the new "war"?

stumbleine

hey all,a couple of threads lately got me thinking,are we turning Izzy's positive cameo with Axl in London into

something negative?who is more GNR,the HOF band or the Indiana duo?

let's not be stupid and "take sides"again on this issue.

HOFband was inducted as "Guns N Roses",it can be argued that Axl and Izzy are just as much Guns,

but who cares?

let's all co exist.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey all,a couple of threads lately got me thinking,are we turning Izzy's positive cameo with Axl in London into

HOFband was inducted as "Guns N Roses",it can be argued that Axl and Izzy are just as much Guns,

but who cares?

let's all co exist.

Well the bunch inducted at the HOF are not GNR...they were just labeled that by the useless made up imaginary ceremony "promotors". the original plan was to get Axl to sellout and them cashing in.

We all know Axl and Izzy were the heart and soul + founders and wrote all the shit. Anybody that denies this don't know anything about GNR or are just trolling.

guns_n_roses4_copy__286484c.jpg

imagesCANWCVX5.jpgNuff said..

Edited by volcano62

We all know Axl and Izzy were the heart and soul + founders and wrote all the shit. Anybody that denies this don't know anything about GNR or are just trolling.

Marc Canter and anybody with some knowledge in GNR would disagree.

Izzy is just making bucks by touring with fakegnr. A couple of years ago he said : "Axl's band is obviously not GNR, everybody knows that. It's not even right that he uses the name."

I don't think Izzy changed his mind, he just seems to need some cash...

A rarely considered point of view, however, is that if Axl didnt keep the Gnr name and tour throughout the 00s and put out an album, GNR probably wouldnt have even been nominated.

They're my favorite band of all time, but even I know that leaving people like Rush and Kiss out of the Hof forever and ever, and putting in Gnr the first time shows that it is a bit of a 1) popularity contest, not really about contributions to the genre and 2) a money grab hoping for Axl and Slash to get together because of the drama created especially by Axl for touring with the Gnr name.

Rush and Kiss

:violin:

Rush are soooo boring and Kiss have always been a joke. :shrugs:

I don't think there's a war between Izzy and Duff/Slash. Duff even published Izzy's message about the HOF. I'm sure Izzy, Slash and Duff will soon play together again.

Rush are soooo boring and Kiss have always been a joke. :shrugs:

I don't think there's a war between Izzy and Duff/Slash. Duff even published Izzy's message about the HOF. I'm sure Izzy, Slash and Duff will soon play together again.

Rush are boring?

I respectfully disagree!

Izzy is probably following a breeze.

If Slash, Duff or anybody else asked him to join them for a couple of songs Izzy may have thought about it.

Izzy is just doin' this thing.

If I had to choose, I rather would like to see Axl and Izzy. Besides I already saw VR, almost same thing.

Not that I think any of those are GNR. There is only one and for me, that's the old line up, preferably including Steven.

Anything else is: VR, nugnr or just a nice HOF band. But non of them I consider GNR, but I enjoy all of them.

Edited by MBRose

One thing's for sure, without Axl & Izzy there'd be no GnR in the first place - so that much Axl's got in his favor.

Problem is that for 90% of people out there GnR IS Axl & Slash... :confused:

Edited by trqster

Can't belive how certain people here are claiming that Axl and Izzy wrote literally everything... but that's for a different debate. Yeah it sucks that there has to be a dichotomy for everything that happens, especially when you have Izzy singing 14 years for the first time since '91 - I don't see anything negative about that. But at the same time other people start threads shitting on the HOF and claiming that the appearance by Izzy was the "true HOF", and other things of the sort which is just as annoying.

Edited by WhazUp

Hold on just a minute there! Steven is more GNR than all of them.

;)

I must admit though, I really do like Slash's right-handed picking technique when it comes to Guns' songs.

Every ex-gunner from the glory days owns a piece of the band's sound in the hearts and minds of the fanbase.

but who cares?

let's all co exist.

Well the bunch inducted at the HOF are not GNR...they were just labeled that by the useless made up imaginary ceremony "promotors". the original plan was to get Axl to sellout and them cashing in.

How would you refer to Slash and Duff then? GnR's fame, success, awards, etc all came on the backs of Slash and Duff (along with Axl, Izzy, Gilby, Sorum, Adler).......DJ Ashba had nothing to do with GnR being elected into the Hall of Fame. So your undying worshipping of Axl and the new band has honestly brought you to the point where you aren't willing to give the old guys the credit they deserve for making GnR what it is today? You do realize that the majority of songs played each night by the current band, were not written by DJ, BBF, Frank, Brain, Fortus, Fink, Bucket, etc. Right?

Useless made up imaginary ceremony promotors..........uhhhh, no. They are real people. Who started a Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. That hundreds of musicians have said they felt HONORED to be inducted in to. You could start your own Rock N Roll Hall of Fame if you wanted. In fact, if these guys are "fake", why don't you start your own HOF??? See how far you get with it. Just because Axl didn't want to be involved with them, doesn't mean they are fake or not legit.

