Muse - The 2nd Law

bacardimayne

They just played Survival at the Olympics closing ceremony and it was pretty fucking horrible in all honesty.

Good performance of a shit song.

Good performance?

Matt mimed the guitar, and just made a joke of the whole thing with over the top knee slides and stage moves. And his voice was weak for most of the performance. The only good part was when he hit the high note at the end. Other than that, it was shit. Can't blame them. It's their first live performance in forever + the first time ever playing that song live (+ playing the Olympics has to be a shitload of pressure). Wasn't as bad as GNR at Rio, but it was pretty bad.

I thought his voice was alright and I don't even except it to be much better when they start touring, though it's very true that he never does that many of those knee slides if you actually go and see Muse live. Thiis was obviously an excellent promo opportunity and I think they were wise taking advantage of it.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Broskirose

They just played Survival at the Olympics closing ceremony and it was pretty fucking horrible in all honesty.

Good performance of a shit song.

Good performance?

Matt mimed the guitar, and just made a joke of the whole thing with over the top knee slides and stage moves. And his voice was weak for most of the performance. The only good part was when he hit the high note at the end. Other than that, it was shit. Can't blame them. It's their first live performance in forever + the first time ever playing that song live (+ playing the Olympics has to be a shitload of pressure). Wasn't as bad as GNR at Rio, but it was pretty bad.

I thought his voice was alright and I don't even except it to be much better when they start touring, though it's very true that he never does that many of those knee slides if you actually go and see Muse live. Thiis was obviously an excellent promo opportunity and I think they were wise taking advantage of it.

I thought his voice was weak through most of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orz6gAnD8-o

Edited by Broskirose

i only heard 1 muse song in my life until i watched the olympics closing ceremony and it was pretty bad IMO

i only heard 1 muse song in my life until i watched the olympics closing ceremony and it was pretty bad IMO

Same here.

Sorry, I just never got the appeal of these guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsapab5LwcY

Same here.

Sorry, I just never got the appeal of these guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsapab5LwcY

Eh, it was ok, I guess.

I like "Uprising", for what it's worth. I'm scanning through their YouTube channel right now to see what else they have to offer.

I don't care for the singer's voice all that much.