Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Face book is the new weapon. lives ruined.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

ThomasMeadow

ThomasMeadow

dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,212 posts
  • 29-May 04
So in the last week I put 5 people on my block list on facebook, all co - workers and one of them being my roommate.

So one of these 5 told on me about a post I made kinda poking fun at this group of people. They told my fucking boss though!

My boss didn't really give a shit since he didn't see the message him self and he thought it was kinda bullshit/ half hearted (lack of a better term) anyway. He just asked if I was having any issues.

Its just really fuckin annoying having to work with people that get really easily butt hurt over a facebook message (that wasn't even that bad) and can't say it to my face if they have a issue, but in March of this year these fucking losers had no problem "talking" to me when my truck got broken into and work gear got stolen (gas mask and uniforms) . making it sound like it was my fault my truck got broken into at the busiest hour of the fucking gym on one of the busiest streets in Tacoma. Saying I was bring the team down with my lack of care.

So , since this group of people have noticed that I put them on block, things have gotten really ... awkward to say the least...

Just kinda odd how a website can ruin so much these days. I kinda don't really care, because after Sep 4th I'll only see these people in passing, but its going to be a really annoying 3 months left here.

It is funny though , the group I came with also told my boss how I wasn't being a "team player" a month and a half ago... Well fuck them , I was put in for NCO of the month, helped with a humanitarian project in town down Bishkek , and come Aug I'll finally have my fucking college degree.

Edited by ThomasMeadow, 09 June 2012 - 09:13 AM.

Posted Image

Crash Diet

Crash Diet

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts
  • 22-October 11
yes

Unless we start boycotting them nothing will ever change.

Stop seeing GnR concerts. Stop buying shit from them.

2 things will happen:
- They will actually step up and release new music.
- Or they will quit.

And quite frankly, both options are better than this.

we were the left overs... the "hardcore" fans

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,459 posts
  • 12-December 08
That's why it's good to have multiple Facebook accounts, and not discuss people you work with. Even when it comes to office gossip on Email, I never wrote my opinions.

Madridista

Madridista

Full

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • 07-June 12
I'm not on Facebook anymore. It think FB is childish and fuels narcissism.

AxlsAngel

AxlsAngel

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts
  • 16-August 07

I agree with that to a certain extent, but I do enjoy using it to keep in contact with some family and friends. I just ignore the attention whores and be careful about what I post for the rest of the world to see.

axlsangelqi5.jpg

"The truth is the truth hurts... don't you agree?"

DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Forum Chaplain

• Members
  • 15,547 posts
  • 03-January 04

I agree with that to a certain extent, but I do enjoy using it to keep in contact with some family and friends. I just ignore the attention whores and be careful about what I post for the rest of the world to see.

Well look who it is!

I guess you got sucked back into this bottomless pit, black hole, cesspool we call mygnr, eh? Ya check in, but you can't check out around here. You can pretend you left for a while, but you always come back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

earthrise.jpg

Attention World:

"Loose" means something is not tight, for example "My shoelace is loose."

"Lose" means to misplace or to not win. Examples include, "Keep your keys in your pocket so you don't lose them," and, "The Yankees are going to lose tonight and every day this week for sure because they suck."

Thank you.

Madridista

Madridista

Full

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • 07-June 12
I love it when people use the I need FB to stay in touch with people argument. As if we hadn't been able to stay in touch with our friends before FB even existed. Truth is, FB is full of gossip, narcissism, people posting pics of themselves, telling the rest of the world what they're doing every second of every day. I don't need that and what's more, I don't want that. I just don't need to know where my friends are every second of every day, nor what they do, what they eat, what they wear. We just don't need to know all that. Wanna stay in touch with friends and relatives? Give them a call, or better yet, pay them a visit, have a real life conversation with someone, instead of just updating your status on FB telling everyone what a great cup of coffee you're having.

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,251 posts
  • 23-December 10
Idk, Don't have FB.

I'M HALF THE MAN I USED TO BE  25jhz46.gif THIS I FEEL AS THE DAWN IT FADES TO GRAY

Sweersa

Sweersa

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • 04-July 08
It's simple, don't post shit on Facebook that can bite you in the ass.

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,471 posts
  • 09-March 08
i have a facebook and very rarely use it and only accept people i want to talk to and know well i ignore everyone else. i use it and mostly post music videos and keep in touch with my cousin that i love like my brother

shallan_zps2f2c7265.jpg

“Ah, the outdoors,' Shallan said. 'I visited that mythical place once.” 

Chinaski

Chinaski

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • 14-January 12
I don't have a facebook anymore. Probably been a couple of years since I closed it. The main plus point being that when someone goes 'did you see on facebook that...' I can immediately go 'NO' and spare myself being told that someone I went to school with ten years ago that I don't care about has a photo doing something I don't care about with someone else I don't care about in a place I don't care about. It saves me lots of time as that used to happen lots.

pmue.png

Patience 4 Axl

Patience 4 Axl

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 14,891 posts
  • 25-August 04
There's been a lot of stories about couples getting divorced, people losing their jobs, or even people committing suicide over things posted on facebook. The whole thing is sort of weird, to be that connected with people, some of whom you haven't seen or talked to in years, and to know so much crap about them. Can't say I really bother with it.
Posted Image

"I left Guns out of love. Out of love of music and being on stage."- SLASH

Whateva! I'm not some pretenderrr, I'm a native New Yorkerrr!

Kill Devil Hill

Kill Devil Hill

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • 14-July 11

This. I have a Facebook, but I only use it when someone says, "I sent you something on Facebook!"

In regards to Slash, I read a desperate fan's message about, what if one of us were to die and looking back I had the possibility of a reunion now, blah blah blah. And my thoughts are, "Yeah, and while you're at the show your baby accidentally kicks a candle and burns your house down, killing himself and the rest of your family."

Projected

Projected

FRONTMAN

• Returned
  • 8,726 posts
  • 02-April 03
What was the offensive post?

Posted Image
Fought for the Israeli army, therefore cooler than you.
I am here to exercise my constitutional right to humiliate losers and crush their dreams

UK SUBS

UK SUBS

FRONTMAN

• Admins
  • 11,210 posts
  • 03-October 03

There's been a lot of stories about couples getting divorced, people losing their jobs, or even people committing suicide over things posted on facebook. The whole thing is sort of weird, to be that connected with people, some of whom you haven't seen or talked to in years, and to know so much crap about them. Can't say I really bother with it.

It's true, that's why.
I've been involved with loads and loads of employment cases regarding comments on 'social networks' and in fact, most modern companies have this now included in a company handbook or employees T&C's.

A young girl who recently worked for a company was sacked as she posted on twitter she was sick of "the MD being a pompous old twat" - within minutes, 3 or 4 employers alerted senior management (yeah i know, but it's what happens) and the girl was dismissed for gross mis-conduct. Nothing worse than we use to do down the pub when we were 18, before social networking I guess, but...?

NEVER been on facebook, twitter, myspace, etc.
I take my privacy really seriously and infact from this forum in the 9 years or so I've been here, only 2 people know my private email address and only 2/3 people have my mobile/cell number. It's a shame but there's always someone looking to take advantage.

**EDIT** I did have a facebook account just remembered but it was for a wedding in Edinburgh that was building up for a year or so and everyone was like "go on you boring old bastard, join and get with it, grandad" so I did -- In that one year I had "5 friends" and 4 were from the same fucking family, so.......:fuckyou:FB!

uksubssigs.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users