So this "fake" group of people had an agenda, and that agenda had changed from all the other artists that they had inducted, to trying to get Axl Rose to "sell out" and them cashing in. Do you really believe all the nonsense that you post? Your blind worshipping of Axl is what made people start referring to you as lolcano. GnR belongs in any rock n roll hall of fame, or any top rock bands of all time list. If you really think that the main goal of this "fake" group of people was to somehow strike it rich by manipulating Axl Rose to reunite with the band that helped make him famous.......

They inducted GnR and invited the original members to appear. Just like they have done with other bands that had break-up issues. GnR isn't the first, nor will they be the last.

And how exactly would Axl be selling out?

Look at the difference in how the two sides handled it.

One side said "we owed it to the fans who supported us over the years"

The other side decided not to show up.

One side cares about their fans - one side cares more about fueds, and drama, and lawsuits and all that other crap.

The funny thing is that if Axl decided to show up and perform, but Slash turned it down - you guys would be crucifying Slash. The way that every opinion you have is based on what Axl Rose does is really a bit scary.

Axl and Izzy were the heart and soul who wrote every thing? Comments like this are why 99% of the people on this forum don't take you seriously.

If that is the case, then why haven't their careers been anywhere near as successful as they were when teamed up with Slash and Duff?

The fact you would even say this reduces any credibility you had on this forum.

I admire your passion and dedication to Axl and the current band. And you seem like a pretty nice guy. But when you make posts like this........it's embarrasing to all GnR fans.

Dude Axl n izzy wrote most of the lyrics but the band wrote the music meaning slash wrote his stuff duff n Steven so on n so forth.

N I have listen to the music that izzy n Axl had before slash duff n Steven it sounds kool but it does not have anything special it's

like when they got together they made them selves special so please don't make it look like one band member is more important

than the other cause as far as I know none of the members have topped guns 87-94 nuff said

but who cares?

let's all co exist.

How would you refer to Slash and Duff then? GnR's fame, success, awards, etc all came on the backs of Slash and Duff (along with Axl, Izzy, Gilby, Sorum, Adler).......DJ Ashba had nothing to do with GnR being elected into the Hall of Fame. So your undying worshipping of Axl and the new band has honestly brought you to the point where you aren't willing to give the old guys the credit they deserve for making GnR what it is today? You do realize that the majority of songs played each night by the current band, were not written by DJ, BBF, Frank, Brain, Fortus, Fink, Bucket, etc. Right?

Useless made up imaginary ceremony promotors..........uhhhh, no. They are real people. Who started a Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. That hundreds of musicians have said they felt HONORED to be inducted in to. You could start your own Rock N Roll Hall of Fame if you wanted. In fact, if these guys are "fake", why don't you start your own HOF??? See how far you get with it. Just because Axl didn't want to be involved with them, doesn't mean they are fake or not legit.

So this "fake" group of people had an agenda, and that agenda had changed from all the other artists that they had inducted, to trying to get Axl Rose to "sell out" and them cashing in. Do you really believe all the nonsense that you post? Your blind worshipping of Axl is what made people start referring to you as lolcano. GnR belongs in any rock n roll hall of fame, or any top rock bands of all time list. If you really think that the main goal of this "fake" group of people was to somehow strike it rich by manipulating Axl Rose to reunite with the band that helped make him famous.......

They inducted GnR and invited the original members to appear. Just like they have done with other bands that had break-up issues. GnR isn't the first, nor will they be the last.

One side cares about their fans - one side cares more about fueds, and drama, and lawsuits and all that other crap.

The funny thing is that if Axl decided to show up and perform, but Slash turned it down - you guys would be crucifying Slash. The way that every opinion you have is based on what Axl Rose does is really a bit scary.

Axl and Izzy were the heart and soul who wrote every thing? Comments like this are why 99% of the people on this forum don't take you seriously.

If that is the case, then why haven't their careers been anywhere near as successful as they were when teamed up with Slash and Duff?

I admire your passion and dedication to Axl and the current band. And you seem like a pretty nice guy. But when you make posts like this........it's embarrasing to all GnR fans.

Agreed

but who cares?

let's all co exist.

amen

It's common knowledge that all five bandmembers were involved in the songwriting process back in the day, it was a true team effort. Slash reiterated that fact recently with Howard Stern. If you consider songwriting to be strictly lyrics, then yes Axl and Izzy wrote most of the lyrics. Personally, I find most songs to be much more than just lyrics.

A rarely considered point of view, however, is that if Axl didnt keep the Gnr name and tour throughout the 00s and put out an album, GNR probably wouldnt have even been nominated.

They're my favorite band of all time, but even I know that leaving people like Rush and Kiss out of the Hof forever and ever, and putting in Gnr the first time shows that it is a bit of a 1) popularity contest, not really about contributions to the genre and 2) a money grab hoping for Axl and Slash to get together because of the drama created especially by Axl for touring with the Gnr name.

There is also the very small matter of a little band called Deep Purple.

Hold on just a minute there! Steven is more GNR than all of them.

Hold on just a minute there! Steven thinks he is more GNR than all of them.

Edited by The Archer