called 'Down by the Ocean' or 'Down by the Sea', they may have used it, I haven't come back to know nothing." (Izzy, Popular Magazine, 2001)

Q: Axl, here's a list of rumored song titles. Can you tell us which ones are bogus and which ones are real?

Ides Of March ('98), Oklahoma ('98), Atlas Shrugged ('99), Closing In On You ('99), Cock-A-Roach Soup ('99), Friend Or Foe ('99), Hearts Get Killed ('99), No Love Remains ('99), Oh My God ('99), Something Always ('99), Suckerpunched ('99), Zip It ('99), Silkworms ('00), Down By The Ocean ('01), Leave Me Alone ('02), Seven ('02), The General ('02), Thyme ('02), Quick Song ('05), Zodiac ('05), Motormouth ('06), We Were Lying ('06)

A: Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Leave Me Alone, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song , Zodiac Most all titles subject to change w/out warning and r considered working titles. (Axl Rose, chinesedemocracy.com, Dec. 2008)

Edited by hitmanhart408, 03 June 2012 - 12:10 PM.

Twinaleblood

Twinaleblood

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • 26-September 08

did he ever do pretty tied up live before he bolted?

Yes he did, but Axl took the vocal duties as he did on the record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH7KhqL785U

HB3

HB3

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • 30-May 10

Does anybody know if Izzy's guitar can be heard in the left channel on his solo material? I know that's where he can be heard on GN'R tunes. And it sounds like his guitar on the left on his solo material. But I just wanted to get it confirmed by somebody.

Does anybody know the answer to this question? Sorry for the delayed bump. Thanks guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users