Slash named the best guitarist of all time

Guest Iron Fist SS

It's a top 50 list? Who's the other 40?

I'm iffy about Slash being on any"greatest of all time" list, but they should do some sort of poll about "what is the person who influenced you the most into playing guitar". I think Slash would put Ron Wood in that top 10 list because he personally encouraged him. When you have a guy from 2 legendary rock bands giving you kind words about your playing, that weighs pretty heavy, but his priorities were more skateboarding and biking, music was a hobby, not a livelihood.

If he hadn't been brought up around artists, I don't think he would've been as motivated to be a rock musician.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

It's a top 50 list? Who's the other 40?

50. Ace Frehley

49. Ruyter Suys

48. Jerry Cantrell

47. Mick Box

46. Tom Morello

45. Mike Amott

44. Fast Eddoe Clarke

43. Alex Lifeson

42. Vivian Campbell

41. Dave Mustaine

40. Marty Friedman

39. IA Eklundh

38. Paul Gilbert

37. Chick Shuldiner

36. Uli Jon Roth

35. Zakk Wylde

34. Steve Vai

33. Brian Robertson

32. Fredrik Thordendahl

31. Joe Perry

30. Lita Ford

29. Johnny Ramone

28. Alexi Laiho

27. Alex Skolnick

26. Andreas Kisser

25. Pete Townshend

24. Kurt Cobain

23. Mark Reale

22. James Hetfield

21. Wolf Hoffman

20. Michelle Meldrum

19. Billy Gibbons

18. Angus Young

17. Leslie West

16. Eddie Van Halen

15. K.K. Downing

14. Glen Tipton

13. Dimebag Darrell

12. Yngwie Malmsteen

11. Kerry King

Wow no Satriani makes this list laughable. What to speak of great players like Guthrie Govan who would easily be top 20 imho. I don't need to see another list with Eric Clapton as the #1 either. But having Slash as #1 and seeing who else is in the top 50, well for me that list means nothing in the end.

And ironically his most well-known works werent just in GNR but in songs Axl had to basically force Slash to do: SCOM, NR, Estranged. We can thank Axl for this one.

Better than Hendrix and Page? Hm.

Shhhhh don't upset the Slash fans

Once again, I didn't read alll the responses, but best of all time? Are you fucking kidding me? He is a good string bender, but is he a Jeff Beck, Roger McGuinn, or Eric Clapton? Hardly!

+1

Wrong section....I know you need the attention it is ok.....

Splash is in my top 10 worst guitar players...see how these silly lists are useless and simply opinion based?

There he goes again, the gay trollcano. As if you understood anything about music and guitar playing...

Reported for homophobia. Have a nice vacation.

Oh and just for your info i've been playing guitar since I was 14 year old.

Well I'm going to report you for homophobiaphobia.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Yeah, wouldn't it be terrible to give the GNR guitarist some praise on a GNR board?

Which one you praising? DJ, BBF or Fortus?

Slash.

I'm pretty sure he got voted best guitarist of all time because of 'Apocalyptic Love'. CoolFace.png

:rofl-lol:

Hey is it cool if i post DJ's guitar collection in the former member section? Everyone seems to be confused about where to post thingsCoolFace.png

Edited by volcano62

I'm pretty sure he got voted best guitarist of all time because of 'Apocalyptic Love'. CoolFace.png

Nah, probably Sweet Child O Mine, November Rain solo and Estranged guitar work. Probably GNR's most notable guitar solos that he wrote. I am sure if he had wrote the "This I love" solo he would have been bronzed at the RNRHOF, right?