If you do not have faith in Guns n Roses, why are you here?

saber_

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why start a thread that lures people into talking about the subject which you apparently don't want them to talk about

I think you guys feel so low and bitter because this is the only place you get to talk about the new band. Out in the real world people are willing to talk about the original band, but if you bring up the new band people just roll their eyes and laugh at you. And you feel scared and hurt and want to protect your opinion from the big outside world where everyone else thinks you're just a bit of a freak...

I couldn't care less about what other people think about "new" GNR nor why they post here if they miss the old lineup.

What I really dislike is people talking on behalf of "the majority", "the rest of the world", "people of the real world".

Please just limt yourself to post opinions on your own behalf instead of mentioning the rest of mankind to make people believe you actually have a valid point

Yes. Those in particular are obnoxious. The rest of the world and majority/minority comments have no credibility when it is obvious that Guns as they are now are still a major draw around the world.

It seems some fans have lost faith in one way or another. Why then, do those people still follow the band? It's quite the riddle. And one which vexes me so.

I can see why people who read my posts would think I'm one of those who has largely lost faith. I have lost faith that I will ever consider this band guns n roses. I've lost faith a real new album will ever be recorded with new Axl vocals and songs all over it - not some compilation of songs from 1999-2004 on them. I've lost faith there will be a reunion. I've lost faith in Axl's musical ability since he doesn't seem to stretch that muscle any more.

I haven't lost faith that something might leak. I haven't lost faith some compilation could be released of already recorded songs. This and leaks are the main reason I'm here. If any Axl music comes out I want to be among the first to hear it. I haven't lost faith that a lot of really interesting things could happen - including to do with members of the old band. Axl and Slash could meet, someone could leave nu guns... who would replace them? The site keeps you up to date on all the old members of the band too and people talk about what goes on among them. This is where I first found out about Slash's album, stuff about Loaded, the hall of fame discussions, plenty old band stuff goes on here. Axl's still a really interesting guy and there is I believe for a fact at least 10 other ready to release songs are sitting in a vault and at least 30 more in stages roughly between just buckethead/robin guitar tracks with someone on drums to songs Axl has at least partially recorded vocals on. That's a lot of shit that could come at any moment. The band is fun and funny to watch, I'll admit that too. It can somewhat be a soap opera watching the drama with this awkwardly operating band of characters led by the captain of crazy rock stars himself.

I agree that people should only speak for themselves.

Anyway, I don't feel like posting as much as I used to do. Too much negative shit going on here.

Same. Especially now that I've just seen them three times and am extremely happy to be a GN'R fan it sucks coming on here and read all of that negative stuff. It makes me not want to bother even posting my reviews of the shows I attented. I just share them with people who will appreciate it and there aren't many of those on here.

**note to all members** Seems the best place to put this -- This forum will have a full re-structure within the next few weeks or so.

We're going to attempt to allow all opinions from all quality/intelligent members (without censorship) that clearly have differing views and we feel we can do this and hope you'll enjoy the changes we'll be making in the next few weeks and months. We've changed the mod team, returned banned members, made hundreds of changes behind the scenes, the forum new rules will be posted online tomorrow, Supporter benefits within a week or so and securing some really exciting deals to further promote this forum. In this section at the minute it is a fucking mess and it needs sorting out and we'll do that, please bear with us!!

NB - The only reason I'm locking this thread is by doing so, I know this post will have a better chance of being read, thank you!